Department of Economics
Prof. Md Tarique
|Qualification :||M.A.; Ph.D.|
|Thrust Area :||Quantitative Methods; Agricultural Economics and Micro Economics.|
|Address :||102; PHASE-3, OHAD RESIDENCY; NEAR PANWALI KOTHI, CIVIL LINES; ALIGARH; Pin:202001.|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Dr. Md. Tarique (b 1969) is at present working as Professor in the Dept. of Economics, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. Md. Tarique joined the department in August 2009. Before joining this University, he taught at L.S. College and University Deptt. Of Economics, B.R.Ambedkar Bihar University, Muzaffarpur (Nov. 1996 to July 2009). There he was teaching Mathematical Economics and Econometrics at the post-graduation level. Md. Tarique also served at College of Business Administration, Al Kharj under King Saud University (Riyadh), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia during the Academic session 2008-09.
Md. Tarique has a number of articles / papers published in various international / national journals, books (ed.) & conference volumes. Some of the reputed international Journals in which his articles have been published are:
i) International Journal of Statistics and Economics, Journal Ranked in ABDC (Australian Business Dean?s Council) List.
ii) International Journal of Ecology and Development, CESER Publications: Scopus indexed.
iii) Asian Journal of Research in Banking and Finance, SJIF IMPACT FACTOR = 5.489 (2017).
iv) Journal of International Business and Economics, USA.
v) Research Journal of Commerce and Finance, Tanta University, Egypt.
vi) GRIN Publishing GmbH, Munich, Germany.
vii) International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics and Management (IJRC).
His present field of interest is: Micro Economics, Agricultural Economics and Quantitative Methods.
At present Md. Tarique is teaching Micro economics & Environmental Economics at Post Graduation level and Macro Economics & Statistical Methods at graduation level.
Publication details of Dr. Md. Tarique, Professor, Dept. of Economics, A.M.U. Aligarh (2012-18)
1. Haroon Rasool, Md. Tarique (2018) “Dynamics of Inflation in India: Bound Testing Approach” International Journal of Statistics and Economics, e-ISSN: 0975-556X. Volume 19, Issue 4. Ver. I (August. 2018) , PP 53-70 www.ceser.in/ceserp; www.ceserp.com/cp-jour Journal Ranked in ABDC (Australian Business Dean’s Council )
2. Haroon Rasool, Md. Tarique ( 2018 ) “Testing the link between Rural Wages and Food inflation in India: A cointegration approach” IOSR Journal of Business and Management, e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. Volume 20, Issue 1. Ver. I ( January. 2018) , PP 87-98 www.iosrjournals.org. UGC approved Journal with Sl. No. 4481, Journal no. 46879.
3. Haroon Rasool, Md. Tarique ( 2018 ) “Determinants of Inflation: Evidence from India using Autoregressive Distributed Lagged Approach.” Asian Journal of Research in Banking and Finance, Vol. 8, No. 1, January 2018, pp. 1-17. ISSN 2249-7323. A Journal Indexed in Indian Citation Index DOI NUMBER: 10.5958/2249-7323.2018.00001.9, UGC APPROVED JOURNAL, SJIF IMPACT FACTOR = 5.489 ( 2017)
4. Haroon Rasool, Masudul Hasan Adil and Md. Tarique ( 2018) , “The Causal Nexus between Oil onsumption and Economic Growth in India”. International Journal of Ecology and Development, CESER Publications: Scopus indexed. e-ISSN: 2278-487X, pISSN: 2319-7668. Volume 20, Issue 1. Ver. I ( January. 2018) , PP 87-98 www.iosrjournals.org
5. Shabana Anjum and Md. Tarique ( 2017) , “Agriculture and Poverty Reduction in India: An Empirical Study” in Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, ISSN 2249-7315, Vol. 7, No. 9, September 2017, pp. 35-48. DOI NUMBER: 10.5958/2249-7315.2017.00441.5 UGC APPROVED JOURNAL
6. Maria Khan and Md. Tarique (2017 ) , “Environmental Impact of Industrial Liberalisation in India” in IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science, e- ISSN: 2279-0837, vol:15, July,2017,pp18-37.
7. Sana Samreen & Tarique Md. (2017) : “A Study of Demand for Schooling Among Muslim Girls in Aligarh District” in the Pezzottaite Journal : International Journal of Applied Services Marketing Perspective, ISSN: 22790934; Online: 2279-0985, Vol.6, No.2, Apr-June 2017. UGC Journal No.: 47673.
