Department of Statistics and Operations Research
Dr. Mohd. Arshad (EOL)
|Qualification :||Ph.D. (IIT Kanpur), CSIR NET-JRF|
|Designation :||Assistant Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Mathematical Statistics|
|Address :||Department of Statistics & Operations Research, AMU, Aligarh.|
|Email :||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Ph.D.(Statistics) from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
Thesis Title: Selection and Related Estimation Problems Involving Gamma and Exponential Populations (see: http://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.21035.49444).
Thesis Supervisor: Prof. Neeraj Misra.
Worked as (CSIR) JRF and SRF in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, IIT Kanpur from August 2009 to February 2014.
M.Sc. (Statistics), Gold Medalist, in 2006 from CSJM University Kanpur.
B.Sc. (Statistics, Mathematics, Physics) in 2004 from CSJM University Kanpur.
- Arshad, M. and Abdalghani, O. On estimating the location parameter of the selected exponential population under the LINEX loss function. Accepted in Brazilian Journal of Probability and Statistics. Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- Arshad, M. and Jamal, Q. A., 2019. Estimation of common scale parameter of several heterogeneous Pareto populations based on records. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions A: Science, 43 (5), 2315--2323. Springer
- Arshad, M. and Baklizi, A., 2019. Estimation of common location parameter of two exponential populations based on records. Communications in Statistics -- Theory and Methods, 48 (6), 1545--1552. Taylor & Francis
- Chanda, E., Arshad, M., Khaloua, A., Zhang, W., et al., 2018. An investigation of plasmodium falciparum malaria epidemic in Zambezi region of Namibia in 2016. Transaction of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene, 112 (12), 546--554. Oxford University Press
- Meena, K. R., Arshad, M. and Gangopadhyay, A., 2018. Estimating the parameter of selected uniform population under the squared log error loss function. Communications in Statistics -- Theory and Methods, 47 (7), 1679--1692. Taylor & Francis
- Arshad, M. and Misra, N., 2017. On estimating the scale parameter of the selected uniform population under the entropy loss function. Brazilian Journal of Probability and Statistics, 31 (2), 303-319. Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- Arshad, M. and Misra, N., 2016. Estimation after selection from exponential populations with unequal scale parameters. Statistical Papers, 57 (3), 605--621. Springer
- Arshad, M. and Misra, N., 2015. Selecting the exponential population having the larger guarantee time with unequal sample sizes. Communications in Statistics -- Theory and Methods, 44 (19), 4144--4171. Taylor & Francis
- Misra, N. and Arshad, M., 2014. Monotonicity of certain integrals involving gamma distributions and their applications in multiple comparisons. Statistics and Probability Letters, 85, 144--152. Elsevier
- Misra, N. and Arshad, M., 2014. Selecting the best of two gamma populations having unequal shape parameters. Statistical Methodology, 18, 41--63. Elsevier