Department of Chemical Engineering
Seminar/Conference/Workshop of the Department
Seminar/Symposia/Workshop/Refresher Courses Organised
1. One Day National Workshop on ‚??Modelling & Simulation in Chemical Engineering & Allied Fields‚??, organized on October 27, (2018). The eminent speakers Dr. Jaswinder Singh (Head Biofuels Division, IIP, and Dehradun), Dr. Ashwini Sood HBTU and Dr. Ali Haider (Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT-Delhi,) delivered talk on the subject.
2. One day Workshop on ‚??Curriculum Development for B. Tech. & M. Tech. (Chemical Engineering)" organized on October 6, 2016. Prof Bikash Mohanty IIT Rookie, Prof V K Ratan Vice-Chancellor Palwarha University and Er. DD Maheshwari (Vice President at Jubilant Organosys Ltd, New Delhi)
3. SAChES (Society of Aligarh Chemical Engineering Students) organized a one day workshop on PDMS and PDS for students on 08.02.16.
4. National Workshop on Introduction to Molecular Modelling using WINGAMESS organised on April 29, 2015 Professor V. G. Gaikar, FNAE, FMASC Bharat Petroleum Professor of Chemical Engineering Department of Chemical Engineering ,Institute of Chemical Technology, Dr. (Ms.) Rupa S. Madyal Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, S. I. W. S. College of Science, Wadala, Mumbai were the resource person.
5. Training Program on MATLAB, Department of Chemical Engg.8th-21st Nov ,2013
6. National Workshops on Advances in Bioprocess Engineering, organized on October 13, 2014. Resource Person were Prof. C. B. Majumdar, Chem. Engg. Deptt. IIT, Rookie (Environmental Biotechnology) Prof. Asad U Khan, Coordinator, Int. Biotechnology Unit, Amu, Aligarh (Medical Biotechnology) Prof. S. K .Srivastava, School of Bio-Chemicals, IIT BHU, Varanasi (Bio-Chemicals.) Mr. Brajesh Singh, Head of Bio-Chemicals Engg. & Food Technology, HBTI, Kanpur (Bio Fuels)
7. Training Program on Steady State Simulation on ASPEN PLUS, Department of Chemical Engg. in collaboration with the Department of Petroleum Studies, 8-10 October,2013
8. Five days‚?? workshop on "MATLAB" was organized for the B. Tech. and M. Tech. students from 20th September to 24th September, 2013.
9. A two days National Workshop on 'Process Modeling and Simulation' was organized on Modelling of Chemical Processes on 23-24 March, 2013. The workshop was addressed by Prof. B. Mohanty (Key note Speaker), Prof. V. K. Srivastava, Ex-Dean,I.I.T.Delhi, Prof. B.Pitchu Mani, Prof. B. V .Babu, Director, JK Lakshmi, University, Jaipur, Dr.Vineet Kumar, IIT Roorkee.
10. One day National Symposium on 'Nanotechnology for Chemical Application', was held jointly by the Department of Chemical Engg. and Centre of Excellence in material Sciences (Nano Materials) Department of Applied Physics, on February 27, 2013 Prof. Manes from Germany, deliverd key note lecture Prof. Mahavir Singh from Himanchal University, Dr. Singh from DRDO, New Delhi were other resource persons
11. ‚??Refresher Course on Advances in Chemical Engineering‚??, Academic Staff College, A.M.U., Aligarh, Jan. 22-Feb. 12, 2002
SAChES organized a one day workshop on PDMS and PDS on 08.02.16.
Student Chapter of AICHE, IICHE and AIHE is established for session 2015-2016.
‚?Ę Conference/Seminar/Workshop/Training Programs organized by the Department
(i) Department organised a five days workshop on "MATLAB" for the B. Tech. and M. Tech. students from 20th September to 24th September, 2013 under TEQIP II.
(ii) Department organised a three days training program on "ASPEN PLUS" for the faculty members from October 8-10, 2013 under TEQIP II.
(iii) Department organized a two weeks Training Program/ Refresher Course on MATLAB in collaboration with the Department of Petroleum Studies, AMU, Aligarh under TEQIP II from Nov. 08-21, 2013.
(iv) Dr. K. K. Singh, Scientific Officer F, Chemical Engineering Division BARC, Powai, Maharashtra delivered an expert lecture organised by the Department under the TEQIP II scheme on the Topic ‚??Computational and Experimental Studies on Liquid-liquid Extraction Equipment‚?? on 9th November, 2013.
