M.Sc. (Statistics), M.A. (Psychology), Ph.D. (Psychology)
Psycho-physiological Assessment, Statistics and Research Methodology, OB & HRM
4/275 Firdaus Nagar, Qila Road - 2, Aligarh - 202002
Dr. Shah Mohd. Khan is a Professor in the Department of Psychology, Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), India. He did Masters in Statistics & Psychology from AMU and obtained Ph.D. Degree in Psychology from the University of Lucknow. Before joining the AMU, Dr. Khan was an officer at the Research Designs and Standards Organization (the only R&D organization of Indian Railways) and was posted in Lucknow, Kolkata, and Mumbai. He was responsible for the selection of safety staff for Indian Railways through aptitude tests and research relating to human error in train operations.
Prof. Khan has over thirty years of research experience in applied psychology and 10+ years in teaching at UG/ PG levels. He was associated as a team member in the completion of 39 research projects over the Indian Railways. He has published two books. He has authored, co-authored, and contributed 53 research papers in National and International Journals. He has also developed, standardized, and published 23 aptitude tests/scales. 6 PhDs under his supervision have been awarded, 2 submitted for evaluation, and 4 are in progress. 85 dissertations for the award of Master's degree/PG Diploma have been completed under his supervision. He is a program counsellor for several courses at IGNOU and the Centre for Online Distance Education.
Prof. Khan has been
consistently engaged in various academic activities as organizer,
keynote speaker, teacher-educator, and editor and author in series of
National and International seminars, conferences and workshops. He has
also organized several workshops for Industries/Organizations/Universities on
Online learning & teaching and Data Analytics. He is an invited speaker to
90+ Research Methodology workshops sponsored by ICSSR and allied
Institutions/Universities in India. Prof.
Khan is a member of the Innovation Council of the university. He is also a Managing Editor and Member of the Editorial Board & Review Committee for 3 International Journals.
Prof. Khan has vast experience in developing research methodology, data analysis using SPSS, SAS, Statistica, Stata, etc. software, and interpretation of results. In addition to this, his current areas of research are Psycho-physiological Assessment, Statistics, Research Methods, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Behaviour, and Human Resource Management.
- Development and Standardization of Academic Buoyancy Scale, Manas Psycho, New Delhi. 2020
- Mental Chronometry and Cognitive Efficiency through Discrimination Reaction Test for Acquired Reflexes – Case of Loco Pilots of Western Railway, International Journal of Social Sciences & Management, Vol. 2(2), PP 102-103. 2019. ISSN:2091-2986
- Impact of Resonate on Galvanic Skin Resistance: Biofeedback Approach. International Journal of Advance and Innovative Research. Volume 6, Issue 2 (X), 50-55. 2019. ISSN 2394 -7780. http://iaraedu.com
- Assessing Noise Sensitivity on Psycho-physiological Parameters. 2019, https://ssrn.com/author=3406916
- Quality of Work Life, Self-Efficacy, and Job Satisfaction as Predictors of Organizational Commitment among University Teachers. OPUS HR Journal, 9(1), 69-82. 2018. ISSN Number: 0973-9866.
- A Causal Paradigm of the Antecedents of Organizational Commitment – Case of Loco Pilots of Indian Railways, International Journal of Social Sciences & Management (IJSSM), Vol. 2(1), PP 102-107. 2015. ISSN: 2091-2986.
- Laterality and accident proneness: A study of locomotive drivers. Laterality: Asymmetries of Body, Brain, & Cognition, 11:5, 395-404. 2006. (Psychology Press, DOI: 10.1080/13576500500457458)
- Social Support Scale, National Psychological Corporation, Agra. ISBN: 978-93-85002-31-1 Download PDF
- Innovation Scale – Manas Psycho, New Delhi. 2018. Download PDF
- Psychological Resilience, Manas Psycho, New Delhi. 2018. Download PDF
- Psychological Capital Scale, Manas Psycho, New Delhi. 2018. Download PDF
- Prayer Scale. Prasad Psycho, New Delhi. 2018. Download PDF
- Consumer Preference Scale. APRC, Agra, 2018. Download PDF
- High Performance Work System Scale (HPWS) – Agra Psychological Research Cell (APRC) Agra. 2020.
- Shaping outcome of Need Satisfaction on Commitment – A case of Indian Railways, Pakistan Journal of Psychological Research (PJPR),Vol. 20, No.1-2, PP 25-39. 2005. ISSN: 1016-0664.
- Social integration and perceived emotional synchrony among devotees visiting mausoleum. Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR). October 2020, Volume 7, Issue 10, pp 526-532. ISSN-2349-5162, Impact Factor: 5.87