COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT THROUGH POLYTECHNICS (CDTP) SCHEME (Under the Sponsorship of MHRD)
The programmes under this scheme were started in 2010 to ensure that the rural and economically weaker sections of the society share the benefits from the investments in the technical education system for socio-economic upliftment and improvement of quality of life;
To achieve this, young girls are given short term training in various trades so that they could become eligible for the self/wage employment.
Activities of CDTP Scheme:
Following are major activities identified for this scheme
1) Skill Development: Skill development programmes in different trades at Main Centre and in various extension centres are running to enhance self/wage employment.
2) Transfer of Technology: Demonstration of different technological methods such as Solar Cooker, Solar Light, Chips Making Machine, Sag/Salad Cutting Machine, Papad Making Machine etc, is carried out at various Extension Centre time to time.
3) Technical & Support Services: Workshops, Career Awareness programmes, Health Camps, Repair & Maintenance Camps are organised at Main Centre as well as different villages of Aligarh.
4) Dissemination of Information: Awareness camps, lectures and other methodologies are adopted to create awareness in rural area regarding the various development programs running by the scheme.
5) Socio Economic Survey: To provide the benefits of this scheme to the needy and deserving persons various surveys are made in the nearby localities to identify weaker and socio-economically backward sections of the society. Based on this survey, Extension Centers are established.
Skill Development Programme of CDTP Scheme:
Since inception girls have been trained under the scheme in the following trades:
(i) Beautician & Hair Dressing
(ii) Garment Making
(iii) MS Office & Internet Basics
(iv) Soft Toys & Doll Making
(v) Embroidery & Needle Work
(vi) Textile Dyeing & Printing
(vii) English Typing
(viii) Zari Zardozi Work
(ix) Dari Ghalicha Making
(x) Fabric Painting & Patchwork
(xi) Receptionist cum Office Maintenance
(xii) Fruit/ Vegetable Preservation etc.
Training V/s Employment Detail:
1) Total No. of trainees since inception: 3147
2) No. of trainees enrolled during session 2015-2016: 735
3) No. of Trainees got employment during session 2015-2016: 121
4) No. of Trainees got employment (upto the session 2014- 2015): 770
The activities of the scheme are being monitored by its Executive & Advisory Committees during their meetings. Apart from these meetings Half Yearly & Annual Review Workshops are organized by NITTTR/ MHRD at Government Polytechnic, Kanpur which are attended by the Internal Coordinator & Chief Coordinator of the Scheme.
Important events Organized under CDTP Scheme:
1) Sale of Products at Main Centre: Sales of products prepared by the trainees were organized during 2013 & 2015 at the Main Centre (University Women's Polytechnic).
2) Stalls at Aligarh Exhibition: For the publicity of the Scheme and to demonstrate the products made by the trainees Stalls were organized in the District Agricultural & Industrial Exhibition in the Year 2013 & 2014.
3) Technology Transfer Camps:
(a) Village Drain , Smokeless Chullah and Sanitation were constructed at Extension centres.
(b) Two days Camp of Technology Transfer programme for the construction of Low cost Latrines along with the Certificate Distribution function was organised at Chharra Extension Centre on 16th & 17th December 2015.
4) Entrepreneurship Development Workshops/Career Awareness Programmes: Lectures, Orientation programme and Workshops are organised for the benefit of trainees, as well as for the awareness of the scheme among the masses both at Main Centre and in Extension Centre in 2013, 2014 & 2015.
5) Repair/ Maintenance & Demonstration Camps: Various Camps related with skill Development Programme were organised from time to time at the Main Centre as well as at various Extension Centres for the benefit of common people. The detail is as under
Name, Place & Year are as follows:-
Repair of Sewing Machines Harduaganj Extension Centre 2010-2011
Repair of Sewing Machines Chharra Extension Centre 2010-2011
Health Camp & Certificate Distribution Shahanshahbad Extension Centre 2010-2011
Repair of Fans & Electrical Items Atrauli Extension Centre 2011-2012
Mehndi & Hair Cutting Camp Main Centre, University Women's Polytechnic 2011-2012
Mobile Repair Camp Chharra Extension Centre 2012-2013
Mehndi & Hair Cutting Camp Main Centre, University Women's Polytechnic 2012-2013
Health Camp Alambagh Extension Centre 2012-2013
Pidilite Workshop Main Centre, University Women's Polytechnic 2012-2013
Mobile Repair Camp Barola Jafarabad, Extension Centre 2013-2014
Pidilite Workshop Main Centre, University Women's Polytechnic 2013-2014
Mehndi & Hair Cutting Camp Main Centre, University Women's Polytechnic 2013-2014
Home Appliance Repair Camp Bhujpura Extension Centre 2014-2015
Pidilite Workshop Main Centre, University Women's Polytechnic 2014-2015
Certificate Distribution & Product Display Function Main Centre, University Women's Polytechnic 2015-2016
Repair of Sewing Machines & Certificate Distribution Bhujpura, Extension Centre 2015-2016
Hair Cutting Camp Main Centre, University Women's Polytechnic 2015-2016
Mehndi Camp Main Centre, University Women's Polytechnic 2015-2016
Pidilite Workshop Main Centre, University Women's Polytechnic 2015-2016
Suggestion for Centre Visits Established by CDTP in Different Places of Aligarh:- Monthly Centre visits are necessary to update performance of the Students.