Department of Chemistry
Dr. Farhat Hasan Khan
|Designation :||Assistant Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Kinetics of Micelles Catalysed Reactions|
|Address :||Dept. of Chemistry|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Dr. Farhat Hasan Khan is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry, AMU in September 2015. He is serving the same department since 2005 as Guest Faculty. Prior to his joining in A.M.U., he has worked as Lecturer in Y.M.D. College, Nuh(Gurgaon) for two years(2003-2005). He was awarded Ph.D. on "Kinetics of Micelles Catalysed Reactions" under the supervision of Prof. Firoz Ahmad, Dept. of Chemistry, A.M.U, Aligarh. He has received his B.Sc. (Hons) degree in Chemistry (1989), M.Sc. degree in Chemistry (1991) and M. Phil. in Chemistry (1994) from Aligarh Muslim University. He has participated various conferences.
His research interest includes Kinetics of Micelles Catalysed Reactions involving SDS and CPC. His research works published in various international reputed journals.
1. Farhat. H. Khan and M. Alam," Kinetics and mechanism of micelle-catalysed oxidation of DL-alanine and glycine bychloramine-T", Asian J. Res. Chem., 2011, 4(3), 468.
2. F. Ahmad, R. Singh and Farhat. H. Khan, " Kinetics of micelle-catalysed oxidation of m-toluidine", Der Pharma Chemica, 2011, 3(1), 293.
3. F. Ahmad, M.A. Siddiqui, R. Singh and Farhat. H. Khan, "Effect of cationic surfactant on the kinetic of oxidation of propionaldehyde", Asian Journal of Chemistry, 2011, 23(10), 4245.
4. R. Singh, Farhat. H. Khan, M. Alam and F. Ahmad," Kinetics of oxidation of m-toluidine by sodium dichromate", Archives of applied Science Research, 2010, 2(6), 131.
5. Farhat. H. Khan and F. Ahmad," Micellar effect on two phase kinetics of oxidative degradation of lysine", Oxidation Communications, 2004, 27(4), 869.
6. Farhat. H. Khan and F. Ahmad, "The role of micelles on kinetics and mechanism of the decarboxylation of amino acid", Oxidation Communications, 2000,23(1), 285.