The need for skill and vocational courses was emphasised from time to time in the country.
The Community College was established in 2014 as a part of Aligarh Muslim University for catering to technical and vocational courses. Currently following courses are running with a batch of 50 students at different levels-
- B.Voc/M.Voc in Production Technology
- B.Voc/M.Voc in Polymer and Coating Technology
- B.Voc/M.Voc in Fashion and Garment Technology
- Diploma in Computerised Shoe Design and Development
- Newly constructed main building with state of the art facilities
- 3 lecture theatres including two smart classrooms
- A Facility Building with 10 more class rooms
- One undergraduate laboratory (with capacity of 150 students) and five Post-graduate laboratories
- Computer Lab with ICT Facility
- 16 Research Laboratories and 3 Instrumentation Laboratories
- Supported by SAP, DRS I & II, FIST, PURSE schemes of the UGC and DST
Most of the Students who have completed courses at the Community College have got jobs in various parts of the Country and abroad in private and government sector.
National Skilled Qualification Framework
Vocational Courses At Nsqf Levels
Intake Qualification- 10+2.
Level 5, Diploma Level
Level 6, Advance Diploma Level
Level 7, B. Voc. Degree Level
Level 8, B. Voc. (Hons.) Degree Level
Level 9, M. Voc. Degree Level
Exit at any level after completing its requisites.
1. Production Technology
Diploma In Production Technology
Advance Diploma In Production Technology
B. Voc. Degree In Production Technology
B. Voc. (Hons.) Degree In Production Technology
M. Voc. Degree In Production Technology
2. Fashion Design & Garment Technology
Diploma In Fashion Design & Garment Technology
Advance Diploma In Fashion Design & Garment Technology
B. Voc. Degree In Fashion Design & Garment Technology
B. Voc. (Hons.) Degree In Fashion Design & Garment Technology
M. Voc. Degree In Fashion Design & Garment Technology
3. Polymer & Coating Technology
Diploma In Polymer & Coating Technology
Advance Diploma In Polymer & Coating Technology
B. Voc. Degree In Polymer & Coating Technology
B. Voc. (Hons.) Degree In Polymer & Coating Technology
M. Voc. Degree In Polymer & Coating Technology
4. Computerized Shoe Design & Development
Diploma In Computerized Shoe Design & Development
Community College- A part of DDU Kaushal Kendra
- Create skilled manpower for industry requirements at various levels. The scheme provides for vertical mobility from short term certificate courses to full-fledged post graduate degree programme, shall also include courses which are offered under the Community College Scheme and B.Voc. degree programme of UGC.
- Formulate courses at postgraduate level keeping in mind the need of i) Industry in specialized areas; ii) Instructional design, curriculum design and contents in the areas of Skills Development; iii) Pedagogy, assessment for skills development education and training; iv) Qualified faculty in the areas of skill development; and v) Entrepreneurship; etc.
- Work for coordination between the higher education system and industry to become a Centre of Excellence for skill development in specialized areas.
- Network with other such centres and universities and colleges imparting vocational education under the scheme of Community Colleges and B. Voc degree programme in their region and coordinate with them for targeted development of skill oriented education.
- To find the areas related to skill education & development , entrepreneurship, employability, labour market trends etc. at the post-graduate and research level.
- Provide for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) framework for job roles at NSQF Level 5 onwards by conducting assessment and certification with respective Sector Skill Councils (SSCs)/ Directorate General of Employment and Training (DGET)/Partner Industry
- Maintain 'Labour Market Information' for respective regions in coordination with other government agencies and industry associations.
- Develop and aggregate curriculum, content and learning materials for skills development in different sectors.
Events and Workshops Organised-
One day Workshop on Fostering Internet for Women's Emplowerment- 2nd May 2019By The Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)Chief Guest: Prof. Mrs. Farukh Anjumand, Department of ChemistryGuest of Honour: Dr Mrs Faiza Abbasi, Assistant Director, ASC AMU.
Two day Workshop on Fashion Designing, Business and Garment Technology (FDBGT-2016) 30th April - 1st May, 2016
Chief Guest: Dr. J.D. Bakshi, former Director of apparel export promotion council, New Delhi, was the Chief guest.
Guest of Honors: Dr. J.S. Saini, Dean, extension services and consultancy, NITTTR Chandigarh, was the Guest of honor
More than 100 participants from different corners of India attended this workshop.
Workshop on "Revolutionary 3D Object Printing" in Association with Proxbotics Creation Technologies, Jaipur, 19th & 20th November, 2016.
71 Participant from different Courses of India participated for this Workshop.
Awards to students-
Out of 75, 25 students of B. Voc. are awarded with "Smt. Urmila Mittal Memorial Trust Scholarship" for the session 2016-17.
UGC Scholarship is awarded to deserving candidates enrolled in Computerized Shoe Design & Development, every year of 10 thousand rupees
About Aligarh Muslim University-
The university now has 12 faculties comprising 98 teaching departments, 3 academies and 15 centres and institution. University offers more than 300 courses in the traditional and modern branches of edu- cation. It draws students from all states in India and from different countries, especially Africa, West Asia and Southeast Asia. There are 19 halls of residence for students with 80 hostels.
In some courses, seats are reserved for students from SAARC and Commonwealth Countries. The uni- versity keeps pace with the nations growth by offering facilities for specialized learning in areas of technical, vocational and inter- disciplinary studies. It has more than 28,000, students, 1,342 teachers and some 5,610 non-teaching staff on its rolls.
The university has opened two new centres of study outside Aligarh w.e.f. 2011 at Murshidabad, West Bengal and Mallapurum at Kerala state. Games and sports have been a distinctive feature of the AMU. The Cricket, football, hockey, Tennis, Basketball, Skating and Horse Riding teams have excelled at the inter-University level. Perhaps this is the only university with a Horse Riding Club.
The General Education centre is the nucleus of most of the extra-curricular activities and caters to the cultural environment. This centre organises these activities through its various clubs viz., the AMU Drama Club, The Hindustani and Western Music Club, the Literary Club,Eco-Club and the Hobbies Workshop etc.
The university grew out of the work of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, the great Muslim reformer and states- man, who in the aftermath of the Indian War of Independence of 1857 felt that it was important for Muslims to gain education and become involved in the public life and government services in India. Raja Jai Kishan helped Sir Syed in establishing the university.
The intense desire to ameliorate the social conditions of Indian Muslims led Sir Syed to publish the periodical, 'Tehzibul Akhlaq' .
In 1877, Sir Syed founded the Muhammadan Anglo Oriental College in Aligarh and patterned the college after Oxford and Cambridge universities.
His objective was to build a college in tune with the British education system but without compromising its Islamic values. It was one of the first purely residential educational institutions set up either by the government or the public in India. When viceroy to India Lord Curzon visited the college in 1901, he praised the work which was carried on and called it of "sovereign importance".
The college was originally affiliated with the University of Calcutta and subsequently got affiliated with the university of Allahabad in 1885. By 1920 the college was transformed into the Aligarh Muslim University.