eBooks with Perpetual Access:
New Attorney General of India, Mr. KK Venugopal has granted public access to a collection of rare books in his library online. His robust antiquarian books collection includes books dating back to the 17th century. This website is the result of his desire to disseminate this wealth of information, for the larger public benefit. CLICK HERE.
1. DELNET (Subscription Period: 10.12.2019 -¯ 09.12.2020)
2. EBSCO Discovery Service (Subscription Period: Jan.2020- Dec.2020)
3. EBSCO : Library & Information Science Source (LSS) Database (Subscription Period: Jan.2020- Dec.2020) (complimentary with EBSCO Discovery Service)
5. Emerald Univ Collection (138 titles) (Subscription Period: Jan.2020- Dec.2020): Emerald's eShodhSindhu Special 138 package covers subject areas of Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Psychology, Social care, Education , Public Policy, Library & Information Science. Backfiles Access is available since 1994.
6. Grammarly (Grammar checking tool) (Subscription Period: 21.02.2020 - 20.02.2021)
7. Indiastat.com (Subscription Period: Jan.2020 to Dec.2020): Indiastat.com provides socio-economic statistical information about India, its states, regions and sector. Indiastat.com contains all the statistical information in tabular format. M.A.Library has three user license to access this database through IP Authentication.(This resource may be accessed through IP login within campus by three users simultaneously).
8. Institute of Physics (Subscription Period: Jan.2020- Dec.2020): Access is provided to 46 full text journals in the area of physics, and the archival access is made available from Vol.1 issue.1 of all 46 IOP titles.
9. ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global Database (Subscription Period: Feb.2020- Jan.2021) : ProQuest Dissertation & Theses Global (PQDT Global) simplifies searching for dissertations and theses via a single access point to explore a collection of 3.8 million graduate works, with 1.7 million in full text. It is also designated as an official offsite repository for the U.S. Library of Congress. (This resource may be accessed within campus without Login ID/Password). (How to Videos: 1. Basic Search; 2. Advance Search)
10. Prowess (Subscription Period: Apr.2020- Mar.2021): Prowess is a database of the financial performance of over 27,000 companies. It includes all companies traded on the National Stock Exchange and the Bombay Stock Exchange, thousands of unlisted public limited companies and hundreds of private limited companies. It also includes a number of important business entities that are not registered companies.
11. Scopus (Subscription Period: Jan.2020- Dec.2020) : A product of Elsevier, is the largest abstract and citation database of peer reviewed literature including journal titles from many international publishers as well as some other sources such as Books, Book Chapters, Conference Papers and Reviews etc. in the field of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, arts and humanities.
12. ScienceDirect (10 Subject Collection) (Subscription Period: Jan.2020- Dec.2020): ScienceDirect is a part of Elsevier and is scientific, technical and medical information provider. Access to Science Direct 10 subjects (1. Biochemistry, Genetics & Mol. Biology, 2. Agriculture & Biological Science, 3. Chemistry 4. Computer Science, 5. Economics, 6. Immunology & Microbiology, 7. Mathematics, 8. Physics & Astronomy, 9. Social Sciences, 10. Psychology) collection (1000+journals titles ) is provided to universities covered under the Consortium with back-files since 1995.
13. SciFinder Scholar (Subscription Period: Jan.2020 - Dec.2020): CLICK HERE to view Registration Guide.
14. Springer e-Books (Biomedical and Life Science Collection) (Perpetual Access)
15. UpToDate (Subscription Period: Jan.2020 - Dec.2020): UpToDate is an evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support resource which clinicians trust to make the right point-of-care decisions. More than 6,500 world-renowned physician authors, editors, and peer reviewers use a rigorous editorial process to synthesize the most recent medical information into trusted, evidence-based recommendations that are proven to improve patient care and quality.
16. Wiley Blackwell Publishing (Subscription Period: Jan.2020- Dec.2020): Access to 908 journals of Blackwell publishing with bakcfiles since 1997 is being provided to the members of the consortium.
