Department of Conservative dentistry & Endodontics
Dr. Syed Mukhtar-Un-Nisar Andrabi
|Designation :||Assistant Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Root canal irrigation, Canal Disinfection, Post Endodontic Restoration|
|Address :||04- Sail Awantipora, Distt. Pulwama, Kashmir (J&K)|
|Email :||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
|Online :||Click here to View Video Lectures|
Dr. Syed Mukhtar-Un-Nisar Andrabi completed his B.D.S in the year 2007 and M.D.S in 2011, in the field of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics from DR. Z.A Dental College, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. He has a great interest in basic and clinical research in the field of endodontics. He has published papers in various national and international journals like Australian Endodontic Journal,Journal of Investigative and Clinical Dentistry,Singapore Dental journal, Iranian Endodontic Journal,journal of restorative Dentistry and Endodontics, Journal of Biology & Medicine, Guident, etc. He has authored and co-authored two books published by LAP-Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. Germany. He is currently working as an assistant professor of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics at DR. Z.A Dental College, A.M.U Aligarh.
1. Mental nerve paresthesia secondary to initiation of endodontic therapy: a case report. Andrabi Syed Mukhtar-Un-Nisar, Alam Sharique, Khan Masood Hasan, Kumar Ashok. Restorative dentistry & endodontics. Restor Dent Endod. 39(3): 215–219.
2. Effect of manual dynamic activation on smear layer removal efficacy of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid and SmearClear: An in vitro scanning electron microscopic study. Andrabi, S. M.-U.-N., Kumar, A., Mishra, S. K., Tewari, R. K., Alam, S. and Siddiqui, S. Australian Endodontic Journal 2013; 39: 131–136. (Pub med Indexed) (Impact factor 0.5)
3. Effect of passive ultrasonic irrigation and manual dynamic irrigation on smear layer removal from root canals in a closed apex in vitro model. Andrabi, Syed Mukhtar-Un-Nisar., Kumar, A., Zia, A. Iftekhar, H., Alam, S. and Siddiqui, S (2014). Journal of Investigative and Clinical Dentistry 5(3), 188-193.. doi: 10.1111/jicd.12033. (Pub med Indexed)
4. Retrieval of a separated nickel-titanium (NiTi) instrument from the mesiolingual canal of a mandibular first molar by a modified 18-guage needle and cyanoacrylate glue: a case report. Andrabi, Syed Mukhtar-Un-Nisar., Ashok Kumar, Huma Iftekhar, Sharique Alam. Restorative dentistry & endodontics, 2013, 38 (2), 93-97. (Pub med Indexed)
5. An In Vitro SEM Study on the Effectiveness of Smear Layer Removal of Four Different Irrigations. Andrabi Syed Mukhtar-Un-Nisar, Kumar A, Tewari R K, Mishra S K, Iftekhar H. Iranian Endodontic Journal. 2012, 7(4), 171-6. Epub 2012 Oct 13. (Pub med Indexed).
6. Double Dens Invaginatus with Multiple Canals in a Maxillary Central Incisor: Retreatment and Managing Complications. Asma Zoya, Sajid Ali, Sharique Alam, Rajendra K. Tewari, Surendra K. Mishra, Ashok Kumar, Syed Mukhtar-Un-Nisar Andrabi, (2015), Journal of Endodontics, Volume 41, Issue 11, 1927-1932,
7. Mechanical reduction of the intracanal Enterococcus faecalis population by Hyflex CM, K3XF, ProTaper Next, and two manual instrument systems: an in vitro comparative study. Tewari, R. K., Ali, S., Mishra, S. K., Kumar, A., Andrabi, S. M.-U.-N., Zoya, A. and Alam, S. (2014), Journal of Investigative and Clinical Dentistry. doi: 10.1111/jicd.12136.
8. Management of C-shaped root canal configuration with three different obturation systems. Elumalai D, Kumar A, Tewari RK, Mishra SK, Andrabi SM, Iftekhar H, Alam S . (2015), European Journal of General Dentistry. 2015 Jan 1;4(1):25.
9. Endodontic irrigant as a root conditioning agent: An in vitro scanning electron microscopic study evaluating the ability of MTAD to remove smear layer from periodontally affected root surfaces. Zia Afaf, Andrabi Syed Mukhtar-un-Nisar, Bey Afshan, Kumar Ashok, Fatima Zareen. Singapore Dental Journal, Volume 35, December 2014, Pages 47-52, ISSN 0377-5291, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.sdj.2014.04.002