Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
|Qualification :||BDS, MDS, PGDHHM|
|Designation :||Associate Professor|
|Thrust Area :||TMJ, Trauma, Tumor & Cancer|
|Address :||B-14, Medical Colony, AMU, Aligarh|
|Email :||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|Nature of association :||Regular|
More than 17 years teaching experience. Since 2014 onward working as Associate Professor, Dept. of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Z. A. Dental College, A.M.U., Aligarh.
Dr. Hashmi has graduated (BDS) from the Faculty of Dental Sciences, King Georges Medical University Lucknow, India. He has done MDS Master of Dental surgery (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery) from the same institution in 2003. Afterward he has done Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital & Health care Management in 2010 from Symbiosis Centre of Health Care, Pune. In the same year he had been awarded Young Scientist visiting fellowship by Council of Science & technology, Government of India to work in Head & Neck Oncology at TATA Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
Dr. Hashmi has special expertise in the surgical treatment of Maxillofacial Trauma patients including fractures of the Mandible, Maxilla, Zygoma, Orbital & Scalp bone. Temporo-mandibular Joint ankylosis. Benign & malignant tumors in the head and neck area, including tumors of the mandible, Maxilla & soft tissue. He has also served the department as a Chairperson from 30.10.2015-29.10.2018.
Since 2003, he has been regular teaching member of the department of the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Dr. Z. A. Dental College, Aligarh Muslim University. The teaching interest consists of the recent advances of the Maxillofacial Surgery. The dept. is one the best dept. in the field of Maxillofacial Surgery among the Government Dental institution in India. Members of the team work hard to become the institute as a centre of excellence.
British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Journal of Craniomaxillofacial trauma & reconstructions, International Journal of Rare Tumor, International journal of Pediatric Dentistry, International Journal of Medicine & Allied health science, Journal of Maxillofacial & Oral surgery, National Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Journal of current Neurobiology, Journal of Contemporary Clinical Dentistry, Journal of Indian society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Journal of Indian Dentist research & review, University Journal of dental Sciences, are few journals where paper is being published.
1. Best Researcher Award by VDGOOD Professional Association in the 1st international Scientist Awards on Engineering, Science and Medicine, held on 14-15 September, 2019 at Chennai, India
2. Excellent performance award by Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on 27-29 December, 2009
3. Awarded Young Scientist visiting fellowship (2010) by Council of Science & Technology, Government of India. Got training in Head & Neck oncology at TATA Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
4. Awarded Best Scientific Research paper Titled: Current Concept of Fibro Osseous lesions in 3rd UPAOMSI Conference held on 28th October, 2017 at King George Medical University, Lucknow
5. Certificate of honour by getting highest marks in BDS fist year, 1996 from KGMC
6. Editor-in-chief, ?THE CUSP? an official journal of Indian Dental Association.
7. Associate Editor, University Journal of Dental Sciences, AMU.
8. Editor in Chief, UPAOMSI, Lucknow.
9. Expert in Union Public Service Commission UPPSC, Allahabad
10. University Inspectors for Dental Courses
11. Examiners in various Universities like KGMU, Banaras Hindu University, Faizabad University, Ruhelkhand University, Agra University, Chaudhry Charan Singh University, Meerut, Kanpur University, NIMS university, Jaipur, Jamia Millia Islamia, Jaipur International University, University of Delhi etc.
SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS IN ACCREDITED JOURNALS
- Rubia Siddiqui, G.S.Hashmi, Prevalence of Depression in Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: A Cross-Sectional Study. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences. 2019; 18 (4): 81-85
- Rubia Siddiqui, Syed Sayeed Ahmed, Ghulam Sarwar Hashmi, Outcomes of Crevicular Incision on Periodontal Health When Used in Open Reduction and Internal Fixation in Case of Mandibular Fractures. Saudi Journal of Oral and Dental Research. 2019; 4(3): 140-145
- Rubia Siddiqui1, Ghulam Sarwar Hashmi, A Comparative Study on Evaluation of the Effect of Different Intraoral Incisions on Postoperative Outcome in the Management of Mandibular Fractures using Rigid Internal Fixation. Scholars Journal of Dental Sciences 2019; 6 (3): 121–128
- Tabishur Rahman, Ghulam Sarwar Hashmi, Posttraumatic Lateral Dislocation of Mandibular Condyle: A Proposed New Classification with Report of 14 Dislocated Condyles. Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr 2019;12(01):
- Rubia Siddiqui, Dr. G.S.Hashmi. A REVIEW OF TRANSFACIAL SURGICAL APPROACHES. International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews 2018;5(4)529-38
- Abdus Sami, GS Hashmi, Md Kalim Ansari, Tabishur Rahman, Ravirajsinh Aniruddhsinh Gohil. Extracapsular Dissection of Pleomorphic Adenoma of Hard Palate -An Unconventional Approach with Promising Result 2018;2 (12):23-25
- Md Kalim Ansari, Ghulam Sarwar Hashmi. Management of Odontogenic facial space infection in haemophilia patients: A proposed protocol
- Tabish Rahman, Ghulam Sarwar Hashmi. Oral cancer awareness in cancer capital of india: an insight. International Journal of Current Research 2018;10(02):65051-645054
- Rubia Siddiqui, Ghulam Sarwar Hashmi. Peripheral ossifying fibroma occurring in an edentulous patient: an unusual case report and a review of literature. University J Dent Scie 2017; No. 3, Vol. 2
- Rahman T, Hashmi GS., Trigeminal Neuralgia: Understanding the pathogenesis and review of treatment modalities. Am. J. PharmTech Res. 2016; 6(4).
