The SC/ST Cell was established in the University in the year 1983-84 in pursuance of the UGCs guidelines exclusively for the welfare of SC/ST candidates. The Cell has been assigned the responsibility to deal with matter regarding implementation of Govt. of India?s reservation policy for SC/ST candidates in admissions and appointments at the University. Presently, the SC/ST cell is working under the office of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC). The SC/ST Cell has been accomplishing the tasks as summarized hereunder:
- Processing matter and corresponding with the MHRD and UGC regarding reservation of SC/STs
- Collecting and compilation of annual data in respect of strength of students and staff belonging to SC/ST category.
- Maintains a Register for cases of caste discrimination, which is nil so far.
- In addition, data collection and compilation work in respect of OBC, minority and Physically Handicapped students and employees has also be entrusted with the Cell since 1.1.2010.
- Disposing off RTI applications relating to the section.