Department of Psychiatry
Prof. Rakesh Kumar Gaur
|Qualification :||MMBS,MD (Psychiatry),Dip.Yoga,CCST (U.K.),CCPG (Australia)|
|Thrust Area :||Geriatric Psychiatry|
|Address :||97,M.I.G.Plot. Awantikka-I,Ram Ghat Road, Aligarh-202001|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
I am working as Professor in the Department of Psychiatry Faculty of Medicine AMU Aligarh. I completed my MBBS and MD(Psychiatry) training from Institute of Medical Sciences BHU Varanasi.My training in psychiatry have been approved by The Specialist Training Authority of The Medical Royal College of UK and they have issued me Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST).I am recipient of Sandoz Foundation for Gerontological Research Fellowship Award Switzerland. As a research fellow I worked at Academic Department of Psycho-Geriatric Prince Henry Hospital University of New South Wales Sydney Australia for one year. During my stay in Australia I completed a Course in Psycho-geriatric: "Clinical and Organizational Psychiatry of the Elderly" which was conducted by the Section in Psychiatry of Old Age The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrist at Melbourne Australia.
My area of interest is Geriatric Psychiatry. I have published more than 35 papers in various national and international journals. Some of the journal of repute are like Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging Section, Journal of Soc. Sci. Med. Great Britain and Indian Journal of Psychiatry.
1-R.K.Gaur & V.K.Bhat : Cerebral laterality in Schizopherenia, Indian Journal of Psychiatry 27 (i); 67-71 : 1985
2. Mitchell G.Weiss, S.D.Sharma, R.K.Gaur, J.S.Sharma, A.Desai & D.R.Doongaz: Traditional concept of Mental Disorder among Indian Psychiatric patients : Preliminary reports of work in progress Soc. Sci. Med.Vol 23 No.4 pp. 379-389 : 1986 printed in Great Britain.
3.N.Maheshwari, R.K.Gaur & V.Maheshwari : Neuro-Psychiatric manifestation in malaria. JAMS : U.P.Chapter 1 (2), 51-53 : 1988.
4. M.Sultana, A.Q.Siddiqui & R.K.Gaur : A method for eliminating anxiety for speeding vehicle : A case report Ind. J. Clin. Psychol. 15; 69-70, 1988.
5. R.K.Gaur & M.U.Rabbani ; Psychiatric profile of elderly patients : A study of 5 years cases. Current Medical practice, vol. 33 No.3 ; 78-80 : 1988.
6. M.U. Rabbani. S. Manazir Ali,R.K.Gaur, Z.Ansari & S.G. Tewari: Neuro-psychiatric manifestation in enteric fever in children ; JAMS; U.P.chapter 2 (1); 24-26; 1988
7. R.K.Gaur & V.K.Bhat: EEG pattern in Schizophrenia and affective disorder. Indian J.Behav. Sci 1 (1-2); 85-88 : 1991.
8. Perminder Sachdev, R.K.Gaur, Henry Brodaty, Alexandra Walker, Susan Meares, Deborah Koderose & Walter Haindl :Longitudinal study of cerebral blood flow in Alzheimerâ??s disease using single photon Emission Tomography, Psychiatry Research; Neuroimaging section 68; 133-141 :1997.
9. Rakesh Bhargava, D.K.Sharma, J.S. Chauhan, D.K.Pandey and R.K.Gaur :Role of Social and Psychological factors in drug default in patients of Pulmonary tuberculosis. The Indian Journal of Community Health. Vol.9 No.3; 49-52 : 1997.
10. R.K.Gaur, S.A.Azmi & Vipin Goyal :Life events and Ischaemic heart disease. Indian Journal of Behav. Sci. 8(1); 22-25 : 1997 & 1998.
11. M.Beg, R.K.Gaur, S.Afzal, S.Ahmad & N.Akhtar :A Study of Serum Prolactin and Cortisol in Seizure disorder,Indian Journal of Behav. Sci. ; 7(2) and 117 ; 30-34 : 1997 & 1998.
12. Asif Hasan, M.Beg, & R.K.Gaur :Etiological profile of patients presenting with dementia, Indian Journal of behav. Sci. 7(2) & 8 (1) ; 48-51 : 1997 & 1998.
13. Asif Hasan, M. Beg & R.K. Gaur : Effect of Anticonvulsive drug on lipid profile parameters in epileptic patients. Indian Journal of Behav. Sci. 7(2) & 8 (1); 60-64 : 1997 & 1998.
14. M. Beg, H.S.K han, S.Afzal, P. Alam, R.K. Gaur and J. Ahmad : A study of thyroid functions in patients on long term antiepileptic drug ; Indian Journal of Behav. Sci. 8(2) 9 (1) ; 60-62 ; 1998-1999.
