MA, Ph.D., UGC JRF/SRF Fellow
Assistant Professor (Contractual)
Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development
Department of Geography, A.M.U, Aligarh -202002
Hasibur Rahaman is an Assistant Professor (contractual) in the Department of Geography, AMU, Aligarh. He has been an active researcher with many publications in areas ranging from agriculture, literacy, and rural development. He has qualified UGC-JRF in geography and been UGC-SRF fellow in Ph.D., PG Merit scholarship in M.A., and has been awarded SBI Talent scholarship in Higher Secondary. He has participated in and attended research activities such as research methodology workshops, capacity-building programs, winter school, national and international conferences, seminars, and research events. He has done his postgraduate and undergraduate from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, and has been the rank holder in the higher secondary exam from Harishchandrapur High School, Malda, West Bengal. He has one publication in the form of a book from Springer and more than ten research papers from international refereed journals including Sage publications. He is familiar with his soft skill experience in software like R, E-view, gretle, and QGIS. He is a life member of the National Association of Geographers of India (NAGI) and the Journal of Rural Development (JRD), NIRD, Hyderabad.
- Key Publications
1. Rahaman, H., & Ansari, S. (2022). Status of Crop Diversification by Land Size Classes: A Case Study from State of West Bengal, India. Journal of Asian and African Studies. Sage Publication https://doi.org/10.1177/00219096221106092.
2. Rahaman, H. (2020). ‘Diversified Cropping Pattern and Agricultural Development in India- A Case study from Malda District’, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, ISBN 978-3-030-55727-0.
3. Rahaman, H (2021). Identifying Cropping Pattern Dynamics Hotspots Through Ranking Method: A Geographic Analysis from Malda District of West Bengal, India. Asian Profile 49 (3), 287-297.
4. Rahaman, H. (2020). De-stunting growth of crop diversification Index: A case study from Malda District, India” International Journal of Ecology, Environment, and Conservation, Vol 26, Feb Suppl. Issue, 2020; Page No.(179- 184),(ISSN:0971765X).
5. Rahaman, H. & et.al (2019), “Status of Agricultural Development in Malda District: A Geographical Analysis” National Geographical Journal of India, Vol. 65, Issue 03, September 2019, pp. 246-256 (ISSN: 0027-9374).
6. Rahaman, H. & et.al (2019), “Land Size Class Wise Change in Cropping Pattern in Malda District – A Block Level Analysis” Journal of Geography, Environment, and Earth Science International,21(4): 1-19, Jun 10, 2019; ISSN: 2454-7352.
7. Rahaman, H. & et.al (2018), “Gender Disparity in Literacy in Malda District” International Journal of Research in Social Sciences (IJRSS), Vol. 8 Issue 10, October 2018, ISSN:2249-2496.
- Book Publishedhttps://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783030557270