Department of Business Administration - Malappuram
Business Administration - Malappuram
Aligarh Muslim University has been at the forefront of Management Education in India. The department works under the umbrella of the Faculty management Studies and Research (FMSR), The Department of Business Administration, AMU Centre Malappuram was started on 28.02.2011. In 2011, the department has introduced full time Master of Business Administration (MBA) course with an annual intake of 60 students. Since then the program has received an overwhelming response.
A wide range of elective papers/courses are offered under different area of specializations such as marketing, finance, operations& information and human resource. The Industry Internship at the end of second semester offers an opportunity to students to apply their knowledge and skills, refine their skills, gain confidence, reassess their career goals and above all moulds their outlook for a new professional world.
To be a leading institution imparting value-laden cutting edge management education
To provide holistic learning for developing innovative and ethical leaders who create value for business and society
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs): Masters Programs
1. Subject knowledge
• To provide knowledge and information across functional areas of management in order to evaluate varied business scenarios.
2. Managerial skills
• To develop managerial expertise including analytical ability, problem solving and decision-making, innovative thinking, opportunity-seeking, communication and soft skills, team work, leadership, and entrepreneurial aptitude.
3. Experiential learning
• To develop insights into the real-world business problems through learning by doing or practical hands-on experience by way of case-studies, live projects, Industry visits and internships, and dissertation.
4. Social, ethical and environmental values
• To inculcate a sense of responsibility towards the society and environment and become ethical, law-abiding business leaders.
Program Outcomes: Masters Programs
• Apply knowledge gained in core and emerging areas for integrative business solutions
• To apply concepts, tools and techniques for decision making in functional areas
• To filter business decisions based on ethical and socially responsive perspective