15. M.Beg, S.A fzal, S. Ahmad, R.K. Gaur, J. Ahmad & H.S. Khan :Serum prolaction and Luteinising Hormones-Biological marker of Seizure Disorders; Indian Journal of Behav. Sci. 9(2) and 10 (1) 54-58; 1999-2000.
16. S.K., Pathak, R. K. Gaur, J.Saxena and P.N. Singh:Unipolar Depression and Serum Electrolytes; Indian J. Physiol. Pharmacol.; 44(4)503-505, 2000.
17. M.M. Haq, P.N. Singh, R.K. Gaur and M.M. Hossain ; Serum Cortisol and Dexamethasone Suppression Test with its Predictive Value In Unipolar Depression ; Ind. J. of Physiol. & allied Sci., Vol 57, P.No.90-95 ;2003
18. N.Akhtar, M. Beg & R.K. Gaur ; Premenstrual Syndrome - A Neglected Problem ;Indian Journal of Behavioural Scince ; Vol 13 (2) and Vol 14( 1) , 63-67 ; 2003.
19. Asif Hasan, R.K. Gaur & Shahbaz ahmad ; Clinical Profile of Cases of Poisoning in J.N. Medical College, Aligarh , UP ; Indian Journal of Behavioural Science ; Vol 13 (2) and Vol.14 (1) , 68-71 ; 2003.
20. Asif Hassan , R. K. Gaur , Wahid Khan, A study of delirium an acute coronary syndrome; Indian journal of Behavioural Sciences; vol 16 (2) and 17 (1)24-27 ,2007- 2008.
21. Nasir Mahmood, K. C. Gurnani, r. K. Gaur ,Jasim Mohammad ; Role of lamotrigine in management of Bipolar mood disorder patients with breakthrough depression; Indian journal of Behavioural Sciences; vol16(2) 17(1); 60-65, 2007-2008.
22. P. P. Singh and R.K. Gaur , Management of depression in children and adolescents, Indian journal of Behavioural Sciences; vol 18 (2) and 19 (1) 98-105, Oct 2008 and April 2009.
23. M. Beg, R.K. Gaur, P.P. Singh. W. Khan, Z. Ali, M.A.B. Patel ; coronary artery disease and depression ; Indian journal of Behavioural Sciences; vol 18(2) 19(1);93-97; 2008 -2009
24. R. K. Gaur, Taking psychiatry to the public â?? Impediments and suggestions; Indian journal of Behavioural Sciences; Vol; 19 (2) and 20 (1) , 4-14, 2009
25. R. K. Gaur and M. Amir Usmani , Guidelines on use of anti psychotic medications during pregnancy and lactation: women mental health , p 178-196., 2009
26. R. K. Gaur and M. Amir Usmani , Chronic daily headache : Approach and management; Indian Journal of Behavioral sciences; Vol. 20 (2), 11-23. 2010
27. R.K. Gaur M. Amir Usmani, Sheshank Gangwar Abid Rizvi; Prescription pattern of antipsychotic drugs at a tertiary care centre; Indian journal of Behavioural Sciences; vol 22(1) 28-33, 2012.
28. R.K. Gaur M. Amir Usmani, Sheshank Gangwar Abid Rizvi; Prescription pattern of antipsychotic drugs at a tertiary care centre; Indian journal of Behavioural Sciences; vol 22(1) 28-33, 2012.
29. Mohammad A. Usmani, R. K. Gaur, Suhail Ahmad Azmi ,Sheshank Gangwar (2012) Treatment of Transvestic Fetishism with Fluoxetine: Acase Report; Iran j, Psychiatry Behav Sci, Volume 6, Number 2
30. Farida Ahmad ,P.P. Singh ,Manoj, Anil Kumar, R. K. Gaur (2013) Drug Prescribing Pattern For Major Depressive Psychosis Patients In Geriatric Clinic Of A Teaching Hospital In Northern India ,International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences ,Volume-5
31. Mohammad A. Usmani, R. K. Gaur, N. Islam, M. Reyazuddin (2013) TNF-Î± and Bipolar Mood; Delhi Psychiatry; Journal vol 16 (2): 288
32. R. Safwl Sadia, Amir Ali, Najam, Rakesh K. Gaur, Mohammad A. Usmani (2014) Awareness and Public Knowledge about Cause of Depression: A Community based Study in Adult Population of Aligarh; Delhi Psychiatry Journal; vol 17 (2): 383.
