Central Purchase Office
CENTRAL PURCHASE OFFICE
The Central Purchase Office work under the control of Finance Officer AMU Aligarh. The Office presently known as Central Purchase Office, formally it was known as steward office. The Central Purchase Office functioning smoothly under the supervision of the successive Assistant Finance Officer Mr. S. Ziauddin Shah. The Central Purchase Office located opposite of the State Bank of India AMU Branch. Mainly the task of the Central Purchase Office to provide Office Equipment , Office Furniture Items to the department / Offices of the University and Livery items to the entitled staff of the University following the prescribed University Purchas Rules. The detail of the work carried out given as under:
01. To issue tender notices and quotations following the University Purchase Rules of the Office Equipment and Office Furniture items.
02. To prepare Comparative Statements.
03. To arrange meetings of the Central Purchase Committee/Livery Committee and Departmental Purchase Committee.
04. To putup agenda contains the details of the items before the respective committee for consideration and recommendations.
05. To issue minutes of the meetings and to putup the recommended cases to the competent authority for approval.
06. Arrange minor repair/repair and maintenance of the furniture items of the departments/offices as and when required on priority basis.
07. Arrange auctions of the condemned items in the different department/offices as and when required followed by condemnation and auction rules of the University.
08. Arrangement of the University functions like Convocations, S.S. Day, Court Meetings, Republic Day and Independence Day etc.
09. To assist the department/offices in purchasing the items specially required.
10. Maintain the Central Stock Register of Office Equipments and Office Furniture items of the Offices and departments of the University.
11. Any other work assigned by the competent authority.