Residential Coaching Academy
- To reinforce participation of marginalized section in governance.
- To ensure a level playing field for the Women, SCs, STs and Minorities.
- To enrich the capabilities so as to integrate them in the mainstream.
- To enable them to utilize their boundless potential as the future leaders.
1. The Residential Coaching Academy was established after merging it with the erstwhile Coaching & Guidance Centre through a notification of the Registrar, AMU in 2010, in accordance with the sanction of a scheme of the University Grants Commission entitled "Establishment of Residential Coaching Academy for Minorities/SC/ST and Women"
2. The Residential Coaching Academy conducts coaching programmes for students to enable them for entry into the Central and State Civil Services, Judicial Services and Banking Services etc. It maintains a Library which has the latest course material for the concerned competitive examinations. The Library has two reading halls for boys and one for girls. Students selected for the coaching programme through an All India Test reside in the Sherwani Hall. Girl students are accommodated in RCA Girl's Hostel.
3. The admissions to coaching courses and Library Membership are given through a National Level Entrance Test. The Academy selects 100 students for the regular Civil Services, 60 for Judicial Services and 50 for 'Super-50' Program' of Civil Services. About 100 students are given Library Membership based on entrance test. The main focus of the coaching programme is to prepare the students for the Civil Services and Judicial Services Examinations. The course module includes development of core competence, communication skills and personality development.
4. The UGC vide its letter D.O. No. F.56-1/2009(CU) dated 9th
September, 2009 conveyed the sanction of the UGC for establishment of
5. The UGC vide its letter No. F.56-1/2009(CU) dated 11th September, 2009 released the first instalment of grant amount to Rs. 664.39 lakhs. Thereafter, the UGC vide its letter No. F.56-1/2009 (CU) dated 27th October, 2015 sanctioned the second and final installment of said grant amounting to Rs. 654.89 lakhs, whereas amount is released only in April 2016.
6. This scheme of RCA was extended upto the end of XIIth Plan, i.e. 31.03.2017, vide UGC letter No. F. 56-1/2009 (CU) dated 9th September, 2013, without any financial commitment.
7. Out of this total (1st and 2nd installment) grant, 1050 lakhs were earmarked for construction of building and transit accommodation.
8. In addition, RCA received Rs. 2,73,000/- under the University Budgetary Provision this year.
9. The scheme is further extended upto 31.03.2018 vide UGC letter No. F.56-1/2009 (CU) dated Feb. 9, 2017 as per item-wise allocation contained in the letter of UGC dated 9th September 2009 and 9th September 2013.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS (New)
- Answer Keys of SSC-CGL Coaching Programme 2022-23.
- 4th List of Candidates selected for Hostel Accommodation under UPSC Civil Services Coaching Programme 2023.
- Admit Card of SSC CGL Coaching Programme 2023
- NET JRF COACHING
- Notification for Staff Selection Commission-Combined Graduate Level Examination 2022
- 2nd List of Candidates selected for Hostel Accommodation under UPSC Civil Services Coaching Programme 2023.
- Schedule of Classes for UPSC Civil Services Coaching 2023
- List of Candidates selected for Hostel Accommodation under Civil Services Coaching Programme 2023.
- Revised Notification for the Judicial Services Coaching Programme 2023
- Revised Notification for the SSC-CGL Coaching Programme 2023
- Admission Formalities are to be completed from 29.09.2022 to 03.10.2022 between 09:00 am to 04:00 pm (on all working days) and 08:00 am to 12:00 noon (on Friday).
- Final Civil Services Coaching Result 2023 (CWC list)
- Civil Services Coaching Result 2023 (UGC list)
- It has been brought to our notice that many applicants of the RCA Civil Services Entrance Test - 2023 from the Srinagar test centre couldn't appear in the test held on 7.08.2022 due to curfew (in Srinagar, U.T . of J&K) on account of Muharram. These applicants may re-appear in the RCA Civil Services Entrance Test scheduled to be held on 13.08.2022 from 10 am - 1 pm at RCA-AMU Main Building, Aligarh only. Such applicants are required to bring their admit cards on the day of the examination. Applicants are also required to send an email at email@example.com by 12.08.2022.
- Admit card of Civil services coaching test 2023 now available :
- Notification regarding the Entrance Test of Civil Services Coaching 2022-23.
- Advertisement for the Coaching of UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary-cum-Mains) - 2023.
- Download Admit cards for entrance tests of the Residential Coaching Academy for Civil Services, Judicial Services and SSC CGL Coaching Program 2021-22.
- Revised Advertisement for Free Coaching for SSC-CGL 2021-22.
