Department of Geology
Seminar/Conference/Workshop of the Department
Lecture by Dr. Mirza Arshad Beg of Universiti Tecnologi Petronas, Malaysia delivered lectures on : 1. Reservoir Characterization and Modelling and (2) Field Development Plan on March 12, 2019 in the Dept of Geology.
Organized interaction meeting with Mr. Mohd Rizwan, alumnus and presently working as Geologist, ONGC Mumbai on March 03, 2019 at 10:00AM in the Department of Geology
A lecture series under DRS II Programme held from Mar 23 to 30, 2017
A Workshop on Landslide Susceptibility mapping organised by the Department of Geology, Aligarh Muslim University on Aug 11, 2017
International Conference on REMOTE SENSING AND GIS FOR APPLICATIONS IN GEOSCIENCES held on Aug 12, 2017.
Post Conference Workshop on Structures from Motion (SfM) organized by the Department of Geology, Aligarh Muslim University held on Aug 13, 2017.
National Conference on DIAMOND AND OTHER GEMSTONES on OCT 26-27, 2017
Swachta Pakhwada from Sept 1-15, 2017
Orientation programme for fresh UG and PG students on Sept. 16, 2017
Interaction Meeting with Mr. Harbans Singh, Ex-Director General of Geological Survey of India (GSI), Govt of India held on Sept 19, 2017.
Lecture by Professor Syed. E. Hasan on Medical Geology held on Sept 22, 2017.
Initiatives under SWACHTA HI SEVA campaign held from Sept 15 - Oct 02, 2017.
1. National Seminar on RECENT ADVANCES AND CHALLENGES IN GEOCHEMISTRY, ENVIRONMENTAL AND SEDIMENTARY GEOLOGY on February 27, 2017.
2. Workshop on Petroleum Exploration on February 26, 2017.
3. National Science Day Celebration on February 28, 2017.
4. Poster Competition on "Science and Technology for Specially Abled person" on February 28, 2017.
5. Alumni meet on October 15, 2016. Interaction meeting with Mr. Rizwan Ahmad, Alumnus, Chairman and Managing Director of Oren Hydrocarbons.
6. Swachhta Abhiyan on September 08, 2016.
1. Conducted 9th satellite based distance programme on Basics of Remote sensing, GIS and GPS in collaboration with IIRS, ISRO, Govt of India from Agu 06to Oct 17, 2012.
2. Conducted 10th Out reach programme on "Geoweb Services-Technology & Applications" from Feb 10, March 15, 2013 in collaboration with IIRS, ISRO, Govt of India.
A One day Regional Workshop was organized by the Department of Geology entitled "Water Conservation and techniques to augment the ground water and its impact on Environment" held on 5th June, 2010.
1.A Lecture was delivered by Mr. P. Kawishwar, Senior resouce Scientist, CST, Chattisgarh on "Hyperspectral Remotesensing trends and Applications" on July 30, 2012.
2.A lecture was delivered by Dr. Hismi jamil Husain, environmental Superintendent, M/S Rio Tinto on " Mine Closure and rehabilitation" on feb 23, 2013.
3. A lecture was delivered by Dr. rajesh Sharma, Scientist F, Wadia Instiute of himalayan Geology, Dehra Dun on " Practicing Fluid inclusions microthermometry and raman Spectroscopy for Geological diversities" on April 16, 2013.
Organized a Nation al Seminar onEmerging Issues and Challenges in Petrology and Environmental Geology during March 05-07, 2013