Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
Prof. Sandhya Maheshwari
|Qualification :||BDS ,MDS (orthodontics).FICD.FWFO|
|Thrust Area :||Fixed orthodontics with implants,fixed functional appliance|
|Address :||professor ,Deptt of Orthodontics Dr .Z.A.Dental College,AMU,Aligarh|
|Email :||email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
PROF. SANDHYA MAHESHWARI MDS (orthodontics)
B.D.S. (1989) & MDS (1993) from Lucknow university
Professional Experience More than 21 years teaching & clinical experience in
Orthodontics.(from 1994 to persent)with 12 years as professor
- Designation and nature of Present post : Professor Z.A.Dental College, A.M.U.,
Now working as post graduate teacher & guiding post graduate thesis work
-Worked as Lecturer & Reader at Dental College, PT. B.D.S. PGIMS, Rohtak
-Distinguished Woman in Health and Medical Sciences by Venus international fondation on 3rd march 2018.
-Bharat excellence award certificate of achievement on 28th july19 by friendship forum
-Leading educationist of India award certificate of achievement on 28th july19 by friendship forum
-Best Indian Golden Personalities award 2019 by friendship forum
-Fellowship of Pierre Fauchard Academy 2013
-Fellowship of International college of Dentist(FICD)-2009
- Fellowship of world federation of orthodontics (WFO)-2010
- Best Paper award in Orthodontics presented at 53rd IDA conference (1999)
-Prof.K.P.Chaudhry Gold Medal for securing the highest no.of marks
-Vedavati Gold Medal for securing highest number of marks in BDS final year among girl students
Amar Kashyap Bhargava award for international college of Dentist(India section).
- A Pierre Fauschard Award in orthodontics from international college of Dentist (India section).
Membership of Various professional bodies:
Life Member of Indian Orthodontic Society , ISCLPCA, IDA
Publications 10 international & 46 national
Paper Presented: 8
Delivered a guest lecture at Orientation of Dental Surgeons
programme conducted by DGHS at Chandigarh in 1999.
Session chaired -10 at many international /national conferences
Conference Attended: International 6 National 20
Other Academic Activities:
Acted as elected member of University Court of M. D. University, Rohtak
Acted as member of academic council of Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
Acted as member of University Court of Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Prevalence of various dental diseases in school going children – A study of Haryana state. Journal of International College of Dentist 42:28, 1997
- comparative study of dentinogenesis imperfecta in different families of the same topographical region. International Journal of clinical pediatric Dentistry Dec 2009 vol 2 ,No3. pg 27-34
- Familial cleidocranial dysplasia case report International Journal of clinical pediatric Dentistry January-April 2010;3(1):19-23
- Treatment of class I malocclusion with closed bite using Lingual Braces: an esthetic alternative to Adult patients . Asian Journal of Oral health & allied sciences vol1 /4/oct-dec 2011
5. Computed Tomography Evaluation of Craniomandibular Articulation in Class II Division 1Malocclusion and Class I Normal Occlusion Subjects in North Indian Population International Scholarly Research Network ISRN Dentistry Volume 2012, , 1-5 pages
6. Treatment of classII malocclusion with noncompliance miniscrew implant supported distalization system .J.of World federation of Orthodontists 2012;1;79-86
7. A critical review of the management of deep overbite complicated by periodontal diseases. Eur J Gen Dent 2012; 1:2-5.
8. Modified fixed nanobite tandem appliance (MFNTA) for rapid correction of developing Class III malocclusion. Orthodontics (Chic.): The Art and practice of Dentofacial Enhancement 2013 Yearbook;14(1):e178-e185. doi: 10.11607/ortho.924 (PubMed Indexed, Specialty International J).