(iv) Mr. Abdul Rub, Dy. General Manager at KRIBHCO SHYAM FERTILIZERS LTD. Shahjahanpur, UP delivered an expert lecture organised by the Department under the TEQIP II scheme on the Topic ‚??An Overview of a Fertilizer Plant‚?? on 3rd March, 2014.
(v) Prof. V. K. Rattan, UICET, Punjab University, Chandigarh, delivered an expert lecture organised by the Department under the TEQIP II scheme on the Topic ‚??Non-Conventional Low-Cost Adsorbents for Removal of Metal ions from Industrial Effluents‚?? on 31st March, 2014.
A WORKSHOP WAS HELD on 13.10.2014 on Advances in Bioprocess Engineering & Technology (ABET-2014). It was organised by Prof. Sattar Husain, Chairman of Chem. Engg. department which was sponsored by TEQIP-II. The faculty and students from various departments partcipated. The speakers were invited from IIT, ROORKEE, IIT,BHU, HBTI,KANPUR & INTDISP. BIOTECHNOLOGY UNIT, ALIGARH
Aone day National Workshop was organised on ADVANCES IN BIOPROCESS ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY on 13.10.2014. It was inaugrated by Prof. Mohibbullah, the Dean, Faculty of Engg. and Technology, and witnessed as guest of Honour by Principal , Prof. Sher Afghan Khan, Z.H.College of Engg. and Technology. The Faculties and Students from various departments participated in this event sponsored by TEQIP-II.
The Dean highlighted the importance of the workshop. The principal also enlightened of workshop. The chairman of the department explained the scope of the workshop.
The lectures were delivered by the experts in the various domain of BIOPROCESS ENGG/BIOTECHNOLOGY.
1. PROF. C.B.MAJUMDAR, CHEM ENGG. DEPTT., IIT, ROORKEE (Environmental Biotechnology)
2. PROF. ASAD U KHAN, COORDINATOR, INT. BIOTECHNOLOGY unit, AMU, ALIGARH(Medical Biotechnology)
3. PROF. S.K.SRIVASTAVA,SCHOOL OF BIOCHEMICALS, IIT , BHU, VARANSI (Biochemical Engg.)
4. MR. BRAJESH SINGH, HEADOF BIOCHEMICAL ENGG. & FOOD TECHNOLOGY, HBTI, KANPUR(Bio Fuels)
The programmme was organised by Prof. Sattar Husain and Dr. S.Akhlaq Ahmad as joint Secretary. The vote of thanks was given by Dr. M.Danish.
Extension lectures were held on the following topics:
1.Modeling of Cooling Towers
2.Recent Development in Distillation Technology
3.Modeling of Trickle Bed Reactor
7.Chemical Engineering in Pharmaceutical Industry
8.Shipping of Oil Industry
9.Financial Aspects in Oil Industry
Refresher Course on Advances in Chemical Engineering
A one day National Symposium was held jointly by the department of chemical Engg. and App. Physics under TEQIP-II on 27.02.2013 on Nano Technology For Chemical Applications. It was inaugurated by Vice Chancellor, Lt. General Zamiruddin Shah. Prof. Manes from Germany, Prof. Hamid Ali, Dean, F/o Engineering and Technology, Prof. Ekram Husain, Principal, Prof. Sattar Husain, Chairman of Chemical Engineering department. It was under convenorship of Prof. M.Idrees, and Prof. S.Alim Husain Naqvi as co convenor. Mr. Nasim A Khan was the organizing Secretary. Prof. Mahavir Singh from Himanchal University, Dr. Singh from DRDO, NewDelhi also delivered important talks.
A two days National Workshop was organized on Modelling of Chemical Processes on 23-24 th March, 2013. The program was organized in order to impart new methods of Modelling in the field of chemical engg. The workshop was addressed by Prof. B. Mohanty (Key note Speaker), Prof. Hamid Ali, The Dean, Faculty of Engg. & Technology and Chief Guest, Prof. Ekram Husain, the Principal, ZH College of Engg & Technology, Prof. Sattar Husain, Chairman, Department of Chemical Engineering, Prof. V.K.Srivastava, Ex-Dean,I.I.T.Delhi, Prof. B.Pitchu Mani, Prof. B.V.Babu, Director, JK Lakshmi, University, Jaipur, Dr. Vineet Kumar, IIT Roorkee. It covered various areas of Pinch Technology, Multi effect Evaporator, Air Pollution Monitoring, Artificial Neural Networks, Evolutionary Computation, and Distillation Column etc.