Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations
- Entry in the Maulana Azad Library is open only to bonafide students and staff/faculty of the university. Visitors/guests are allowed to visit the library but they may make an entry in the guest register available at the entrance of MA Library.
- Members are required to observe silence in the Reading Halls.
- Users should always carry their valid Identity Card of the current session issued by the University and produce the same whenever asked by the Library staff.
- Library services are restricted only to bonafide members of the MA Library.
- Library users must keep their bags at Property Counter against a token. Library is not responsible for user’s personal belongings, hence users are advised not to keep valuables in their bags at the Property Counter.
- Laptops and other computing devices are allowed inside the library premises.
- Library shall not be responsible for missing/losing of user’s valuables, laptops, computing devices, mobile, etc. inside the library premises.
- Computers, Internet, Wi-Fi and Printing facilities are meant for academic purpose only.
- Users are not permitted to make changes to computer settings or configurations available in the Digital Resources Centre or OPAC Terminals.
- Users are not allowed to install any software on computers in the Digital Resource Centre. For installation of any software, users are instructed to take prior permission from the staff available at the duty point.
- Users are responsible for their personal portable digital devices such as Pen Drive, CDs, Hard Drive, Data Cable, etc. Library will not be responsible for the loss of such devices in any case.
- Without proper permission and issuance, no library material can be taken out from the Library.
- Sleeping, eating, smoking, chewing Pan/Pan Masala/Gutkha/Khaini, talking on cell phones and talking loudly anywhere in the library is strictly prohibited. Members sitting in the Reading Areas/Digital Resources Centre are required to set their cell phones to vibrate mode and step outside the library to talk/attend a call.
- Newspapers and magazines must be read only in the concerned Reading Area and should not be taken to other reading areas.
- It is mandatory for all the stakeholders to maintain decorum in the Maulana Azad Library premises.
- Photocopy of Theses/Dissertations is not allowed.
- Notices, display/distribution of publicity materials and wall writings etc. are not allowed in any part of the library building without prior permission of the University Librarian.
- E-Resources such as e-journals, e-books, databases, etc. subscribed by the Maulana Azad Library are meant for academic and research purpose only.
- Systematic/excessive downloading of e-resources is strictly prohibited. Please be aware that in case of systematic downloading, the publisher will block all the users for accessing that particular resource from Aligarh Muslim University.
- All the library users will have to abide by rules and regulations issued by University Librarian from time to time.
- Any violation by any user in rules and regulations may lead to suspension of Library membership. The violator may be penalized and disciplinary action may be taken against him/her as per the rules and regulations of the University.
Updated on 02.05.2021