Stem cells/ Cancer stem cells, non-coding RNAs, Therapy resistance cancer and Transgenesis
207, Ibrahim Homes, Wadi-e-Ismail, Mafi, Dhorra, Aligarh, UP 202002
Resistance to therapy severely limits the effectiveness of chemotherapy drugs in treating cancer. For Advanced Cancer, the progression of tumors to the state of chemoresistance, the paucity of knowledge about the mechanism of chemoresistance, and the lack of therapeutic molecule/s are major stumbling blocks in the management and treatment of disease in cancer patients. Primary or acquired drug resistance remains a fundamental cause of therapeutic failure in cancer therapy. Ever since I started my research life, I have been trying to understand how different cells, genes, and proteins, might contribute to the initiation, progression, and Chemoresistance of cancer. Unraveling drug resistance mechanisms and the discovery of new therapeutic molecule/s are not only facilitating rational treatment strategies to overcome existing limitations in therapeutic efficacy but will enhance biomarker discovery and the development of companion diagnostics. My laboratory has been investigating the role of cancer stem cells, transcription factor/ stem cell factor, and non-coding RNA in the process of primary and acquired chemoresistance using different in vitro models, animal models, and human clinical samples. I have published my work in Journals like (Hepatology, Impact Factor (IF)-17.5; Nature Communications (IF-17.7), Seminars in Cancer Biology (IF-17.1), Coordination Chemistry Reviews, IF-24.9; Clinical Cancer Research, IF-13.8; Cancer Research, IF-13.3; International J of Cancer, IF-7.4, Stem Cells, IF-6.3, Chemosphere (IF-9.0), ACS Applied Nanomaterials, IF-6.2; Life Sciences, IF-6.8, etc.). My research work is supported by the UGC-AMU-ICT grant, UGC, ICMR, and DST-SERB. Young investigators who have a keen research interest in Cancer Research and are interested in joining my Research Group as PDF, UGC-Kothari Fellow, CSIR-RA/SRA, Woman Scientist, etc. are well come to contact at email@example.com.
Patent: A Polyherbal Unani Formulation Majoon Suranjan Effective Against Cancer Cells Alone as well As in Combination with Anticancer Drug Sorafenib.
Patent No. 404151
Application No. 202011007071.
Patentee: 1. Deepti Singh 2. Mohammad Afsar Khan 3. Dr. Hifzur Rahman Siddique
Google Scholar citations
h-index-24; i10 index-42; Total Citations: 2320
- Selected 20 Publications
1. Fatma H,…… Siddique HR. 2022. Epigenetic Modifications of MYC: Role in Cancer Cell Reprogramming, Progression and Chemoresistance. Seminars in Cancer Biology. 83: 166-176 PMID: 33220458. Impact Factor-17.1.
2. Khan MA, …., Siddique HR. 2022. Protective effect of Green Synthesized Selenium Nanoparticles Against Doxorubicin Induced Multiple Adverse Effects in Swiss Albino Mice. Life Sciences. 305: 120792. PMID: 35817167. Impact Factor-6.8.
3. Singh D, ……, Siddique HR. 2022. Apigenin in Cancer Prevention and Therapy: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Animal Models. Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology. 176: 10375.PMID: 35752426.Impact Factor-6.6.
4. Singh D, .., Siddique HR. 2022. Apigenin Alleviates Cancer Drug Sorafenib Induced Multiple Toxic Effects in Swiss Albino Mice via anti-oxidative stress. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology. 447: 116072.PMID:35613639Impact Factor- 4.5
5. Singh D, Khan MA, Siddique HR. 2022. Role of p53-miRNAs circuitry in immune surveillance and cancer development: A potential avenue for therapeutic intervention.