Counselling Psychology, Educational Psychology, Organization Psychology
209, Green Park Colony, Anoopshahr Road, Aligarh-202001
Dr.ShahAlam presently is working as Professor in Psychology (WC) in the department of Psychology. He obtained M.A, M.Phil., Ph.D. Degree in Psychology and also did Post Doctorate Fellowship (UGC) from A.M.U Aligarh. He did Post Graduate Diploma in E&VG from NCERT.Before joining AMU, he served CSWB, New Delhi as Family Counselor, Punjab Police Academy Phillaur, as faculty and worked as Student Counselor in Regional Institute of Education (NCERT), Ajmer.
After joining Aligarh as teaching faculty,he was appointed Programme Coordinator of Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance &Counseling at the Centre For Distance Education, AMU from 2006-2012.He designed the course contents,write lessons and edited reading materials. He has also held administrative responsibilities as OSD at AMU Center, Murshidabad and established Students’ Counseling Centre, AMU. He was entrusted as Coordinator of the Centre from 2013 to Nov 2017.
Presently Prof.Shah Alam acts as mentor of International PGD in Guidance and Counseling in Ajmer (NCERT,New Delhi), Academic Counselor in IGNOU and in -charge Counseling Centre Women’s College, AMU. He has supervised nine Ph.D. students and presentlysix research scholars are under his supervision. Three books on Counseling have been published and are recommended by many universities at PG and UG levels. He has developed and published psychological test on Emotional Abuse. Prof. Shah Alam has completed eight major research projects funded by UGC, ICSSR, BPR&D, New Delhi andSTRIDE COMPONENT-III proposal of UGC is under pipeline. More than fifty research papers and articles are to his credit. Prof Shah Alam has presented more than sixty research paper in National and International conference and many of his research scholars got Best Paper Award. He has been resource person and key note speaker in many conferences. He has attended conferences abroadincluding Malta, Canada,UK, Malaysia and Sri Lanka.He has delivered lectures in Orientation, Refresher Courses and Workshops.He has organized two workshops and chaired sessions in many national and international conferences.
Prof.Shah Alam received Best Book Award from Pondicherry in 2008,Calcutta University honored him with S.D. Memorial Gold Medal in 2008 in its convocation. He was received twice Cal Catterall Awards in Malta and Montreal,2009&2012 respectively, AMU awarded Certificate for Outstanding Merit in 2010,Awarded Best Citizen of India Gold Medal in 2015, Best Performance in the field of Counseling awarded in 2016 by Indian School Psychology Association and Excellence in Education Award,2019 by Chandigarh College of Education Landran (Mohali).
He is member of various Academic Organizations like IAAP,ISPA, InSPA and member of Board of Universities other than AMU, honorary advisor of private sectors and also member of Editorial Advisory Board of journals.
- Counseling: Are we Garnering a Misconstrued Concept in India ? Download PDF
- Emotional Abuse: Wiping out Mental Health of Adolescents Download PDF
- Manual for Emotional Abuse Scale Download PDF
- Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Psychological Well-being of Male Police Personnel Download PDF
- Emotional Intelligence: A Flaw of Robots Download PDF
- Role of Self-efficacy and Perceived Social Support in Building Resilience among Adolescents Download PDF
- Mental Health Issue among Police Officer Download PDF
- Self Concept in Relation to Achievement Motivation of High School Students Download PDF
- Academic Stress and Self-Concept of High School Students Download PDF
- Influence of Emotional Competence on Well-being among Adolescents Download PDF
- Emotional Abuse: Agony for Adolescents Download PDF
- Relationship between Stress and Adjustment of Adolescents Download PDF
- A Stdy of Self-Efficacy and Emotional Intelligence on Adjustment of Adolescents Download PDF
- Emotional Intelligence as a Predictor of Adjustment among Adolescents Download PDF