Dr. Fauzia Naushin
|Designation :||Assistant Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Microbial Ecology , Environment & Plant Pathology|
|Address :||Botany Section, Women's College, AMU|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
Dr Fauzia Naushin after completing M.Sc.Botany from AMU Aligarh, joined CIMAP (a renowned CSIR institute at Lucknow ) for her Ph.D. work.She was appointed as a Lecturer in Women's College, AMU in 1994. She later on joined STRK PG College, Aligarh as Lecturer & worked till 2009. She joined Women's College in 2010 as Lecturer / Assistant Professor. She is also guiding four Ph.D. students in the Department of Botany.
Dr Fauzia Naushin has been promoting women education & motivating girls in the Women's College to pursue higher education and prove excellence. She is not only motivating the girls pursuing B.Sc.Hons. Botany, but also the girls of other streams of the college for higher education, national level competitions including NET/ JRF / GATE. On her motivation, meritorious girls of the college are preferring to take admission in masters courses.
1. Naikoo MI, Dar MI, Khan FA, Ansari AA, Rehman F, Naushin F, (2017). Gymnosperm diversity of Kashmir Himalayas. In: Ansari AA, Gill SS (Eds), Plant biodiversity: Monitoring, Assessment and Conservation, CAB international, UK
2. Rehman F, Khan FA, Naikoo MI, Dar MI And Naushin F (2016) Impact of Nickel on the growth of Lycopersicon esculentum var. Navodaya. International Journal of Environmental Sciences 7 (1): 100-106. ISSN No.: 0976-4534
3. Dar MI, Naikoo MI, Rehman F, Naushin F, Khan FA, (2016). Proline accumulation in plants: roles in stress tolerance and plant development. In: Iqbal N, R Nazar, Khan NA (Eds), Osmolytes and plant acclimation to changing environment: emerging omics technologies, Springer verlag, New York
4. Dar MI, Khan FA, Rehman F, Masoodi A, Ansari AA, Varshney D, Naushin F, Naikoo MI (2015). Roles of Brassicaceae in Phytoremediation of Metals and Metalloids. In: Ansari AA et al. (Eds), Phytoremediation: Management of environmental contaminants, vol-1, Springer international publishing, Switzerland. Pages 201-215
5. Khan FA, Naushin F, Rehman F, Masoodi A, Dar MI, Hashmi F and Ansari AA (2014). Eutrophication: Global scenario and local threat to dynamics of aquatic ecosystems (In: Ansari AA and Gill SS) (eds.) Eutrophication: Causes, Consequences and Control, Volume-2, Springer, The Netherlands, pp 17-27