33. R. Safwi Sadia, Amir Ali, Najam Khalique , Rakesh K. Gaur, Mohammad A. Usmani (2014) Awareness and Public Knowledge about Cause of Depression: A Community based Study in Adult Population of Aligarh; Delhi Psychiatry Journal; vol 17 (2): 383
34. Mohammed Reyazuddin, Abid Rizvi, Karrar Husain, Mohammad A. Usmani, Rakesh K. Gaur(2014)Neuro-Psychiatric profile of university students attending psychiatry outpatients department of a tertiary care centre ; AP J Psychological Medicine; vol15( 2): 217.
35. Mohammed Reyazuddin, Abid Rizvi, Rakesh K. Gaur, Mohammad A. Usmani (2014) Penile Self- amputation in a Epileptic Patient; Delhi Psychiatry Journal; vol 17 No 2: 496.
36. Reyazuddin M , Husain K, Ibrahim A, Usmani MA, Gaur RK, (2014) Acute Psychosis : An unusual presentation in Disseminated Neurocysticercosis ; SEAJCRR;3(6):1118-23
37. Rizvi A, Azmi SA, Siddiqui S, Reyazuddin, Singh PP, Usmani A, Gaur RK (2015) Clinical profile of patients attending community psychiatry clinic in rural area of Aligarh; Delhi Psychiatry Journal;18:(2).
38. Rizvi A, Gaur RK, Reyazuddin M, Usmani MA (2015) Comparative study of clinical profile and presumptive stressful life events in patients of psychogenic non epileptic seizure and epileptic seizure: A cross sectional study; Int J Res Med Sci;3:110-5
39. Sobia Ansari, Deoshree Akhouri, R.K Gaur (2016) Depression and Spiritual Experiences on Post Graduate Students: A Comparative Study Volume 3, (International Journal of Indian Psychology)
40. Shahnawaz Mushtaq, R. K. Gaur, Shravan Kumar (2017) Comparative study of family burden and life satisfaction among care givers of the patients with dementia and schizophrenia; International Journal of Academic Research and Development; Volume 2; Issue 6: 1081-1087
41. Shahnawaz Mushtaq, R.K. Gaur, Sarah Javed (2017) Effectiveness of Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy on Quality of Life, Life Satisfaction and Depression of Patients with HIV/AID; International Journal of Scientific Research; Vol 6 Issue 6, 407-410
42. Mushtaq Shahnawaz, Gaur Rakesh Kumar, Fatima Zeenat (2018) The Effectiveness of Brief Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy on Guilt Feelings of Dementia Caregivers; Asian Journal of MultidimensionalResearch; Vol. 7, Issue 7: 100-110
PUBLISHED IN SOUVENIR/ABSTRACT BOOK
43.V.K. Bhat & R.K. Gaur : EEG pattern in Schizophrenia and affective disorder, paper presented and published in abstract book, S24, VIIth. World Congress of the International College of Psycho-somatic Medicine ; Congress Centrum, Hamburg Germany, 1983.
44. M.G. Wasiss, R.K. Gaur, J.S. Sharma & A. Desai : A traditional concept of Mental Disorder among Indian Psychiatric patients. Paper presented and published in Abstract book, 2nd.International Conference on Traditional Asian Medicine, Surabaya, Indonesia, September 2-7, 1984.
45. Kumar, R.K. Gaur, J.S. Sharma & V.K. Bhat : Non-cerebral activity in EEG of Schizophrenic and affective disorder patients ; abstract book ; 38th. Annual Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society, January 3-5, 1986.
46 R.Kumar P.B.Behre, R.K.Gaur & D.Ram : Evaluation 0f EEG in child Guidance Clinic, Abstract book, 38th. Annual conference of Indian psychiatric Society, January 3-5, 1986.
47. M.Sultana, R.K.Gaur & P.Ahmad : Cognitive functions in anaemic children , Abstract book, 39th. Annual conference of Indian Psychiatric society, January 7-10, 1987.
48. S.Zafar, S.Z.Rehman, K.M. Amin, R.K.Gaur & Z.Ali : Controlled, Single Blind trial of a Compound Unani formulation in opiate and cannabis addiction, Abstract book, International Seminar on ILMUL ADVIA, October 19-21, 1990.
49. R.K. Gaur ; Management of Difficult Behaviour of Dementia, Souvenir : 19th. Annual Conference of Indian Psychiatric society- Central Zone, October 25-26, 1997.
50.. R. K. Gaur : Febrile Convulsions ; Souvenir; 24th Annual Conference of Indian psychiatric Society Central Zone; October 4-5;2002.
Ph.D. DEGREES AWARDED UNDER SUPERVISION
1. Ms. Sobia Ansari. “Study of cognitive functions and impairment in various areas of functioning among patients of mood disorders” 2018
2. Mr. Shahnawaz Mushtaq. “Study of psychological morbidity in caregivers of person with dementia and role of cognitive reframing” 2019