Ph.D., M.C.A., M.Sc., B.Ed.
Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks(MANETs), Image Processing, Video Analytics, Information Retrieval, Soft Computing
C-19, K.K.Residency, Near Rabia Manzil, Badar Bagh, Civil Lines, Aligarh -202002 (U.P.), India
Prof. (Dr.) Aasim Zafar is Professor at Computer Science Department, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. He holds Master in Computer Science and Applications and obtained the degree of Ph. D. in Computer Science, from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. His research areas and special interests include Mobile Ad hoc and Sensor Networks, Image Processing and Video Analytics, Information Retrieval, E-Systems, e-Security, Virtual Learning Environment, Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing, and Software Engineering. His areas of teaching interest include Computer Networks, Network Security, Software Engineering, E-Systems, Database Management Systems and Computer Programming. He has presented many papers in National and International Conferences and published various research papers in journals of international repute.
Prof. Aasim Zafar has a teaching and research experience of more than 27 years both at national and international level. He has executed NMEICT-EdRP project funded by MHRD, Govt. of India as Co-PI, which was executed in consortium mode with AMU being one of the partner Institute (with a share of Rs 1.2 crore) and IIT, Kanpur being the Coordinating Institute. AMU successfully contributed two major outcomes, namely, a cloud-based multi-lingual and multi-Institutional Library Management System (LibMS) and Election Management System (EMS) to this project.
During his 5-year tenure of International teaching assignment at King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Jeddah, he has executed three research projects, two DSR funded (SR 50,000 each) as PI and one funded by KACST (SR 2 Million) as Co-PI. He was awarded with “Excellence in Teaching Award” at KAU, Jeddah.
Besides teaching and research, Prof. Aasim Zafar has a rich administrative experience and is actively involved in various developmental work of the university in various capacities. He is presently Chairman/HoD of the Department of Computer Science, AMU, Director, CIQA, CDOE, AMU, Coordinator of IGNOU Study Centre of AMU, Convener of University Website Committee, Convener of Digital Monitoring Cell, UGC SWAYAM Coordinator, and member of various high powered committee constitute by the Hon’ble Vice Chancellor of AMU. He has immensely contributed in ICT Infrastructure Development of the University. At KAU, Prof. Zafar successfully led the Academic Accreditation Unit of FCIT, KAU in the capacity of Director to achieve ABET (American Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology) accreditation.
Prof. Aasim Zafar has been actively working in the area of e-Learning and utilizing Open Source ICT Tools and Technologies in Research, Teaching & Learning and Student Evaluation since 1995, both at the Graduate and Post Graduate levels. He has served CDOE, AMU as Coordinator of e-Learning Programmes. He has expertise in Educational Technologies and contributed in spreading the culture of ICT enabled Pedagogy among teachers of HEIs through various workshops, orientation, training and capacity building programmes. He has also organised various webinars, workshops, and training programmes on e-Content Development and ICT related topics.
Prof. Aasim Zafar is a valuable resource person and delivered skill based technical sessions/lectures across the country for Faculty Development Programmes [FDP], Faculty Induction Programmes [FIP], Refresher Courses and Orientation Programmes at UGC HRDCs and different Universities in India on e-Learning, SWAYAM MOOCs, e-Content Development, Capacity building for blended learning, Educational Technologies for Online Teaching and Learning, Learning Management Systems (LMS), and e-Governance, etc. He has trained over 5000 faculty members belonging to various universities/colleges across the country for Online Teaching and Learning during COVID-19 pandemic since March 2020.
- S. Kharya, E. M. Onyema, Aasim Zafar, M. A. Wajid, R. K. Afriyie, T. Swarnkar, and S. Soni, “Weighted Bayesian Belief Network: A Computational Intelligence Approach for Predictive Modeling in Clinical Datasets”, Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, Volume 2022, Article ID 3813705, Scopus and SCIE Indexed (Q1), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/3813705.
- S. A. Ansari and Aasim Zafar, “A Fusion of Dolphin Swarm Optimization and Improved Sine Cosine Algorithm for Automatic Detection and Classification of Objects from Surveillance Videos”, Measurement, Volume 192, March 2022, SCIE Indexed (Q1), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2022.110921.
