M.Sc. (Statistics), M.A. (Psychology), Ph.D. (Psychology)
Psycho-physiological Assessment, Statistics and Research Methodology, OB & HRM
H.No. 4/275 Firdaus Nagar, Qila Road - 2, Aligarh - 202001 (India)
Dr. Shah Mohd. Khan is a Professor in the Department of Psychology at Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), India, with experience in research for more than three decades. His academic career has been meritorious. He holds First Class Master's degree in Statistics and Psychology from AMU and obtained a Ph.D. degree in Psychology from the University of Lucknow, India. He was awarded a Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship in 1982–84 as an MSc student. He holds a Dip. in Computer Programming and many certificate courses in Computer higher languages.
Before joining AMU, Dr. Khan was an officer at the Research Designs and Standards Organization (the only R&D organization of the Indian Railways) and was posted in Lucknow, Kolkata, and Mumbai. He was responsible for the selection of safety staff for the Indian Railways through aptitude tests and research relating to human error in train operations.
Prof. Khan has 17+ years of teaching at UG/PG/PhD levels. He has been engaged with other departments of studies to teach PhD coursework. He was involved as a team member/project leader in the completion of 39 research projects on the Indian Railways. He has published two books. He has authored, co-authored 59 research papers in National and International journals. He has also developed, standardized, and published 25 aptitude tests/scales. He has so far successfully produced eight PhDs under his supervision; two have been submitted for evaluation, and four are currently in progress. He is a co-supervisor for a number of research scholars in the departments of Business administration, Physiology, and Home Sciences. 85 dissertations for the award of a Master's degree/PG Diploma have been completed under his supervision. He is a program counsellor for several courses at IGNOU and the Centre for Online Distance Education. A major research project was sanctioned in his favour by the ICSSR and another is in progress concerning to development of MOOCs on "Statistical Methods in Psychological Research- II" sanctioned by the UGC.
Prof. Khan has been consistently engaged in various academic activities as an organiser, keynote speaker, teacher-educator, editor, and author in a series of National and International seminars, conferences, and workshops. He has also organized several workshops for Industries/Organizations/Universities on online learning & teaching and Data Analytics. In addition, he has delivered lectures and talks in more than 100+ Research Methodology workshops sponsored by the ICSSR and allied Institutions/Universities in India.
Prof. Khan was a member of the University Ranking Committee (IQAC) for four years and is currently a member of the Innovation Council of the university. He is also a managing Editor and Member of the Editorial Board & Review Committee for 3 International Journals.
Prof. Khan has vast experience in developing & executing research proposals, data analysis, and the interpretation of results. His current areas of research are Psycho-physiological Assessment, Statistics, Research Methods, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Behaviour, and Human Resource Management.
- Development and Standardization of Academic Buoyancy Scale, Manas Psycho, New Delhi. 2020
- Mental Chronometry and Cognitive Efficiency through Discrimination Reaction Test for Acquired Reflexes – Case of Loco Pilots of Western Railway, International Journal of Social Sciences & Management, Vol. 2(2), PP 102-103. 2019. ISSN:2091-2986
- Impact of Resonate on Galvanic Skin Resistance: Biofeedback Approach. International Journal of Advance and Innovative Research. Volume 6, Issue 2 (X), 50-55. 2019. ISSN 2394 -7780. http://iaraedu.com
- Assessing Noise Sensitivity on Psycho-physiological Parameters. 2019, https://ssrn.com/author=3406916
- Quality of Work Life, Self-Efficacy, and Job Satisfaction as Predictors of Organizational Commitment among University Teachers. OPUS HR Journal, 9(1), 69-82. 2018. ISSN Number: 0973-9866.
- A Causal Paradigm of the Antecedents of Organizational Commitment – Case of Loco Pilots of Indian Railways, International Journal of Social Sciences & Management (IJSSM), Vol. 2(1), PP 102-107. 2015. ISSN: 2091-2986.
- Laterality and accident proneness: A study of locomotive drivers. Laterality: Asymmetries of Body, Brain, & Cognition, 11:5, 395-404. 2006. (Psychology Press, DOI: 10.1080/13576500500457458)
- Social Support Scale, National Psychological Corporation, Agra. ISBN: 978-93-85002-31-1 Download PDF
- Innovation Scale – Manas Psycho, New Delhi. 2018. Download PDF
- Psychological Resilience, Manas Psycho, New Delhi. 2018. Download PDF
- Psychological Capital Scale, Manas Psycho, New Delhi. 2018. Download PDF
- Prayer Scale. Prasad Psycho, New Delhi. 2018. Download PDF
- Consumer Preference Scale. APRC, Agra, 2018. Download PDF
- High Performance Work System Scale (HPWS) – Agra Psychological Research Cell (APRC) Agra. 2020.
- Shaping outcome of Need Satisfaction on Commitment – A case of Indian Railways, Pakistan Journal of Psychological Research (PJPR),Vol. 20, No.1-2, PP 25-39. 2005. ISSN: 1016-0664.
- Social integration and perceived emotional synchrony among devotees visiting mausoleum. Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR). October 2020, Volume 7, Issue 10, pp 526-532. ISSN-2349-5162, Impact Factor: 5.87
- Brief Overview of SPSS
- Tetrachoric Correlation
- Contingency Coefficient
- Relationship between Phi and Contingency Coefficient
- Comparison of Phi with Tetrachoric Correlation
- How to Install SPSS