Department of Statistics and Operations Research
Dr. Mohammad Azam Khan
|Designation :||Assistant Professor (Contractual)|
|Thrust Area :||Statistical Inference,Order Statistics, Distribution Theory|
|Address :||Department of Statistics and O.R.|
|Joining Date :||2018-08-01|
|Nature of association :||Contractual|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
I did my M.Sc. in 2011 from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, during this course I was awarded merit scholarship. Subsequently, I joined research and completed Ph. D. in 2016 under the supervision of Dr. R.U. Khan. Later, I joined as a Research Officer in the Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow from June 2017- July 2018. Now, I am working as an Assistant Professor in the department of Statistics and Operations Research, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh.
My area of research is Order Statistics, Records and Generalized Order Statistics. I have got published 12 research papers in international repute journals.
I have attended several International/ National conferences in India and presented research papers.
- Khan, R. U. and Khan M. A. (2015): Dual generalized order statistics from family of J-shaped distribution and its characterization. Journal of King Saud University-Science, 27, 285-291. Elsevier. (WOS, Scopus)
- Khan, R. U., A. Kulshreshtha and Khan, M.A. (2015): Relation for moments of k-th record values from exponential-Weibull lifetime distribution. J. Egypt. Math. Soc., 23, 558-562. Elsevier.(Scopus)
- Khan, R. U., Khan, M.A. and M.A.R. Khan (2017): Relations for Moments of Generalized Record Values from Additive Weibull Distribution and Associated Inference. Statistics, Optimization and Information Computing, 5, 127-136. (Scopus)
- Khan, M.A. and Nayabuddin (2018): On moments properties of generalized order statistics from Marshall-Olkin-extended general class of distribution. Journal of Statistical Theory and Application. (WOS)
- M.A. Khan and Richa Srivastava (2019): New Modified Weibull Distribution: Moment Properties and Bayes Analysis. Journal of Statistics Applications & Probability. (Scopus)
- B. Singh, R.U. Khan and M.A. Khan (2019): Characterization of q-Weibull Distributions based on Generalized Order Statistics. Journal of Statistics & Management Systems. Taylor & Francis.(WOS)
- B. Singh, R.U. Khan and M.A. Khan (2019): Exact Moments and Characterizations of the Weibull-Rayleigh Distribution based on Generalized Upper Record Statistics. Applied Mathematics E-Notes. (Scopus)
- Farrukh Jamal, Christophe Chesneau, M Nasir, Abdus Saboor, Emrah Altun, M. A. Khan (2019): On A Modified Burr XII Distribution Having Flexible Hazard Rate Shapes. Mathematica Slovaka. Springer. (WOS, Scopus)
- Khan, M.A. and Khan, R.U. (2016): Generalized upper record values from modified Makeham distribution and related inference. Journal of Statistics Applications & Probability, 5, 495-500. (Scopus)