9. Impact Factor: use and misuse. Europ J Gen Dent 2013;2:86
10. A simple wire design to protect the gums during inter-proximal stripping. Dental Hypothesis (USA) 2013;4:26-27
11. Technique clinic chair side fabrication of a multipurpose power arm Journal of clinical orthodontics vol 47:No 9 pages (558) 2013
12.Letter to editor -Which is the future of the orthodontics – Journal of Orthodontic Research | Sep-Dec 2013 | Vol 1 | Issue 310.4103/2321-3825.123323
13. LETTER TO EDITOR: Personalized dentistry Sandhya Maheshwari, Sanjeev Kumar Verma, A Balamani, KC Prabhat European Journal of General Dentistry, Year 2014, Volume 3, Issue 1 [p. 85] DOI: 10.4103/2278-9626.126220
14. An interdisciplinary approach for the management of intrusive luxation: A case report. Accepted for publication in The Duke Orthopaedic Journal-2013
15.Soft tissue airway dimensions and craniocervical posture in subjects with different growth patternsThe Angle Orthodontist (Impact Factor: 1.18). 09/2014; DOI: 10.2319/042314-299..
16. An interdisciplinary management of severely resorbed maxillary anterior ridge complicated by traumatic bite using a ridge splitting technique Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology - Vol 19, Issue 1, Jan-Feb 2015
17 The inadequacy of in-vitro orthodontic bond strength testing in clinical application International Journal of Dental Science and Research
Volume 1, Issue 2 , Pages 54-57, May 2013
18 Treatment of Class I malocclusion with severe bimaxillary protrusion using miniscrew and periodontal periodontal distraction. The Journal of Indian Orthodontic Society 06/2014; 48(2):125-132. DOI: 10.5005/jp-journals-10021-1230.
19 Evaluation of Masseter Muscle Thickness and its relation with mandibular growth pattern: An Ultrasonographic Study The Journal of Indian Orthodontic Society 12/2014; 48(4):1-6.
20 Dental Anxiety and Pain Perception associated with the use of Miniscrew Implants for Orthodontics Anchorage The Journal of Indian Orthodontic Society 09/2014; 48(3):163-167.
21.The relevance of physico-chemical and diagnostic properties of saliva during orthodontic treatment : International Journal of Contemporary Dental and Medical Reviews (2014), Article ID 011014,1- 5
22 .Diagnosis and management of Facial asymmeteries : Journal of Orthodontic Research May-Aug 2015 /vol 3/issue 2 /1-7
23.Assessment of Maturity in Orthodontics: A Review :Journal of Advanced Clinical & Research Insights (2015), 2, 100–103
24 An interdisciplinary management of severely resorbed maxillary anterior ridge complicated by traumatic bite using a ridge splitting techniqueJournal of Indian Society of Periodontology - Vol 19, Issue 1, Jan-Feb 2015
25 Interdisciplinary Management Of Compound Odontoma : A Case Study : University J Dent Scie 2015; 1(1):1-2 ,68-71
26 Rapid Orthodontics :A Critical review: Gaur University J Dent Scie 2015; 1(1):1-2,35-38
27 Bracket Positioning :What is Ideal ? : University J Dent Scie 2015; 1(1):1-2,80-81
28. A dilemma in orthodontics: Extractions in borderline cases : Journal of Advanced Clinical & Research Insights (2015), 1, 36-39
29 Metal Hypersensitivity in Orthodontic Patients Journal of Dental Materials & Techniques 2015, june Volume 4, Number 2, ,111-114
30 Orthodontic management of a borderline case with ectopic maxillary canine by unilateral premolar extractions : contemporary Clinical Dentistry | Jan-Mar 2016 | Vol 7 | Issue 1
