M.Phil, Ph.D. (Statistics)
Applied Statistics & Optimization
Medical Colony, A.M.U., Aligarh
Dr. IRFAN ALI received B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil., and Ph.D. degrees from Aligarh Muslim University. He is currently a working faculty member with the Department of Statistics and Operations Research, Aligarh Muslim University. He received the Post Graduate Merit Scholarship Award during his M.Sc. (statistics) and the UGC-BSR Scholarship award during his Ph.D. (statistics) program. His research interests include applied statistics, survey sampling, reliability theory, supply chain networks and management, mathematical programming, Fuzzy optimization, and multiobjective optimization. He has supervised M.Sc., M.Phil., and Ph.D. students in operations research. He has completed a research project UGC–Start-Up Grant Project, UGC, New Delhi, India. He has published more than 100 research articles in SCI/SCIE and other reputed journals and serves as a Reviewer for several journals. He has published some edited books for Taylor France and Springer Nature publishers and some are in process of publication. He has currently published one textbook “Optimization-with-LINGO-18-Problems-and-Applications”. This book is useful for academicians, practitioners, students, and researchers in the field of OR. He is a Lifetime Member of various professional societies: Operational Research Society of India, Indian Society for Probability and Statistics, Indian Mathematical Society, and The Indian Science Congress Association. He has delivered invited talks in several universities and Institutions. He also serves as an Associate Editor and Guest Editor of SCI/SCIE for some journals.
1. Irfan Ali, Leopoldo Eduardo Cárdenas-Barrón, Ali Akbar Shaik (2021): Optimal Decision Making in Operations Research & Statistics: Methodologies and Applications. CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, www.crcpress.com. (Copyright Year 2022, 1st Edition) https://www.routledge.com/Optimal-Decision-Making-in-Operations-Research-and-Statistics-Methodologies/Ali-Cardenas-Barron-Ahmed Shaikh/p/book/9780367618759
2. Neha Gupta, Irfan Ali (2021). Optimization with LINGO-18: Problems and Applications, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, www.crcpress.com. (Copyright Year 2022, 1st Edition) https://www.routledge.com/Optimization-with-LINGO-18-Problems-and- Applications/Gupta-Ali/p/book/9780367501228
3. Irfan Ali, Prasenjit Chatterjee, Ali Akbar Shaik, Ali AlArjani (2021): Computational Modelling in Industry 4.0 - Sustainable Resource Management. Springer Nature Publication. https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-981-16-7723-6
- Key Research Papers Publication
1. Ali, Irfan, Raghav, Y.S., Khan, M.F., and Bari, A. (2013): Selective Maintenance in System Reliability with random costs of repairing and replacing the components, Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation, 42(9), pp. 2026-2039.
https://doi.org/10.1080/03610918.2012.689063. SCI Impact Factor = 1.118 (Web of Science).
2. Ali, Irfan, Raghav, Y.S. and Bari, A. (2013): Compromise allocation in multivariate stratified surveys with stochastic quadratic cost function, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 83(5), pp. 962-976.
https://doi.org/10.1080/00949655.2011.643890. SCI Impact Factor = 1.424 (Web of Science).
3. Raghav, Y.S., Ali, Irfan and Bari, A. (2014). Multi-Objective Nonlinear Programming Approach in Multivariate Stratified Sample Surveys in the case of Non-Response, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 84(1), pp. 22-36.
https://doi.org/10.1080/00949655.2012.692370. SCI Impact Factor = 1.424 (Web of Science).
4. S. Haseen, Irfan Ali, and Bari, A. (2016): Multiobjective Stochastic Multivariate Stratified sampling in the presence of Non - Response, Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation, 45(8), pp. 2810-2826.
https://doi.org/10.1080/03610918.2014.926173. SCI Impact Factor = 1.118 (Web of Science).
5. Mohammad Asim Nomani, Irfan Ali, Armin Fügenschuh & Aquil Ahmed (2017): A fuzzy goal programming approach to analyse sustainable development goals of India, Applied Economics Letters, 24(7), 443-447.
https://doi.org/10.1080/13504851.2016.1200178. SCI Impact Factor = 1.157 (Web of Science).
6. Gupta, S.; Fügenschuh, A.; Ali, Irfan (2018). A Multi-Criteria Goal Programming Model to Analyze the Sustainable Goals of India. Sustainability. 10(3), pp. 778-797.
https://doi.org/10.3390/su10030778. SCI Impact Factor = 3.251(Web of Science).
