We are happy and proud to announce that the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology , JNMC, AMU, Aligarh is celebrating the 50th year of its establishment.
The department was established in 1964 under the able leadership of Prof S Moshin as the HOD. The department started with its office in a building in the main University Campus while the clinical work and teaching were carried out at the Lady Dufferin Hospital (now Mohan Lal Gautam Hospital) in the centre of the Aligarh city. The Department was shifted to its present location in 1970.
We would like to acknowledge the invaluable contributions of Prof S Mohsin, Dr R Rizvi, Prof K Saxena, Prof K Tiwari, Prof Z Arshad and Prof R Sharma at different stages of development.
The department of OBG strives to be a regional leader in training healthcare professionals competent to provide medical care of international standards but in a regional context, and in alignment with our national goals.
We strive to nurture an academic and patient care environment conducive to acquiring and imparting high-quality education, conducting innovative scientific research and providing promotive, preventive and curative community services in an empathetic, humanistic and ethical manner.
1. We, at the dept of OBG, JNMC reiterate our commitment to achieve a reduction in maternal mortality in alignment with the national goals.
2. Our department therefore strives to be a centre of excellence for providing care to patients and training to healthcare workers for EMoC.
3. We realise the importance of family planning services in reducing MMR and improving the quality of life and hence offer round the clock services and training for the same.
4. We focus on preventive healthcare services specially in the field of antenatal care and oncology through designing and executing not only institution based but also population based outreach programmes specially for the socially and economically disadvantaged class.
5. We recognise the importance of embracing technological advancements for providing state of the art patient care and teaching-learning activities and adopt and promote use of the same.
6. We promise a safe and clean institutional delivery in a comfortable and friendly environment.
Our Motto: We Deliver!
Presently we have 159 beds, four well equipped operation theatres out of which one is dedicated for endoscopic procedures, a two bedded high dependency unit, a receiving room with triaging area with pre-labour and high risk pregnancy room, a well equipped Labour room and seperate obstetric and gynecology wards.
Patient Care Statistics
We maintain a strict and meticulous record of all patient care related data and periodically review and audit the same and provide inputs to the national data bases for reflection and future planning. We are proud to announce that our statistics show consistent improvement which reflects well on the quality of care we provide.
our OPD Attendance was around 30,000 and deliveries conducted were 4337 in 2013.
Facities/ Services provided:
we have the following facilities
Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy
Intra Uterine Insemination
Ultrasonography with TVS probe
The servives we provide for patient care and training include:
Antenatal and Post natal care to normal and high risk pregnancies
Major and minor obstetric and gynecological surgery
Laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery
Oncology screening and management
Infertility management and IUI
Family planning services