Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) in Persian
Classical Persian Literature, Indo-Persian Literature, Modern Persian Literature, Rhetoric & Prosody, Special Study of Iqbal
G-3/1st Floor, "Eelafe Batha", Al- Hamd Gulmohar Suites, Near Nadeem Tarin Hall, Sir Syed Nagar, Aligarh, U.P. (India) - 202002
I joined the Department of Persian in 1997 and currently working as a Professor since 2012. I have also held the office of the Chairman, Department of Persian and the office of the Director, Institute of Persian Research, Aligarh Muslim University. My area of specialisation includes Classical Persian, Indo-Persian Literature, Modern Persian Literature, Rhetoric & Prosody, and Special Study of Iqbal.
I was awarded the President of India Award for Young Scholars, the Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman, in 2009.
I have written more than 40 research papers and have authored/edited 15 books. I am also a member of the editorial boards of numerous research and academic journals. I pioneered the department’s first-ever peer-reviewed research journal, Shakh-i-Nabat, in 2015.
I have organised 4 international seminars on various aspects of Persian Language and Literature in my official capacities.
- Ahde Khaljiyane Hind Ki Nomayendeh Farsi Mansoorat (ISBN: 978-93-5126-099-8)
- Bustaan-ul-Ikram (ISBN: 978-93-5126-067-4)
- Masnavi Tuhfae Safar-us-Saadeh (ISBN:978-964-439-507-9)
- Haya't-e-Sa'di (ISBN: 978-93-82201-93-9)
- Maktoobat-e-Shah Peer Mohammad Lakhnawi (ISBN: 978-93-5351-195-1)
- Nuzhatul Arwah (ISBN: 978-93-5396-632-4)
- Manaqibul Asrar (ISBN: 978-93-5396-517-4)
- “Misbah-ut-Talebeen Ali Habib Nasr Phulwarwi: Unniswin Sadi ke Qadirul Kalam Sokhan Sanje Irfan” Download PDFShakh-i-Nabat; Sr. I; Department of Persian, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh; 2016
- “Shafa’at: Khasaaese Nabawi SAW ka Munfarido Yagana Baab” Download PDF
Al–Mojib (Quarterly); Vol. 56, Sl. No. 04; Phulwari Sharif, Patna; October-December 2016. (ISSN: 2320-8600)
- “Guldastae Afkare A’arefane Shaarif: Masnavi Aslul Ma’arif” Download PDFTasfiah; Vol. 1; Sl. No. 1; Kutub Khanae Anwariya - Takiya Sharif, Kakori, Lucknow, India; January-June 2014. (ISSN: 2347-7938)
- “Seerat-e-Sayyeda Zahrae Batool Alaihassalam ke chand Dorakhshan Pahloo” Azmate Ahle Bait; Sayyeda Zainab Education Foundation, Banglore;Download PDFOctober, 2016
- “E’jaze Khusrawi: E’jaze Khamae M’ojiz Bayane Khusrawe Dehlawi” Download PDF
Literary – Cultural Dynamics of Khusraw’s Thought and Art; Vol. II; Institute of Persian Research, A.M.U, Aligarh; 2014
- "Hadeese Hindustaan wa Nutqe Do Dildadagan” Download PDFDabeer (Quarterly); Vol. 04, Sl. No. 10; Kakori, Lucknow; January-March 2017. (ISSN: 2394-5567)
- “Ahwalo Aasare Waqife Asrare Ma’anawi Sultanul Auliya Shah Peer Mohammad Luckhnawi” Download PDF
Al–Mojib (Quarterly); Vol. 54, Sl. No. 02; Phulwari Sharif, Patna; April-June 2014. (ISSN: 2320-8600)
- “Farsi Tahqeeqo Tanqeed Mein Professor Nazir Ahmad ke Imtiyazat” Download PDF
Post 1947 Persian Literature and Professor Nazir Ahmad; Seminar Volume; Ghalib Institute, New Delhi; 2016. (ISSN: 81-8172-077-6)
- “Mara Chun Guzar Bar Iraq Oftaad” Download PDF
Al–Mojib (Quarterly); Vol. 60, Sl. No. 01; Phulwari Sharif, Patna; January-March 2020. (ISSN: 2320-8600)
- "Ahde Ghalib ke Mumtazo Munfarid Shaire Irfan Hazrat Maulana Shah Mohammad Abul Hasan Fard Phulwarwi" Download PDFAl–Mojib (Quarterly); Vol. 57, Sl. No. 02; Phulwari Sharif, Patna; April-June 2017. (ISSN: 2320-8600)
- “Ghalibe Zindani”
Fikr-o-Nazar (Quarterly); Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh; March 2006.
- “Nasre Farsie Hind: Qarnaine Dorakhshan” Special Issue on Farsi Adab Number of Fikr-o-Nazar (Quarterly); Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh; July 2011.
- “Qudsie Mashhadi wa Nuzhatgahe Kashmir” Special Issue on Kashmir and Mir Seyed Ali Hamadani of Qande Parsi (Quarterly); No. 47-48; Center of Persian Research, Office of The Cultural Counselor, Embassy of Islamic Republic of Iran, New Delhi; Winter '09-Spring '10.
- “Contributions of Francis Gladwin to the study of Persian Literature” Indo-Iranica (Quarterly); Vol. LXVI, Number 1-4; Iran Society, Kolkata, India; March, June, September & December 2013. (ISSN: 0378-0856)