- Ansari MK, Hashmi GS Dermoid cyst of floor of mouth- A case report. British Journal of Medical and Health Research 2016.
- Danish M, Hashmi GS. Unusual presentation of ossifying fibroma: a case report. Asian Pac. J. Health Sci., 2016; 3 (4):33-36.
- Ansari MK, Hashmi GS. Sentinel node biopsy: method and its role in squamous cell carcinoma of oral cavity. European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016; 3(11); 165-168.
- Rahman T, Hashmi GS. Parotid Gland Tuberculosis: A Clinical Rarity. Austin J Dent. 2016; 3(4): 1044.
- S.S.Ahmad, Hashmi GS. Efficacy of microplates in symphyseal fractures of mandible. Journal of maxillofacial & oral Surgery 2016;15(Suppi):27
- Niraj Mishra, Bhaskar Agrawal, Gulam Sarwar Hashmi. Evaluation of Intra-osseous Stability of Immediately Placed Implants into Infected Alveolar Socket. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences, Volume 15, Issue 8 Ver. V 2016; 15(8): 113-117
- Rubia Siddiqui, G S Hashmi. Iatrogenic fracture of mandible: review of literature with a case report. The Cusp;2016:14(1):29-31
- Ritesh Kumar, G S Hashmi. Meta Analysis of etiology and its clinical and radiological correlation in cases of Craniomaxillofacial trauma. J. Maxillofac. Oral Surg. 2016;15(1):862-66
- Tabishur Rahman , Ghulam Sarwar Hashmi. Traumatic superolateral dislocation of the mandibular condyle: case report and review. British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2015;1-3
- Tabishur Rahman, Ghulam S. Hashmi. Comparative study of detection of bacteremia after different oral surgical Procedures. Contemporary Clinical Dentistry.2015; 6(3):405-408
- Tabishur Rahman, Ghulam Sarwar Hashmi, Hena Ansari, “Trabecular variant of juvenile aggressive ossifying fibroma” International Journal of rare Tumor. 2015;7(2)87-88
- R Kumar, G S Hashmi, Adenomatoid Odontogenic Cyst of mandible: A Rare case Report. “ International Journal of Health sciences & Research” 2015;5(5)490-494
- T Rahman, SS Ahmed, G S Hashmi, SA Rahman, MK Ansari, “Current Indian scenario of pediatric and adolescent maxillofacial injuries” Asian Pac. J. Health Sci., 2015; 2(1): 89-94
- Rashmi Agarwal, Ghulam S Hashmi, “Unusually large submandibular epidermoid cyst-A case report” University Journal of Dental Sciences. 2015;1(1)48-50
- M K Jindal, G S Hashmi Interdisciplinary management of compound odontoma: a case study University Journal of Dental Sciences. 2015;1(1)68-71
- Shahla Khan, Ghulam S Hashmi Histology & function of Connective tissue, University Journal of Dental Sciences. 2015;1(1)28-34
- S Amjad, G. S. Hashmi “Peripheral Giant Cell Granuloma – A case report” International Journal of Medicine and Allied Science, 2014;1:39-42
- Ghulam S Hashmi, Syed S Ahmed, Shahla Khan, “Congenital Giant Melanocytic Nevi” International Journal of Rare Tumor, Italy, 2009, Vol. l, No.1, ep-9
- S. K. Mishra, M. K. Jindal, R. P. Singh, Thomas R. Stank, G. S. Hashmi, “Submerged and Impacted Permanent Molars- A Case Report“ International Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry” 2010;
- S. S. Ahmad, Afshan Bey, G. S. Hashmi, S. H. Hashmi, “Neurosensory deficit in cases of Zygomatic complex fractures” Journal of Current Neurobiology 2010; 1:,(1), 51-54
- M K Jindal, A N Faridi, G S Hashmi, M S Ahmad, “Odontodysplasia – A case report” Journal of Indian Dentist research & review 2008, vol. 3 No. 2, pp.57-58
- G S Hashmi, M K Jindal, S S Ahmad, “Cemento-Ossifying Fibroma – A rare case” Journal of Indian society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry 2008, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 128-131
- G S Hashmi, S Mohammad, S S Ahmad, “Calvarial Bone Graft and Iliac Crest in Cranio-Maxillofacial Region” Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery 2006; Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 13-16.
- G S Hashmi, S S Ahmad, “Adenomatoid Odontogenic Tumor – A Case Report” Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery 2006; Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 31-33.
- G S Hashmi, R Pradhan, S Mohammad, R K Singh, “New Treatment Approach in Neuralgia” Journal of the Indian Dental Association 2004; Vol. 75, No.6.
