Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr. Sajjad Abdur Rahman
|Designation :||Associate Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Management of Maxillofacial Trauma and Orthognathic Surgery|
|Address :||H. No. 51, Rainbow Roofs, Phase II, Behind FM Tower, Anooshaher Road, Aligarh 202122.|
|Email :||email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nature of association :||Regular|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
Dr Sajjad Abdur Rahman did his Bachelor of Dental Surgery from Z A Dental College of Aligarh Muslim University. He did his Master in Dental Surgery from Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Government Dental College, Calicut, Kerala in the year 2009. Both of these institutions are well established and very reputed training centre for higher education in dentistry.
He is in teaching profession since 2009, during which he has worked in various capacities like senior resident, senior lecturer and assistant professor. He is very enthusiastic about teaching and training undergraduate students and residents.
He is very efficient in performing various oral and maxillofacial surgical procedures with special interest in orthognathic surgeries and maxillofacial trauma. He has more than 6 publications to his credit in reputed journals.He is very regular in attending various conferences and workshops of his speciality and has presented more than 7 papers in national conferences. He always motivates his students to be compassionate, perseverant, gentle and polite to patients without getting personally involved.
- Sajjad A Rahman , Soumithran Chandrasala. When to suspect head injury or cervical spine injury in maxillofacial trauma. Dental Research Journal. 2014:11(3):336-44
- Lohit Arora, Siddharth Bhardwaj, Ghulam Sarwar Hashmi, Syed Fahad Anwar, Sajjad Abdur Rahman*. Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of Perpendicular Plating Versus Conventional Plating in Mandibular Symphysis Fracture. J. Maxillofac. Oral Surg. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12663-019-01244-7
- Sajjad Abdur Rahman, T Rahman, S S Ahmed, G S Hashmi. A clinical and radiological investigation of the use of dermal fat graft as an interpositional material in temporomandibular joint ankylosis surgery. Craniomaxillofacial Trauma and Reconstruction. 2019 .Accepted for publication
- Syed Sayeed Ahmed, Sajjad Abdur Rehman, Md. Kalim Ansari, Abid Ali Khan, Omar Farooq, Arshad Hafeez Khan. A comparative study on evaluation of role of 1.5 mm microplates and 2.0 mm standard miniplates in management of mandibular fractures using bite force as indicator of recommendation. Natl J Maxillofac Surg. 2016;7:39-44
- Afroz S, Rathi S, Rajput G, Rahman S A. Dental Esthetics and Its Impact on Psycho-Social Well-Being and Dental Self Confidence: A Campus Based Survey of North Indian University Students. J Indian Prosthodont Soc. 2013 Dec;13(4):455-60
- Ahmed SS, Ghassemi A, Rehman SA, Ansari MK. Forehead flap in maxillofacial surgery: Our experiences. Natl J Maxillofac Surg 2015;6:72-5
- Afroz S, Rahman SA, Rajawat I, Verma A K. Neutral zone and oral submucous fibrosis. Indian J Dent Res 2012;23:407-10
- Rahman T, Ahmed S, Rahman S. Decompression of Ludwig’s angina in a pregnant patient under bilateral superficial cervical plexus block. J Perioper Pract. 2019 Feb 27 doi/10.1177/1750458919834195
- Rahman T, Hashmi G, Ahmed S, Rahman S. Posttraumatic Lateral Dislocation of Mandibular Condyle: A Proposed New Classification with Report of 14 Dislocated Condyles. Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr. 2019 Jan 16; DOI/10.1055/s-0039-16777