Leather and Footwear Technology
About the Section
Leather & Footwear Technology section was established in the year 2005. This course was started keeping in view the specific requirement of Leather & Allied Industries. This course comprise specialization in Leather and Footwear both. From 2014 on wards a course on Diploma In Computerized Shoe design & Development (Level 5) was started under the Umbrella of Community College Scheme of UGC. This course has a wide scope and all the interested students got placed in dream corporate organization related to Footwear & Leather after completing their Diploma in Engg. in the year 2019.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1.Our Diploma awardees will be able to analyze, design and propose feasible solutions to leather/Leather Goods/Footwear Industries by applying basic Maths, Science and technological aspects.
PEO2. The Passing out students will be inculcated with effective necessary technological, oral and written skills.
PEO3. They will be able to coordinate with teams of management/production of leather and footwear manufacturing export units as well.
PEO4. The diploma awardees will be able to face advance and modern tools/machineries and technological aspects of manufacturing and exporting leather and leather goods and every type of footwear.
PEO5. The Passing out students will get a track to achieve excellence and will be able to work as team leader at higher position after a due exposure of Leather/ Leather Goods/Footwear Industries.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
Leather Goods & Footwear Technology Section is separate sections under University Polytechnic established in 2005, and about 150 students has passed out since 2008 and are working in India and abroad in highly reputed Leather and Footwear Industries. In this Section education stands for enrichment of practical working knowledge along with theoretical technical aspects and better application of technological advancement to the Leather/Footwear production units as well their personality developments.
As a part of education process the faculties of this section has adopted the following program out come to be achieved:-
1. To acquire the competence of applying the technology / Engg. / Science knowledge to practical applications problem solving.
2. A competence to analyze & interprete the practical production problems.
3. A competence to design the economical solutions to actual industrial problems.
4. A competence to understand and handling of sudden interruptions & managerial problems of industries.
5. A competence to adopt and apply the new technological advance as and when introduced.
6. A competence to understand & work out the existing
7. The inculcation of ethic moral values in his/her work culture.
8. An ability to work in team leader and as an individual through his education /knowledge/actions. An ability to work with team as whole and as individual capacity.
9. A competence in having command skills in effective communication
10. A competence in understanding contemporary issues of management along with economics
11. An ability in understanding need of lifelong learning of and transfer in the technological requirements of Leather & Footwear Industries.
The page is last updated on : 2020-01-20