ADVANCE SECTION, CAO, AMU.
The ADVANCE SECTION of Central Account Office, AMU Aligarh basically functions with the distribution of amount in the form of advances to different departments, teachers, students etc. of the University and furthermore taking a note on the Adjustment Account against distributed advances. The Advance Section is located on the Top Floor of Administrative Block.
The functions of Advance Section are as under:
- Distribution of Advances out of different Heads i.e. Fund Account, Grant Account, Deposit Account and Scholarship Account, which are further divided into sub-heads.
- Obtaining Adjustment Accounts from the particulars.
- Issue of timely Reminders to the Departments for submission of Adjustment Accounts.
- Maintaining the statement of Outstanding Amount of Advances against Departments etc. at the end of each financial year.
- Timely Reporting of Advances exceeding Rs.500000/- to the Executive Council in its meeting.
- Maintaining Audit Reports of Advances and Adjustments at the time of Audit.
Some other miscellaneous works are also dealt in Advance Section like clearance to the students (only M.Phill/Phd) for acquiring their degree etc, and clearance to the employees of University at the time of retirement.