- S H Hashmi, S S Ahmad, Afshan Bey, G S Hashmi, “Osteopetrosis complicated in Osteomyelitis – A Case Report” Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery 2003; Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 26-30.
- G S Hashmi, R Pradhan, S Mohammad, R K Singh, “Use of Magnesia Phosphorica in Paroxysmal Trigeminal Neuralgia – A double blind study” Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery 2003; Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 60-63.
- G S Hashmi, S H Hashmi, s S Ahmad, “Sicca Complex: An unusual presentation” Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery 2005, Vol. 4: No.1, pp.31-32.
- G S Hashmi, S H Hashmi, S S Ahmad, “Oral Histoplasmosis – A Clinical variable” U.P. State Journal of I.D.A. 2005; Vol. 23: No. 4, pp. 70-73.
- G S Hashmi, S H Hashmi, S S Ahmad “Primary Sjogren Syndrome – A Case Report” U.P. State Journal of I.D.A. 2005; Vol. 25: No. 2, pp. 62-64.
- G S Hashmi, S H Hashmi, S S Ahmad “New Treatment Approach in Neuralgia” U.P. State Journal of 2004; Vol. 22: No. 3, pp.51-55.
- G. S. Hashmi, S.S. Ahmad, S. Kamran Habib “A case report of Lateral Neck Cyst” The Cusp (2011) Vol.8 (1) 26-28
- G S Hashmi, S S Ahmad, Shahla Khan, “Complex Odontogenic Infection – An Overview” Journal of I.D.A. Aligarh Branch 2006; Vol.3, No.1, pp.10-13.
- G S Hashmi, S S Ahmad, Shahla Khan, “Adenomatoid Odontogenic Tumor – A Case Report” Journal of I.D.A. Aligarh Branch 2006; Vol.3, No.1, pp.25-27.
- G S Hashmi, S S Ahmad, S H Hashmi, “Sialolithiasis – A Case of Report” Journal of I.D.A. Aligarh branch 2005; Vol. 2, pp.32-34.
- G S Hashmi, S S Ahmad, S H Hashmi “Bioresorbable Osteosynthesis – An update” Journal of I.D.A. Aligarh branch 2005; Vol.1 pp. 17-20.
- G S Hashmi, S H Hashmi, S S Ahmad, “Autogenous Calvarial Bone Graft: A Daunting Challenge” Journal of I.D.A. Aligarh Branch 2004; Vol.1: pp.19-20.
- Mohammad Nasiruddin, G. S. Hashmi, Irfan Ahmad Khan, “Pharmacovigilance: What? Why? and How?” The Cusp 2013;vol. 10(2)pp. 20-22
- Geeta Singh, Shadab Mohammad, G. S. Hashmi, Gagan Mehta, Kuldeep Vishwakarma, “Oral manifestation in a pancytopenic patient: a case report” The Cusp 2013;vol. 10(2)pp. 49-51
- Neeraj Kumar, G. S. Hashmi, Sanjeev Srivastava “Improved smile with simple minor surgical procedure and rehabilitation: a case report” The Cusp 2013;vol.10(1)pp. 48-49
- Mohd. Sabir, G. S. Hashmi, “Oral Health profile of School Children” The Cusp (2012) Vol.9 (1) 9-12
- Geeta Singh, Shadab Mohammad, G. S. Hashmi, “Presence of Accessory mental foramen, A rare anatomical variation- A case report” The Cusp (2012) Vol.9 (2)52-54
- Rashmi Agarwal, Nikhil Mehrotra, G. S. Hashmi, Ravishanker, “Oral Submucous Fibrosis- A Comparative Assessment of Surgical management using bilateral BFP & combination of BFP & tongue flap” The Cusp (2011) Vol.8 (2) 4-7
- S. Kamran Habib, G. S. Hashmi, “Inhibitation of propofol injection pain by use of Ondansetron: A study in Oral Surgical patients” The Cusp (2011) Vol.8 (2) 18-20
- S Kamran Habib, Qazi Ehsan Ali, G. S. Hashmi “Sugammadex: a new reversal agent for general anesthesia” The Cusp (2011)Vol.8 (1) 23-25
- Jitendra Rao, G S Hashmi, Kalpana Singh, Diagnostic Methods of Osteoporosis in Dentistry – A Review” Journal of I.D.A. 2009; Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 25-27
- S S Ahmad, Afshan Bey, S H Hashmi, G S Hashmi “Actinic Cheilitis – A Case Report” Journal of I.D.A. Aligarh Branch 2005; Vol. 2, pp.13-16.
- S S Ahmad, Afshan Bey, S H Hashmi, G S Hashmi, “Progeria – A Case Report of Rare Syndrome” Journal of I.D.A. Aligarh Branch 2005; Vol.1 pp.5-7.
- S S Ahmad, Afshan Bey, S H Hashmi, G S Hashmi, “Fatal Gingival Bleeding – Report of a case” Journal of I.D.A. Aligarh Branch 2004; Vol.1: No.1, pp.7-9.