Residential Coaching Academy
RESIDENTIAL COACHING ACADEMY
1. The Residential Coaching Academy was established after merging it with the erstwhile Coaching & Guidance Centre through a notification of the Registrar, AMU in 2010, in accordance with the sanction of a scheme of the University Grants Commission entitled "Establishment of Residential Coaching Academy for Minorities/SC/ST and Women"
2. The Residential Coaching Academy conducts coaching programmes for students to enable them for entry into the Central and State Civil Services, Judicial Services and Banking Services etc. It maintains a Library which has the latest course material for the concerned competitive examinations. The Library has two reading halls for boys and one for girls. Students selected for the coaching programme through an All India Test reside in the Sherwani Hall. Girl students are accommodated in RCA Girl's Hostel.
3. The admissions to coaching courses and Library Membership are given through a National Level Entrance Test. The Academy selects 100 students for the regular Civil Services, 60 for Judicial Services and 50 for 'Super-50' Program' of Civil Services. About 100 students are given Library Membership based on entrance test. The main focus of the coaching programme is to prepare the students for the Civil Services and Judicial Services Examinations. The course module includes development of core competence, communication skills and personality development.
4. The UGC vide its letter D.O. No. F.56-1/2009(CU) dated 9th
September, 2009 conveyed the sanction of the UGC for establishment of
5. The UGC vide its letter No. F.56-1/2009(CU) dated 11th September, 2009 released the first instalment of grant amount to Rs. 664.39 lakhs. Thereafter, the UGC vide its letter No. F.56-1/2009 (CU) dated 27th October, 2015 sanctioned the second and final installment of said grant amounting to Rs. 654.89 lakhs, whereas amount is released only in April 2016.
6. This scheme of RCA was extended upto the end of XIIth Plan, i.e. 31.03.2017, vide UGC letter No. F. 56-1/2009 (CU) dated 9th September, 2013, without any financial commitment.
7. Out of this total (1st and 2nd installment) grant, 1050 lakhs were earmarked for construction of building and transit accommodation.
8. In addition, RCA received Rs. 2,73,000/- under the University Budgetary Provision this year.
9. The scheme is further extended upto 31.03.2018 vide UGC letter No. F.56-1/2009 (CU) dated Feb. 9, 2017 as per item-wise allocation contained in the letter of UGC dated 9th September 2009 and 9th September 2013.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS (New)
- Last date for submission of applications forms for Judicial Services / SSC-CGL/BPO Coaching is extended to 25.09.2018 (Tuesday).
- See 'Notices & Circulars' for details of the Coaching of SSC-CGL/BPO & Judicial Services 2019.
- Link to download Admit Card for Entrance Test for Civil Services Coaching 2019.
- Due to Prelim Exam of Jammu & Kashmir Civil Services, the date of RCA Entrance Test for Civil Services Coaching 2019 is rescheduled to 08.09.2018 (Saturday) from 02:30 to 05:30 pm. For details please see 'Notices & Circulars'.
- Advertisement for Free Coaching for UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary-cum-Main) 2019
- Registration Open for Online Classes of IES/GATE, for details please see "Notices & Circulars".
- Crash Course for UGC-NET/JRF Exam (July 2018) will start from 19.02.2018, for more details please see "Notices & Circulars".
- Third List of candidates selected for accommodation in Sherwani Hall.
- Third List of Candidates Selected for SSC-CGL/BPO Coaching is declared, please see 'Results' for details.
- Classes for SSC-CGL/BPO Coaching 2017 will start from 27.11.2017, see 'Time Tables' for details.
- Third List of Candidates Selected for Civil Services Coaching is declared, please see 'Results' for details.
- Second List of Candidates Selected for Civil / Judicial Services is declared, please see 'Results' for details.
- Second List of Civil Services / Judicial Services candidates selected for accommodation in Sherwani Hall.
- List of Selected Candidates for Library Membership upto August 2018 is declared. See 'Results' for details.
- Advertisement for the post of Assistant Professor (Contractual) in RCA.
