Assistant Professor (Contractual)
Migration, Religious Minorities
Department of Geography, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh-202002
Mashkoor Ahmad has obtained his Ph.D. in Population Studies from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, and is currently working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Geography, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. Previously he has worked as Associate Fellow at Indian Institute of Dalit Studies, New Delhi. He was awarded several fellowships including Junior Research Fellowship by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India; Sat Paul Mittal Fellowship by Indian Association of Parliamentarian on Population and Development, Research Fellowship by University Grants Commission, Government of India . He has also got German Govt’s Fellowship and was invited to work as Research Fellow at Centre of Economic Policy and International Economics, Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany. He has also worked in projects sponsored by IDRC, and University of London. His papers have been published in journals of national and international repute. His research interests include but not limited to migration, urbanisation, education, religious minorities and marginalised communities.
- Mashkoor Ahmad (2019). Emigration from Uttar Pradesh to the Middle East. in S. I. Rajan and P. Saxena (Eds.) India’s Low-Skilled Migration to Middle East: Policies, Politics and Challenges. Palgrave Macmillan, Singapore, PP. 319-338, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-9224-5_14
- Mashkoor Ahmad (2019). Gender based Socio-economic Inequalities and Women Health Conditions in Bijnor District, Uttar Pradesh. In A. Banerjee (ed.) Contemporary Health Issues in India: Challenges and Responses. Rajesh Publication, New Delhi, ISBN: 9788194186687
- Mashkoor Ahmad (2018). Access of Muslims to Education in Uttar Pradesh, India. Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs. Volume 38, No. 4, PP. 551-566, Taylor and Francis, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/13602004.2018.1542179 (London).
- Mashkoor Ahmad (2018). Characteristics of Urban Male Out-Migrants from Bijnor District, Uttar Pradesh. The Asian Man-An International Journal. Vol.12, No. 2, PP. 247-255, DOI: 10.5958/0975-6884.2018.00039.7 (Lucknow).
- Mashkoor Ahmad (2017). Pattern and Determinants of Urban Male Out-Migrants from Bijnor District, Uttar Pradesh. Journal of Identity and Migration Studies. Volume 11, number 2, pp.74-97 (Romania).
- Mashkoor Ahmad (2017). Progress of Reservation Policies in Employment in India. Working Paper, Indian Institute of Dalit Studies, New Delhi.
- Sukhadeo Thorat and Mashkoor Ahmad (2015). Minorities and Poverty: Why Some Minorities Are More Poor Than Others? Journal of Social Inclusion Studies. Vol. 1, No. 2, PP. 126-142, accessed through sage journals, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/2394481120150207 (New Delhi).