· Develop the teaching abilities and capabilities of in-service Urdu Teachers / Urdu Medium teachers.
· Increase teaching efficiency of in-service Urdu Teachers / Urdu Medium Teachers.
· Improve the power of communication (Oral and Written) in Urdu of Urdu Medium Teachers.
· Make available teaching aids and means to in-service Urdu / Urdu Medium Teachers.
· Provide help-books, handbooks, Urdu style manual reference books and other teaching and reading materials as per the requirements of the teachers i.e. school syllabus - keeping in view the changes and different situations at different levels.
· Make efforts for the maintenance of proficiency of in-service teachers.
· Conduct short-term training programmes such as Orientation Course, Refresher Course.
· Pronunciation Course and other relevant courses for in-service Urdu Teachers / Urdu Medium teachers.
· Enrich the level of mastery in language teaching.
· Update the knowledge and upgrading.
· Help and assist the government of concerned states in preparing mother tongue as well as second and third language syllabus, textbooks, teaching materials and training programme for Urdu teachers / Urdu Medium Teachers.
· Prepare suitable and interesting teaching material in all the Medias such as Print and Audio-Visual etc. for the teaching of Urdu Language and Literature and other subjects.
· Provide extension and consultancy services to teachers involved in Urdu teaching and other subjects teaching through Urdu Medium in different levels and situations.
· Arrange motivation programmes for in-service Urdu teachers as well as Urdu learners for developing their interest in Urdu Language, Literature and Culture.
· Provide solutions / answers / information etc. of any enquired question related to Urdu Teaching and Urdu Medium Teaching by the teachers concerned as well as other people interested in Urdu learning and teaching.
Ø Motivate Urdu Medium teachers for their professional development.
Ø Keep teachers abreast of the latest developments and innovation in the field of education.
Ø Offer incentives and facilities to attract teachers of Orientation and Refresher Courses.
Ø Provide a common platform for cross-fertilization of ideas, observations and practical experiences of Urdu Medium teachers.
Ø Offer Orientation Programmes for office-bearers and inspecting staff of Urdu Medium Schools to send their teachers for participating in such programmes and also to enhance the performance of the supervisory staff.
Ø Encourage the best Schools / Madrasas by providing Accreditation Certificates and awards, etc.
Ø Prepare supplementary instructional materials for Radio and TV programmes.
Ø Prepare question banks in different subjects.
Ø Prepare model common question papers for monthly, quarterly and half-yearly home examinations of Urdu Medium Schools.
Ø Provide guidance in the establishment of model libraries in Urdu Medium Schools and to inculcate reading habits among the teachers.
Ø Liaise with Urdu academies, SCERT and NCERT, New Delhi to fulfil the objectives of the centre.
Ø Create an awareness of innovative education technology, computer education and e-learning in Urdu Medium Schools.