Department of Periodontics and Community Dentistry
Thrust Area of the Department
* Studies of the association of periodontal disease with systemic diseases, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, stroke, osteoporosis, and respiratory infection
* Studies of the use of growth factors including PDGF and bFGF to regenerate periodontal ligament, cementum, and bone around periodontally diseased teeth, and to regenerate bone around implants and in surgical defects
* Study of PRP and PRF in periodontal regeneration.
* Genome-wide association studies of periodontal disease
* Studies of salivary and serum biomarkers of disease.
* Study of correlation between psychological and nutritional status with periodontal disease
* Assessment of anxiety level of Patients suffering from periodontal diseases.