Mechanical Engineering Section
About the Section
Mechanical Engineering Courses were started in the University Polytechnic since its inception in 1936 and the first course run under it was Motor Engineering. At present, it is successfully running the following four courses with the total strength of about 375 students:
Diploma In Mechanical Engineering
Diploma In Mechanical Engineering (Production)
Diploma In Mechanical Engineering (RAC)
Diploma In Mechanical Engineering (Plastics)
The Mechanical Engineering Section has developed the necessary infrastructure in the form of laboratories and drawing halls. Its laboratories are equipped with almost all equipment related to routine Mechanical Engineering practices, in addition, it also possesses specialized equipment like CNC Lathe, CNC Milling machine, Injection Molding Machine, Flow Visualization Bench, Bio Diesel Extraction Plant etc.
Mechanical Engineering Section consists of many laboratories namely;
Engineering Drawing Hall,
Thermal Engineering Laboratory,
Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Laboratory,
Industrial Engineering Laboratory.
Applied Mechanics Laboratory.
Besides these laboratories, the section possesses the services of Computer & CAD laboratory.
The Mechanical Engineering Section has maintained its standard through its highly motivated and agile faculty consisting of :
07 Associate Professor (3 Ph.D. holder)
07 Assistant Professor (3 Ph.D. holder)
05 Assistant Professor (Contractual)
01 Guest Teacher
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
1) Successfully practice or apply the principles of Mechanical Engineering in a variety of employment areas.
2) Pursue continued life-long learning through professional practice, further graduate education or other training programs in engineering science or other professional fields.
3) Achieve professional success with an understanding and appreciation of ethical behavior, social responsibility, and diversity, both as individuals and in team environments.
Program Outcome (POs)
The students of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering will demonstrate the following:
1) an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
2) an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
3) an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
4) an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
5) an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
6) an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
7) an ability to communicate effectively
8) the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
9) a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning
10) a knowledge of contemporary issues
11) an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Presently Dr. SHAHNAWAZ MOHSIN is the In-charge of Mechanical Engineering Section.
The page is last updated on : 2020-01-25