- K. Roshan and Aasim Zafar, “Utilizing XAI technique to improve autoencoder based model for computer network anomaly detection with shapley additive explanation (SHAP)”, International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications (IJCNC), Vol. 13, No. 6, November 2021, pp. 109-128, Scopus indexed (Q4), DOI: 10.5121/ijcnc.2021.13607.
- Mohd Anas Wajid and Aasim Zafar, "Multimodal Fusion: A Review, Taxonomy, Open Challenges, Research Roadmap and Future Directions", Neutrosophic Sets and Systems, vol. 45, September 2021, pp. 96-120, Web of Science and Scopus indexed (Q3), DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.5485570.
- Mohd Anas Wajid and Aasim Zafar, “PESTEL Analysis to Identify Key Barriers to Smart Cities Development in India”, Neutrosophic Sets and Systems, vol. 42, April 2021, pp. 39-48, Web of Science and Scopus indexed (Q3), DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.4711497.
- M. A. Zeeshan, M. K. M. Zafar, S. Ahmad, Aasim Zafar, S. Pathak, T. Qamar,"Analyzing Complex Predicates: Syntactic Evidences from Sampark and Google Machine Translation Systems", Annals of the Romanian Society for Cell Biology, 2021, Volume 25, Issue 4, pp. 15853-15859, ISSN:1583-6258, Scopus indexed.
- Aasim Zafar and Mohd Anas Wajid, "A Mathematical Model to Analyze the Role of Uncertain and Indeterminate Factors in the Spread of Pandemics like COVID-19 Using Neutrosophy: A Case Study of India", Neutrosophic Sets and Systems, vol. 38, December 2020, pp. 214-226, Web of Science and Scopus indexed (Q3), DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.4300498.
- Aasim Zafar and Arshad Iqbal, "Application of Soft Computing Techniques in Machine Reading of Quranic Kufic Manuscripts", Journal of King Saud University - Computer and Information Sciences, First Published version available Online-30-April-2020, Web of Science and Scopus indexed (Q1), DOI: 10.1016/j.jksuci.2020.04.017.
- Aasim Zafar and Mohd Anas, "Neutrosophic Cognitive Maps for Situation Analysis", Neutrosophic Sets and Systems, vol. 29, October 2019, pp. 78-88, Web of Science and Scopus indexed (Q3), DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.3514407.
- S. H. Hasan, D. M. Alghazzawi and Aasim Zafar, "Integrating Java Coding into Project Based Learning in M-Learning Environment", Malaysian Journal of Computer Science (MJCS), Vol.30(2), 2017, pp:91-98, Web of Science and Scopus indexed (Q4).
- Aasim Zafar and Ibrahim Albidewi, “Evaluation Study of eLGuide: A Framework for Adaptive e-Learning”, Computer Applications in Engineering Education, Volume 23, Issue 4, Pages 542–555, July 2015, Web of Science-indexed (SCIE) and Scopus indexed (ISSN: 1061-3773, EISSN: 1099-0542) (Q1). DOI: 10.1002/cae.21625.
- Aasim Zafar and S. H. Hasan, “A Novel Scheme for Information Retrieval from e-Learning Repository”, Malaysian Journal of Computer Sciences (MJCS), Vol.28(1), 2015. pp:16-27, Web of Science and Scopus indexed (Q4).
- K. Roshan and Aasim Zafar, “Using Kernel SHAP XAI Method to Optimize the Network Anomaly Detection Model” in 9th International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACom), held on 23-25 March 2022 at BVICAM, New Delhi, pp. 74-80, indexed in IEEE Xplore, DOI: 10.23919/INDIACom54597.2022.9763241.
- K. Roshan and Aasim Zafar, “An Optimized Auto-Encoder based Approach for Detecting Zero-Day Cyber-Attacks in Computer Network”, in 2021 5th International Conference on Information Systems and Computer Networks (ISCON), held on 22-23 Oct. 2021 at Mathura indexed in IEEE Xplore, DOI: 10.1109/ISCON52037.2021.9702437
For Detail list of Publications, please refer my CV.