7. Charles, V., Gupta, S., Ali, Irfan (2019). A Fuzzy Goal Programming Approach for Solving Multiobjective Supply Chain Network Problems with Pareto-distributed Random Variables. International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems. 27(04), pp. 559-593.
https://doi.org/10.1142/S0218488519500259. SCI Impact Factor = 1.518 (Web of Science).
8. AhteshamulHaq, Irfan Ali & Rahul Varshney (2020). Compromise allocation problem in multivariate stratified sampling with flexible fuzzy goals, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 90(9), pp. 1557-1569.
https://doi.org/10.1080/00949655.2020.1734808. SCI Impact Factor = 1.424 (Web of Science).
9. Ali, Irfan, Modibbo, U. M, Chauhan, J., and Meraj, M. (2020). An Integrated Multiobjective Optimization Modelling for Sustainable Development Goal of India, Environ Dev Sustain 23, pp. 3811–3831.
https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-020-00745-7. SCI Impact Factor = 3.219 (Web of Science).
10. Ali, Irfan, Fügenschuh, A., Gupta, S., Modibbo, U. (2020). The LR-Type Fuzzy Multi-Objective Vendor Selection Problem in Supply Chain Management.Mathematics, 8(9), 1621.
https://doi.org/10.3390/math8091621. SCI Impact Factor = 2.258 (Web of Science).
11. Modibbo, U.M., Ali, Irfan, & Ahmed, A. (2020). Multiobjective optimization modelling for analyzing sustainable development goals of Nigeria: Agenda 2030, Environ Dev Sustain 23, pp. 9529–9563.
https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-020-01022-3. SCI Impact Factor = 3.219 (Web of Science).
12. Kamal, M., Modibbo, U.M., AlArjani, A., Ali, Irfan (2021). Neutrosophic fuzzy goal programming approach in selective maintenance allocation of system reliability. Complex Intell. Syst. vol. 7(2), pp. 1045-1059.
https://doi.org/10.1007/s40747-021-00269-1. SCI Impact Factor = 4.927 (Web of Science).
13. M. F. Khan, A. Haq, A. Ahmed & Ali, Irfan (2021). Multiobjective Multi-Product Production Planning Problem Using Intuitionistic and Neutrosophic Fuzzy Programming, in IEEE Access, vol. 9, pp. 37466-37486.
https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3063725. SCI Impact Factor = 3.745 (Web of Science).
14. Rahman, Md S.; Shaikh, Ali A.; Ali, Irfan; Bhunia, Asoke K.; Fügenschuh, Armin. (2021). "A Theoretical Framework for Optimality Conditions of Nonlinear Type-2 Interval-Valued Unconstrained and Constrained Optimization Problems Using Type-2 Interval Order Relations" Mathematics 9(8): 908.
https://doi.org/10.3390/math9080908 . SCI Impact Factor = 2.258 (Web of Science).
15. Ali AlArjani, Umar Muhammad Modibbo, Irfan Ali, Biswajit Sarkar (2021). A new framework for the sustainable development goals of Saudi Arabia, Journal of King Saud University - Science, vol.33(6), 101477. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jksus.2021.101477. SCI Impact Factor = 4.011 (Web of Science).
16.Amalesh Kumar Manna, Rajan Mondal, Ali Akbar Shaikh, Irfan Ali, Asoke Kumar Bhunia (2021). Single-manufacturer and multi-retailer supply chain model with pre-payment based partial free transportation, RAIRO-Oper. Res. 55 (2) 1063-1076.
https://doi.org/10.1051/ro/2021053. SCI Impact Factor = 1.393 (Web of Science).
17. Abdullah Ali H. Ahmadini, Umar Muhammad Modibbo, Ali Akbar Shaikh, Irfan Ali (2021). Multi-objective optimization modelling of sustainable green supply chain in inventory and production management, Alexandria Engineering Journal, vol. 60(6), pp. 5129-5146.
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aej.2021.03.075. SCI Impact Factor = 3.732 (Web of Science).
18. Abdullah Ali H. Ahmadini, Rahul Varshney, Mradula, Irfan Ali (2021). On multivariate-multiobjective stratified sampling design under probabilistic environment: A fuzzy programming technique, Journal of King Saud University - Science, vol. 33(5), 101448.
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jksus.2021.101448. SCI Impact Factor = 4.011 (Web of Science).