8. Maria Khan & Tarique Md. (2016) : “Comparative Analysis of the Performance of BICS Nations on Environmental parameters of Millennium Development Goals”, in the book ‘Rising India,China, south Africa and Brazil” Edited by Mohammad Gulrez. Paragon International Publishers, New Delhi. ISBN: 9789383154401, P:182-187.
9. Tarique Md. and Mohd. Faisal ( 2016) , “Anti poverty Programmes in India: An Analytical Study” in the ‘Journal of Economic development’ Published by Patna University, ISSN: 24564273. Vol:1, P:114-131.
10. Rameez Ahmad and Md. Tarique (2016) , “A Study of Regional Disparities in Wheat and Rice Production in India” in the Pezzottaite Journal, ISSN: 22790934; Online: 22790942, Vol.5, No.1, Jan-Mar 2016.
11. Maria Khan and Md. Tarique (2015) , “Industrial Pollution in Indian Industries: A Post reform Scenario” in a peer-reviewed quarterly Journal, Print ISSN: 2394-1591, Online ISSN:2394-157X, vol:2, no.2(January to March,2015) ,pp182-187.
12. Maria Khan & Tarique, Md. (2014) : “Environment, Sustainability and Millennium Development Goals”, in the International Journal of Trade and Global Business Perspectives, An Indexed and Referred Quarterly Journal Vol:3, No.4/Oct.-Dec 2014, Print ISSN: 23199059, Online ISSN: 23199067 P:1459-1466. Impact Factor ( 2013 ) :5.017.
13. Tarique, Md. & Sana Samreen (2014) , “A Comparative Study of Higher Education Among Indian Muslims” in the International Journal of Society and Humanities; A Refereed International Journal; ISSN: 2319-2070; Vol. 4/14, No. 1; Jan-June 2014; p-16.
14. Tarique, Md. & Sana Samreen (2014) , “Gender Inequalities in Education and its Effect on Health of Women and Child” in the International Journal of Research (IJR); A refereed journal; ISSN: 2348-6848; Vol. 1, Issue 4, May 2014; p-673-690. Website:
15. Tarique, Md. (2014) : “An Analysis of Rural Non-Farm Employment in India”, in the International Journal of Retailing & Rural Business Perspective, Vol.3, No. 1, Jan.March, 2014, ISSN: 2234-0934.
16. Tarique, Md. & Preeti Vashney (2013) : “Monitoring Poverty Reduction under Millennium Development Goals”, in the International Journal of Society and Humanity, Vol‚??1/2013 No ‚??2/ ISSN‚??2319‚??2070, p:1-6.
17. Tarique, Md.; and Maria Khan (2013) , “Industrial Sector Employment in Post Reform Era: A Comparative Analysis” in the Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics & Management (AJRBEM) ; A Peer reviewed refereed monthly International Journal; ISSN: 2250-1673; Vol. 3, Issue-7, July 2013; p-08-17.
18. Tarique, Md.; Preeti Varshney and Maria Khan (2013) , “Rural Non-farm Employment in Post Reform Era” in the International Journal of Social Sciences & Interdisciplinary Research (IJSSIR) ; ISSN: 2277677X; Vol. 2, No.2, Apr.-June 2013; p-101-112.
19. Tarique, Md. & Sana Samreen (2013) , “Education, Equality and Women Empowerment: An Analysis” in the International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Business Environment Perspective (IJEBEP) ; A refereed quarterly journal; ISSN: 2279-0918; Vol. 2, No. 2,Apr.-June 2013; p-379-387.
20. Tarique, Md. (2012) , “Impact of Environment on Poverty and Sustainable Development”
in the International Academic Journal of Applied Economics (IAJAE) ; ISSN: 2229-564; Vol. 3, Nov.-2012; p-67-80.
21. Tarique, Md. (2012) , “Growth, Environment and Deforestation: A Study of Interdependence” in the International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics and Management (IJRCM) ; ISSN: 2231-4245; Vol. 2, Issue no. 1, January-2012; p-93-99.
22. Tarique, Md. (2012) ,“Impact of Economic Reforms on Agricultural Trade”in the book "Economic Reforms and Growth in India: Introspection and Future Agenda" edited by Prof. Abdul Wahab, Chairman, Deptt. ofEconomics, A.M.U. Aligarh, Published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany; ISBN-978-3-8473-1138-6, p-259-271.