- List of Selected / Wait-listed Candidates for SSC-CGL/BPO Coaching 2017-18 is declared, please see 'Results' for details.
- List of Selected / Wait-listed Candidates for Judicial Services Coaching 2017-18 is declared, please see 'Results' for details.
- List of candidates selected for accommodation in Sherwani Hall / RCA Girls Hostel.
- List of selected/wait-listed candidates for Civil Services Coaching 2017-18 is declared, please see 'Results' for details.
- Answer key of SSC-CGL/BPO Entrance Test has been uploaded under the link "Answer Key".
- Roll No. wise list of candidates appearing in the entrance test of SSC-CGL/BPO 2017-18.
- List of candidates shortlisted for Interview for Civil Services Coaching 2017-18 based on written & objective test is declared, please see 'Results' for details.
- Entrance Test for SSC-CGL / BPO to be held on 27.09.2017 is rescheduled, it will now be held on 12.10.2017 from 3 pm to 5 pm.
- Special Classes for English Phonetics will start from Sept. 18, 2017 on every Monday & Thursday from 3 to 4:30 pm.
- Commencement of Coaching Classes for CSIR-UGC-JRF/NET (Chemical, Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences) have been deferred till 18-9-2017.
- Answer key of Civil Services Entrance Test has been uploaded under the link "Answer Key".
- Roll No. wise list of Candidates appearing in the entrance exam of Civil Services Coaching 2017-18.
- Notice regarding cancellation of Mock Interview on 09.09.2017.
- Notice regarding Exam Centre for Civil Services Coaching 2017-18.
- List of Candidates NOT ELIGIBLE for the entrance exam of Civil services Coaching 2017-18
- Schedule and Venue of Entrance Test for Civil Services Coaching - 2017-18.
- Applications are invited for SSC-CGLE/Bank PO Coaching 2018
- Applications are invited for Judicial Services Coaching - 2018
- Application are invited for CSIR/UGC - JRF/NET Coaching Program December 2017.
- Application are invited for UGC-NET/JRF (Paper I) Coaching - November 2017.
- Applications are invited for Civil Services (Prelims & Mains) Coaching for the year 2018.
- Advertisement for Civil Services (Mains) Examination Coaching 2017.
- Tentative schedule of G.S. (Mains) & Essay Test Series for Civil Services Coaching Program 2016-17.
- List of Successful Candidates (2016-17).
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) team's Interactive Session with Faculty and Students, held at RCA on 16.03.2017. Go to links to view video recording. Video_1 / Video_2 / Video_3.
- Coaching Classes for CSIR-UGC-JRF (Life Sciences) have started from 9-3-2017. Kindly see updated schedule in Time Table section.
- For list of successful candidates in RCA Coaching Programs, kindly see the link "Results".
- For Schedule of Entrance Tests, kindly see the link "RCA Entrance Test".
- Ms. Scheherzade Alim shall engage English Phonetics on Wednesday & Saturday and Law classes (Jurisprudence & various Acts) on Monday during 3 - 4.30 pm except on public holidays.
- For lecture schedule of various coaching programs see the link "Time-Tables".
COACHING PROGRAMS AT RESIDENTIAL COACHING ACADEMY
1. GATE Classes for AMU students: The Satellite Classes for GATE-17 from "Engineers Zone, New Delhi".
2. General Studies and CSAT for Civil Services (PT & Mains): Based on entrance test which is to be held on 8th September 2018 (for details kindly see the link "RCA Entrance Test").
Pattern of Entrance Test: Based on Multiple-Choice questions on General Studies comprising of Indian History, Geography, Indian Polity, Current Events, Science & Technology and Reasoning (+2 Level). There shall also be a test of descriptive essay writing.
5. NET coaching for the students of AMU for Science & Life Sciences.
6. Crash course for NET/JRF - for the students of AMU of Arts & Humanities (Paper I).
7. Classes in English Phonetics, Jurisprudence and various acts like Evidence Act, Transfer of Property Act, Contract Act etc. for AMU students: By our Guest Faculty at RCA Mrs. Scheherzade Alim, M.A. (Hons) Oxon, Barister-at-Law.