The Faculty of Agricultural Sciences in Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh has emerged out of the erstwhile Rafi Ahmad Kidwai Institute of Agricultural Sciences which was earlier established in 1993 during VIII Plan with approval and financial support from ICAR. At present the Faculty comprises of five departments namely:
1. Department of Agricultural Economics & Business Management
2. Department of Post Harvest Engineering & Technology
3. Department of Agricultural Microbiology
4. Department of Plant Protection
5. Department of Home Science
The Ph. D. and PG courses are run separately by each of these five departments and UG course is run only by the Department of Home Science.