Civil Engineering Section
PEO-I PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE: To impart proficiency in engineering knowledge and skills to analyze, design, build, maintain, retrofit and improve civil engineering based systems.
PEO-II SOCIO-ECONOMIC ASPECTS: To impart theoretical knowledge and practical skills to carry out technical investigations within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, societal, safety and sustainability.
PEO-III TECHNICAL COLLABORATION: To inculcate the ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams in finding out engineering solutions to the Civil Engineering related problems of the society.
PEO-IV SELF-LEARNING: To create interest to engage in life-long learning in areas of civil engineering and related fields.
PEO-V CONTRIBUTION TO SOCIETY: To educate the students in ethical & moral values and social responsibility to use engineering techniques and modern tools necessary for Civil Engineering practice to serve the society effectively.
After successful completion of the Diploma programme, the students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate the application of fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science and civil engineering to solve simple problems related to civil engineering works.
2. Plan, design, construct and maintain small civil engineering structures and buildings.
3. Supervise and manage civil engineering project's related activities/practices/resources effectively.
4. Plan and Schedule the various activities on construction site with correct sequence of work with an aim to achieve minimum time of completion of project.
5. Communicate effectively through verbal, written and graphical presentations to diverse personnel.
6. Well versed with the latest Survey Instruments with their operations and utilities.
7. Apply standard code of practices, by-laws, regulations, norms etc. for planning and designing of small civil engineering projects.
8. Exhibit effective team work and function as leader & members in multidisciplinary civil engineering projects.
9. Prepare material statements, abstract of cost of a proposed project, Tender documents etc.
10. Demonstrate necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes required to become an entrepreneur in civil engineering related business.
11. Apply modern techniques, productivity software /tools, and materials for civil engineering construction works.
12. Ensure quality materials and workmanship as per specifications and prevailing schedule of rates (SR).
After successful completion of the Advance Diploma in Food Technology programme, the students shall be able to:
1. Understand the chemical, physical and microbiological makeup of the food.
2. To be equipped with the fundamentals of food science and skills required for global career in food industry.
3. Work as Food Technology professionals in various positions of responsibility in public and private sectors such as:
Food Scientist and Process Engineer
Food Researcher and Project Manager
Food Production Manager
Food Packaging Manager
Quality Control Officer
Food Safety Auditor
Sensory Specialists and Research Technician