Resources provided by eShodh Sindhu (2020)
1. American Chemical Society (38 journals) (Subscription Period: Jan.2020 - Dec.2020): The Publications Division of the American Chemical Society provides the worldwide scientific community with a comprehensive collection of the most-cited, peer-reviewed journals in the chemical and related sciences. As reported in 2008 Journal Citation Reports¯ by Thomson Reuters, the peer-reviewed journals of the American Chemical Society rank #1 in citations or ISI Impact Factor in the seven core chemistry categories as well as eight additional categories ranging from Agriculture and Crystallography to Polymer Science and Nanoscience & Nanotechnology. It provides features like Daily or weekly e-mail alerts when individual articles (Articles ASAPSM) from the selected journal(s) of your choice, are released on the web.
Through the consortium ACS is giving access to 38 current full-text e-journals including the ACS Legacy Archives having backfiles of all the journals from vol.1 issue.1
2. American Institute of Physics (18 journals) (Subscription Period: Jan.2020 - Dec.2020): The American Institute of Physics (AIP) is a non-profit corporation chartered in 1931 to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics and its application to human welfare. An umbrella organization for 10 Member Societies, AIP represents more than 134,000 scientists, engineers and educators and is one of the world's largest publishers of physics journals.AIP's prestigious core journals (journals.aip.org) - many of which are among the most highly cited in their field - form the core of physics literature in libraries worldwide. With their high technical and editorial standards, these publications attract the most vital and current research papers from the world's leading authorities in fields ranging from chemistry, mathematics, fluid dynamics, and more. AIP's online platform(Scitation) hosts more than 1,000,000 articles from more than 170 scholarly publications for 25 learned society publishers, in fields including physics, chemistry, geoscience, engineering, acoustics, and more.
The members of the consortium have access to 18 Full text journals (10 AIP and 8 from AIP's member societies) with Archival access from 1997 onwards for most of the journals.
3. American Physical Society (15 journals) (Subscription Period: Jan.2020 - Dec.2020): The American Physical Society was founded on May 20, 1899, when 36 physicists gathered at Columbia University for that purpose. . In 1913, the APS took over the operation of the Physical Review, which had been founded in 1893 at Cornell, and journal publication became its second major activity. Physical Review was followed by Reviews of Modern Physics in 1929, and by Physical Review Letters in 1958. Over the years, Physical Review has subdivided into five separate sections as the fields of physics have proliferated and the number of submissions grew.
Through the consortium access of APS-ALL collection is available to subscribing members. Also the PROLA (Physical Review Online Archive) search engine (which indexes all APS journal material published from 1893 to present) is now freely available to all users.
4. Annual Reviews (43 journals) (Subscription Period: Jan.2020 - Dec.2020): Annual Reviews journals are among the most highly cited in the scientific literature, and are available in print and online to individuals, institutions, and consortia throughout the world. Since 1932, Annual Reviews has offered comprehensive, timely collections of critical reviews written by leading scientists. Annual Reviews volumes are published each year for 46 focused disciplines within the Biomedical, Life, Physical, and Social Sciences including Economics.
Access is made available to 43 full text journals. Archival access is provided up to 10 years back issues for members earlier having access under UGC-INFONET DLC and new institutions will receive four(4) years back file access.
5. JGate Plus (Subscription Period: Jan.2020 - Dec.2020): J-Gate Custom Content for Consortium (JCCC) is a virtual library of journal literature created as a customized e-journals access gateway and database solution. It acts as a one point access to 7900+ journals subscribed currently under UGC INFONET Digital library consortium as well as university libraries designated as Inter Library Loan (ILL) Centers besides index to open access journals. INFLIBNET has identified 22 potential universities as ILL Centers in the country to fulfill ILL request from the users affiliated to universities covered under UGC- INFONET Digital Library Consortium.
JCCC has facility to trigger e-mail request for article to Inter Library Loan Centers as well as to INFLIBNET Centre.
6. JSTOR (2500+ journals) (Subscription Period: Jan.2020 - Dec.2020): JSTOR was founded in 1995 to build trusted digital archives for scholarship. Today, we work with the scholarly community to preserve their work and the materials they rely upon, and to build a common research platform that promotes the discovery and use of these resources. In 2009, JSTOR merged with and became a service of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record and to advance scholarship and teaching in sustainable ways. The majority of content in the archive is journal literature, though inclusion of other materials such as conference proceedings, transactions, pamphlets, monographs, manuscripts, and other materials is growing.
