Internal Quality Assurance Cell
ABOUT IQAC AMU
Development of a culture that recognizes the importance of quality and quality assurance is essential in institutions of higher learning. Quality assurance is a new paradigm of academic and administrative management. The changing educational landscape calls for setting up a formal and effective mechanism for the approval, periodic review, monitoring, evaluation and assessment of quality of the programmes in higher education institutions. It is in this vain that the proposal by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) to establish Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has been undertaken by every accredited institution of learning.
The quality assurance activities are not just limited to collecting data; rather it is also expected to analyze the data for enhancing quality, providing accountability, establishing stakeholder confidence and creating trust in the institution?s performance. Since quality assurance is a continuous process, IQAC is now becoming a central theme in Higher Education, ever endeavouring to work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
IQAC is expected to fulfil the following objectives:
- To develop and implement a strategy for conscious, consistent and continuous enhancement of quality to improve the academic and administrative performance and standards of the programmes of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture, accountability, and institutionalization of best practices and awards.
The IQAC shall evolve the mechanisms and procedures for ensuring
- Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning and the credibility of evaluation procedures.
- The adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services for Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
The IQAC shall have the following functions:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of AMU.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of AMU.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of AMU, leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of AMU for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in AMU.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- In terms of UGC Regulations 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-Keeping cell, including assistance in the development of the API criteria based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) proforma using the indicative template separately developed by the UGC. In order to facilitate the process, all teachers shall submit the duly filled-in PBAS proforma to the IQAC annually.
- Any other assignment by the Vice-Chancellor.
The IQAC shall submit the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the University duly approved by statutory bodies of the University to NAAC regularly. The functional Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) and timely submission of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) are the Minimum Institutional Requirements (MIR) to volunteer for second, third or subsequent cycles accreditation.
The IQAC shall create its exclusive window on the official website of University and regularly upload its activities and the AQAR.
Copyright 2017, Internal Quality Assurance Cell, 3rd Floor Administrative Block, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, UP, 202002
Updated: [Thursday, November 27, 2014] Feed Back | email@example.com Phone no. +91 571 2700932 / 2700920-25, Ext. 4282/4265/1170