RULES GOVERNING THE AWARD OF OUTSTANDING RESEARCHER OF THE YEAR PRIZES:
1. Teachers interested in participating in the above may send their applications on the prescribed proforma through the Dean of the concerned Faculty of the research work performed by them during each academic session. For the Award-2014, the research work carried out for the last 5 years during the Sessions 2009-2010 through to 2013-2014 shall be considered.
2. The Deans shall send maximum of 5 nominations (on the prescribed proforma) of teachers belonging to their faculty to the Convener, Innovation Council by 08.09.2014. For the single department/ two departments faculties maximum of 2 nominations are to be forwarded. In case of Women?s College, the nominations are to be routed through the Dean of the concerned Faculty.
3. The Vice-Chancellor shall constitute two committees each consisting of three eminent educationists/ researchers belonging to the appropriate disciplines who have never been in the employment of the University. The committees shall give their recommendations for the award of Outstanding Researcher of the Year Prizes in the aforesaid two categories.
4. In case any of the two committees does not find any work submitted to them worthy of being awarded the outstanding research in any given year, no award shall be given in that category in that year. The award shall be bestowed to a teacher only once.
5. The award shall be announced and given away on the Sir Syed Day each year.
RULES GOVERNING BEST INNOVATION OF THE YEAR PRIZES:
1. University students and the University School students shall apply on the prescribed Proforma for the Award of Best Innovation of the Year Prize and submit in the office of the Chairmen/ Coordinators/ Principals to participate and display/ showcase their innovation in the Sir Syed Innovation Fair.
2. The Vice-Chancellor shall constitute a committee of three eminent persons who shall make recommendations for the two prizes in the afore-mentioned two separate categories.
3. The prizes shall be given away each year on the Sir Syed Day (17 October).
4. In case the Committee does not find any work being displayed worthy of being given prizes, no prize for the Best Innovation of the Year Prize shall be given in that category in that year.