- Advertisement for the post of two Assistant Professors (Contractual) in RCA.
- Interactive Session on "Judgement Writing" held on 26th July 2021 - Link to full video
- Felicitation Program of RCA held on 8th July 2021 - Video Coverage
Residential Coaching Academy, AMU is going to conduct Mock Interview Sessions for the candidates who have qualified the UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination - 2020. The Mock Interviews are also open for qualified candidates all across India. Interview sessions will start from 02.04.2021 (Friday) onwards and will be held in both offline and online mode. These sessions will be free of cost. The Interview Panel will consist of currently serving IAS/IPS officers, retired bureaucrats, and other experts. Interested candidates may send an email to join the interview program at firstname.lastname@example.org or may contact at 7906631262, 7895702533.
- THOSE WHO WISH TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM OF UGC-NET COACHING ONLINE MAY SUBMIT THE REGISTRATION FEE OF RS. 500/- IN AMU DEPOSIT ACCOUNT ACCOUNT (ACCOUNT NO. 10612177094; HEAD CODE: 4DE09770; BRANCH CODE: 005555; IFS CODE: SBIN0005555; SWIFT CODE: SBININBB221) AND SEND THE FILLED-IN APPLICATION FORM AND PROOF OF FEE SUBMISSION TO email@example.com
- Notification regarding Merit-cum-Means Freeship for 2020-21 session.
- Advertisement for the posts of Assistant Professors (Contractual) at RCA - 2021.
- Interaction with the aspirants of Civil Services.
- Advertisement for Free Coaching for UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary-cum-Main) 2021.
- Hostel Capacity of Residential Coaching Academy.
- Advertisement for the post of Assistant Professors (Contractual) at RCA - 2020.
- Advertisement for the Coaching of UGC-NET/JRF Exam (June 2020).
- 2nd List of selected candidates for admission to Judicial Services Coaching 2019-20
- 3rd List of candidates selected for admission to UPSC Civil Services Coaching 2020
- 3rd list of candidates selected for Hostel Accommodation in UPSC Civil Services Coaching 2020.
- List of candidates selected for Hostel Accommodation in Sherwani Hall / RCA Girls' Hostel under Judicial Services Coaching Programme 2019-20.
- 2nd List of candidates selected for UPSC Civil Services Coaching 2020 is declared, please see 'Results' for details.
- Result of Judicial Services Coaching 2019-20 is declared, please see 'Results' section for details.
- Admissions for SSC-CGL Coaching 2019-20 (2nd list) will now take place on 13th & 14th November 2019 from 10 am to 5 pm.
- 2nd list of candidates selected for SSC-CGL Coaching 2019-20.
- 2nd list of candidates selected for Hostel Accommodation in UPSC Civil Services Coaching 2020.
- Result of SSC-CGL Coaching 2019-20 is declared, please see 'Results' section for details.
- Advertisement for the Coaching of Judicial Services 2019-20.
- Decision regarding discrepancies in Answer Key of SSC-CGL Coaching Entrance Test 2019-20.
- List of candidates selected for Hostel Accommodation in UPSC Civil Services Coaching 2020 Male Candidates / Female Candidates.
- Advertisement for the post of Assistant Professors (Contractual) at RCA - 2019.
- To apply online for Free Coaching for UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary-cum-Main) 2020 Click Here.
- Advertisement for Free Coaching for UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary-cum-Main) 2020.
- Advertisement for the Post of Assistant Professor (Contractual) at RCA.
- Vice-Chancellor's Appeal to the Students of AMU (19.02.2019)
- Advertisement for the post of Assistant Professor (Contractual) in RCA.
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) team's Interactive Session with Faculty and Students, held at RCA on 16.03.2017. Go to links to view video recording. Video_1 / Video_2 / Video_3.
- For list of successful candidates in RCA Coaching Programs, kindly see the link "Results".
- For Schedule of Entrance Tests, kindly see the link "RCA Entrance Test".
- For lecture schedule of various coaching programs see the link "Time-Tables".
COACHING PROGRAMS AT RESIDENTIAL COACHING ACADEMY
1. General Studies and CSAT for Civil Services (PT & Mains): Based on entrance test (for details kindly see the link "RCA Entrance Test").
Pattern of Entrance Test: Based on Multiple-Choice questions on General Studies comprising of Indian History, Geography, Indian Polity, Current Events, Science & Technology and Reasoning (+2 Level). There shall also be a test of descriptive essay writing.
4. Crash course for NET/JRF - for the students of AMU of Arts & Humanities (Paper I).