19. Umar Muhammad Modibbo, Mohd. Arshad, Omer Abdalghani, Ali, Irfan (2021). Optimization and estimation in system reliability allocation problem, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, vol. 212, pp. 107620, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2021.107620. SCI Impact Factor = 6.188 (Web of Science).
20. Gupta, S., Haq, A., Ali, Irfan et al. (2021). Significance of multi-objective optimization in logistics problem for multi-product supply chain network under the intuitionistic fuzzy environment. Complex Intell. Syst. 7, 2119-2139.
https://doi.org/10.1007/s40747-021-00326-9. SCI Impact Factor = 4.927 (Web of Science).
21. Khan, Mohammad F., Asif Pervez, Umar M. Modibbo, Jahangir Chauhan, Ali, Irfan (2021). Flexible Fuzzy Goal Programming Approach in Optimal Mix of Power Generation for Socio-Economic Sustainability: A Case Study. Sustainability 13, no. 15: 8256.
https://doi.org/10.3390/su13158256. SCI Impact Factor = 3.251 (Web of Science).
22. Kamal, M., Alarjani, A., Haq, A., Yusufi, F. N. K., & Ali, I. (2021). Multi-objective transportation problem under type-2 trapezoidal fuzzy numbers with parameters estimation and goodness of fit. Transport, 36(4), 317-338. https://doi.org/10.3846/transport.2021.15649. SCI Impact Factor =1.469 (Web of Science).
23. Adichwal, N. K., Ahmadini, A. A. H., Raghav, Y. S., Singh, R., &Ali, I. (2022). Estimation of general parameters using auxiliary information in simple random sampling without replacement. Journal of King Saud University-Science, 34(2), 101754.
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jksus.2021.101754. SCI Impact Factor = 4.011 (Web of Science).
24. Haq, A., Modibbo, U. M., Ahmed, A., & Ali, I. (2021). Mathematical modeling of sustainable development goals of India agenda 2030: A Neutrosophic programming approach. Environment, Development, and Sustainability, 1-28.
https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-021-01928-6. SCI Impact Factor = 3.219 (Web of Science).
25. Modibbo, U.M., Hassan, M., Ahmed, A., and Ali, I. (2022). Multi-criteria decision analysis for pharmaceutical supplier selection problem using fuzzy TOPSIS, Management Decision, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print.
https://doi.org/10.1108/MD-10-2020-1335. SCI Impact Factor = 4.957 (Web of Science).
26. Mohammad Faisal Khan, Umar Muhammad Modibbo, Naeem Ahmad, Irfan Ali (2022). Nonlinear optimization in bi-level selective maintenance allocation problem, Journal of King Saud University - Science, 34 (4), pp. 101933.
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jksus.2022.101933. SCI Impact Factor = 4.011 (Web of Science).
27. Alam, I., Ahmad, H. H., Ahmed, A., & Ali, I. (2022). Inference on adaptive progressively hybrid censoring schemes under partially accelerated life test for OLiHL distribution. Quality and Reliability Engineering International.
https://doi.org/10.1002/qre.3159. SCI Impact Factor = 3.007 (Web of Science).
28. Modibbo, U.M., Gupta, S., Ahmed, Ali, I. (2022). An integrated multi-objective multi-product inventory managed production planning problem under uncertain environment. Ann Oper Res.
https://doi.org/10.1007/s10479-022-04795-0. SCI Impact Factor = 4.820 (Web of Science).
29. Rahul Varshney, Arun Pal, Mradula & Irfan Ali (2022). Optimum allocation in the multivariate cluster sampling design under Gamma cost function, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation.
DOI: 10.1080/00949655.2022.2104845. SCI Impact Factor = 1.424 (Web of Science).
30. Shokrya Saleh A. Alshqaq, Abdullah Ali H. Ahmadini, Irfan Ali (20220. Nonlinear Stochastic Multiobjective Optimization Problem in Multivariate Stratified Sampling Design, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2022, Article ID 2502346, 16 pages, 2022.
https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/2502346. SCI Impact Factor = 1.430 (Web of Science).
31. Y. S. Raghav, Mradula, R. Varshney, U. M. Modibbo, A. A. H. Ahmadini and I. Ali (2022). Estimation and Optimization for System Availability Under Preventive Maintenance, IEEE Access, vol. 10, pp. 94337-94353.
DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3204394. SCI Impact Factor = 3.476 (Web of Science).