Currently, there are more than 2500 titles, including previous titles, as well as other content available. New titles and other materials are being added regularly. The collections available to the members of the Consortium are: Art & Sciences I¯XII, Life Sciences, Ireland, Ecology & Botany II, Global Plants, 19th-Century British Pamphlets, Struggles for Freedom: Southern Africa, World Heritage Sites: Africa, Business IV.
7. MathSciNet (Subscription Period: Jan.2020 - Dec.2020): MathSciNet is an electronic publication offering access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for much of the mathematical sciences literature. Over 80,000 new items are added each year, most of them classified according to the Mathematics Subject Classification. Authors are uniquely identified, enabling a search for publications by individual author rather than by name string. Continuing in the tradition of the paper publication Mathematical Reviews (MR), which was first published in 1940, expert reviewers are selected by a staff of professional mathematicians to write reviews of the current published literature; over 60,000 reviews are added to the database each year. Extending the MR tradition, MathSciNet contains over 2 million items and over 700,000 direct links to original articles. Reference lists are collected and matched internally from over 300 journals, and citation data for journals, authors, articles and reviews is provided. This web of citations allows users to track the history and influence of research publications in the mathematical sciences.
8. Project Muse (600+ journals) (Subscription Period: Jan.2020 - Dec.2020): Project MUSE is a unique collaboration between libraries and publishers, providing 100% full-text, affordable and user-friendly online access to a comprehensive selection of prestigious humanities and social sciences journals. MUSE's online journal collections support a diverse array of research needs at academic, public, special and school libraries worldwide. Our journals are heavily indexed and peer-reviewed, with critically acclaimed articles by the most respected scholars in their fields. MUSE is also the sole source of complete, full-text versions of titles from many of the world's leading university presses and scholarly societies.
The Consortium subscribes to Project Muse Premium Collection which provides access to more than 600 titles representing more than 120 publishers.
9 Taylor & Francis (1000+ journals) (Subscription Period: Jan.2020 - Dec.2020): Taylor and Francis, founded in 1798, is the oldest commercial journals publisher in the world, and one of the leading global academic publishers. Informa interface is a new and expanding platform, initially hosting the academic and scientific publications. Taylor & Francis Group publishes more than 1600 journals and around 1,800 new books each year Taylor and Francis provides quality information and knowledge that enable the customers and end-users to perform their jobs efficiently, continue their education, and help contribute to the advancement of their chosen profession. It is a widely known publisher among researchers, students, academics and increasingly professionals.
The Consortium can access more than 1000 journals with archival access to 1998 onwards issues.
10. Web of Science (Subscription Period: Jan.2020 - Dec.2020) : Web of Science, provides access to the world's leading citation databases. It searches over 10,000 journals from over 45 different languages across the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities with back files to 1900. The citations (or footnotes) allow one to navigate forward, backward, and through journal articles and both journal and book-based proceedings. Its Analyze Tool also helps in finding hidden trends and patterns, gain insight into emerging fields of research, identify leading researchers, institutions, and journals, and trace the history of a particular field of study.
The access to Web of Science is available on perpetual access basis to members subscribing prior to 2016, and new members were provided access to 20 year back-files on lease basis. Consortium subscription includes access to the Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) and Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI) of Web of Science. (back files subsribed) (How to Videos: 1. Basic Search; 2. Advance Search; 3. Citation Report)
1. Sir Syed Bibliography
2. Institutional Repository of Theses and Dissertations
3. eResources available in Oriental Languages
4. Subject Information Gateways Browse by Subject Browse by Title
5. Open Access e-Journals
6. Open Access e-Books
7. Open Access Databases & Search Engines
8. Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
9. Theses & Dissertations
10. Publications of the National Sample Survey Organisation (NSSO)
11. Statistical Databases : Indian & International
12. Annual Reports & Ministries Institutions
13. Academic Institutions Rank (by MHRD, Govt. of India)
14. Reference Sources
15. Open Access Audio Books
16. Resources on Sufism
16. JoVE : Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE) is a peer reviewed, PubMed indexed journal devoted to the publication of biological, medical, chemical and physical research in a video format. Click here to watch some of the videos.