31 Interdisciplinary Management Of Compound Odontoma : A Case Study : Mahindra K Jindal , Ghulam S. Hashmi, Sandhya Maheshwari and Mohd. T Khan University J Dent Scie 2015; 1(1):1-2 ,68-71
32.Interdisciplinary management for restoration of function and esthetics in a patient with hereditary
33.Amelogenesis imperfecta Sushma Dhiman, Sandhya Maheshwari, Saba Khan Journal ofDental research & review2(1) 30-33 ,2015
34.Rapid Orthodontics :A Critical review: Sandhya Maheshwari, Sanjeev Kumar Verma, Mohd. Tariq, Aditi Gaur University J Dent Scie 2015; 1(1):1-2,35-38
35. Bracket Positioning :What is Ideal ? : Mohd Tariq, Arbab Anjum, Sanjeev Verma and Sandhya Maheshwari University J Dent Scie 2015; 1(1):1-2,80-81
36. Orthodontic management of a borderline case with ectopic maxillary canine by unilateral premolar extractions Aditi Gaur, Sandhya Maheshwari, Sanjeev Kumar Verma, Mohd. Tariq Contemporary Clinical Dentistry | Jan-Mar 2016 | Vol 7 | Issue 1 page 103
37.Correction of Class II malocclusion and soft tissue profile in an adult patient A Gaur, S Maheshwari, SK Verma - Contemporary Clinical Dentistry, 2016 Vol 7 | Issue 3 page 382
38.Crouzon syndrome: A comprehensive review and case report Aditi Gaur, Sandhya Maheshwari, Sanjeev Kumar Verma, Mohammad Tariq Journal of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences | Volume 6 | Issue 2 | April-June 2017
39.Detection of molecular biomarkers as a detection tool in the planning & progression of orthodontic treatment Aditi Gaur, Sandhya Maheshwari, Sanjeev Kumar Verma Journal of oral sciences 2017 vol 9, issue 2 , 80.
40.A case of Orthosurgical management of palatal canine using K-9 spring Aditi Gaur, Sandhya Maheshwari, Sanjeev Kumar Verma, Mohammad Tariq Indian Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Research 7/2017, vol 3, issue 3 ,182-185.
41 A systematic nutritional and dietary guideline for orthodontic and orthognathic surgery patients Sandhya Maheshwari Mohd. Tariq ,Aditi Gaur, Jiju M Indian Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Research 2017 vol 3, issue 3 ,136-140
42.Nonsurgical Correction of facial asymmetry and occlusal cant in a nongrowing female : a case reportAditi Gaur, Sandhya Maheshwari, Sanjeev Kumar Verma F.Mian Journal of Indian Orthodontic society7/2017,
43.Mini Implant Assisted Correction of a Skeletal Class II Malocclusion with Deep Overbite - A Case Report Sarah A*, Sandhya M, Tariq M and Saba K J Dental Sci 2018, 3(7): 000199.
44.MINISCREW IMPLANT SUPPORTED K-LOOP (MISK) SPRING FOR MOLAR DISTALIZATION Prabhat Kumar Chaudhari , Sandhya Maheshwari , Saba Khan , Om Prakash Kharbanda Sri Lankan Journal of Orthodontics 2018 vol 51, issue 3 ,185.
45. Orthodontic Correction of Class II Division 2 Malocclusion in an adult With Single Missing Incisor: Case Report Sarah Asif , Sandhya Maheshwari and Saba Khan ,Advances in Dentistry & Oral Health. 2019; 10(2): 555784, 1-4
46. ORTHODONTICS AND GUMMY SMILE , Sarah Asif , Sandhya Maheshwari and Mohammad Tariq Volume-8 | Issue-4 | April-2019 | PRINT ISSN No 2277 - 8179
47. Preprosthetic Orthodontics in an Adult with Multiple Anterior Edentulous Spaces and Loss of Vertical Dimension SANDHYA MAHESHWARI, N.D. GUPTA ,SHRADDHA RATHI, ADITI GAUR Journal of clinical Orthodontics VOLUME LII NUMBER 5
48 Mini Implant Assisted Correction of a Skeletal Class II Malocclusion with Deep Overbite - A Case Report Sarah A, Sandhya M, Tariq M and Saba K , Indian Journal of Dental Sciences 2018, 3(7)