Public Relations Office
24 May 1875
Inauguration of the School (Madarsatul Uloom) at Sami Manzil, Jail Road, Aligarh presided by Maulvi Mohd. Karim, President of the Managing Committee. Maulvi Samiullah?s son Mr. Hamidullah Khan admitted as the first student.
1 June 1875
Boarding House started with seven students on the roll with a budget of Rs. 989/- per month. Managing Committee consisted of Maulvi Samiullah, Chiragh Ali, Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, Syed Mahmud, Raja Jaikishan Das, Nawab Ziauddin Khan and Maulvi Ahsan Nanotavi etc.
28 June 1875
Mr. H.G.I. Siddon took over as Head Master of the School on a salary of Rs. 400/- per month. Mr. Baijnath Prasad was appointed as Second Master along with Maulvi Abul Hasan, Maulana Mohd. Akbar, Syed Jafer Ali, Maulvi Najaf Ali etc.
12 November 1875
Sir William Muir, Lt. Governor of U.P. visited the institution. He was presented with an address of welcome on behalf of the School in which his scheme of the College was described in detail.
6 December 1875
H.H. Mohindra Singh, the Maharaja of Patiala, accompanied by his Chief Minister Khalifa Muhammed Hasan paid a visit to the School and announced a grant of Rs. 1,800/- per annum. He was appointed the first Visitor of the institution.
25 August 1876
Sir Syed permanently settled in Aligarh after 37 years of government service.
8 November 1877
Syed Ahmed Khulusi Effendi, the Ambassador of Turkey visited the College.
8 January 1877
Lord Lytton, the Viceroy and Governor General of India laid the foundation stone of the M.A.O. College. Raja Shambhu Narayan Singh, Raja Jai Kishan Das, Rao Kishan Kumar and others, were also present.
1 January 1878
Intermediate classes started and the college affiliated to the Calcutta University for F.A. Examination.
12 January 1878
Sir Richard Temple, Governor of Bombay paid a flying visit to the college.
Cricket Club was founded under the patronage of the founder, Sir Syed. Mahboob Alam and Rama Shankar Mishra were appointed as Secretary and Captain, respectively.
10 December 1880
Sir John Strachey, the Lt. Governor of U.P. paid a Farewell visit on the eve of his retirement from ICS.
1 January 1881
Four students appeared in the B.A. Examination. Mr. Ishwari Prasad was the first student to pass the examination.
5 February 1883
Sir Alffred Lyall, Lt. Governor of U.P. visited the College and declared open the newly constructed classrooms.
Riding School was set up.
26 August 1884
Students? Union (Siddons Union Club) was inaugurated under the president ship of Theodore Beck. Khwaja Sajjad Husain was declared Vice President and Syed Mohammed Ali Secretary of the Union.
Foundation Stone of the Victoria Gate was laid.
22 December 1886
All India Muslim Educational Conference was inaugurated.
3 January 1887
A deputation of the College Fund Committee called upon the Nizam of Hyderabad, Mr. Mehboob Ali Khan, to seek the permission to dedicate the College Museum to him.
16 November 1887
The College was affiliated to Allahabad University.
1 January 1888
Sir John Edge, the first Vice Chancellor of the Allahabad University visited the College on the occasion of the anniversary of the Siddons Union Club.
24 July 1888
Sir Asman Jah Bahadur, Prime Minister of Hyderabad visited the College.
21 December 1889
Trustee Bill passed and Board of Trustees replaced the College Fund Committee. Sir Syed was elected life Honorary Secretary and Syed Mahmud life Joint Secretary.
Duty Society was inaugurated at the initiative of Sahibzada Aftab Ahmad Khan.
The brotherhood or ?The Ikhwan? was set up. Its membership was open to the present and past AMU students and teachers. It was later on converted into Old Boys? Association.