Department of Pathology
Prof. SAYEEDUL HASAN ARIF
|Qualification :||MD Pathology|
|Thrust Area :||Haematology, Blood Bank|
|Address :||Road No 05, Plot No 03 Iqra Colony Doharra, Aligarh|
|Joining Date :||1990-11-05|
|Nature of association :||Regular|
I, Dr. Sayeedul Hasan Arif, did MD (pathology) in 1991. Joined the Dept of Pathology, J. N. Medical College, AMU Aligarh (India) as demonstrator for three years and later joined central lab also known as Lab 21 as clinical pathologist in 1993 November for one and half years. Later, joined the Deparment as Lecturer in 1995, promoted to reader in 2004 and subsequently as Associate Professor in 2007. Later on joined as Professor in 2010 and presently working on the same post.I am also Incharge Blood Bank and also incharge of central investigation laboratory No 21 at present. I was member of Medical Education Unit in Faculty of Medicine since 2009 - 2014 and served Hospital in the capicity of DMS from 2011 - 2013 I was also warden of Hadi Hasan Hall from 1995 to 1998. My date of birth is 22/5/1961
During my studentship I intialy was NRSC from 1977 - 1983, Later I was staying in first Mohd Habib Hall from 1983 to 1986 then Hadi Hasan Hall from 1986 to 1991.
I joined as Provost Hadi Hasan Hall on 10th June 2017.
Sumbul W, Shankul J, Kafil A and Arif SH. Is NAT The Best Screening Modality Of Infectious Disease Seroprevalence in Modern Blood Banking? A Comparative Analysis between Chemiluminescence and ID-NAT in a Tertiary. Care Centre. Centre. Haematol Int J 2020, 4(1): 000151
- Saniyya Khan,Sayeedul Hasan Arif, Imrana Naseem. Interaction of aminophylline with photoilluminated riboflavin leads to ROS mediated macromolecular damage and cell death in benzopyrene induced mice lung carcinoma. Clinico – Biological interactions. 302 (2019); 135 – 142
- S. Khalid, M Khalid, BR Rashid and SH Arif Evaluation of the Nature of Thyroid Nodules by Duplex Ultrasound and Assessment of the Diagnostic Accuracy of TIRADS Classification. Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research 2018; 12 (7)
- Noora Saeed, Sayeedul Hasan Arif, A.R. Piyush,*, Aeman Khalid, Saima Khan. Analysis of macrocytosis in a tertiary care hospital of North India. Indian Journal of Pathology a nd Oncology, January - March, 2019 ;6(1): 25 - 27
- Abdur Rahmana, Shahab F. Hashmia, Syed A. Hasan, Sayeedul H. Arif. Role of septoplasty in reducing the incidence of comorbidities associated with elevated levels of mean platelet volume. The Egyptian J. of Otolaryngology 2016, 32:156–160.
- Joydeep Paul, Mohammad Nasiruddin, Rahat Ali Khan, Saydeeul Hasan Arif. PROTECTIVE ROLE OF NIGELLA SATIVA OIL IN ISONIAZID INDUCED HEPATOTOXICITY IN RATS. ejpmr, 2016,3(10), 307-312
- Kafil Akhtar, Mohd Rafey, Arif SH, Afzal Anees. Tuberculosis of the Lip: An Interesting Case Presentation. MOJ Clin Med Case Rep 2016, 5(4): 00141
- Suhailur Rehman, Sayeedul Hasan Arif, Noora Saeed, Nausheen Sanaullah khan, Aaliya Ehsan and Sana Siddiqui. Trends in Seroprevalence of Malaria among Blood Donors in a North IndianTertiary Health Care Centre: Importance of Prevention of Transfusion-Transmissible Malaria. Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci (2015) Special Issue-1: xx-xx
- Sayeedul Hasan Arif, Shagufta Qadri*, Kafil Akhtar, Suhailur Rehman. Incidental detection of Hemoglobin C trait in a 7 year male child. The Journal for Haematology. Photon 104 (2015) 147-150 (Willaim Harvey Award - 2015)
- Suhailur Rehman1, Sayeedul Hasan Arif, Ghazala Mehdi, Sadaf Mirza, Noora Saeed and Faraz Yusuf. The Evaluation of Blood Donor Deferral Causes: A Tertiary Care Centre-based Study; J Blood Disorders Transf 2012, 3:5 http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2155-9864.1000131. ISSN - 2155 - 9864 Index Copernicus value – 4.96
- Ansari, M. Mehdi, G. Arif S. H., Ansari H, and Khan T, Smear Patterns and Spectrum of Premalignant and Malignant Cervical Epithelial Lesions in Postmenopausal Indian Women: A Hospital-Based Study; Diagnostic Cytopathology; Volume 40, Issue 11, pages 976–983, November 2012, published online : 28 APR 2011 - DOI: 10.1002/dc.21708: ISSN - 8755-1039, IF – 2011 – 1.016
- Elham A.M. El-Feky, S.H. Arif; A Study of Hematological Profile During the Outbreak of Acinetobacter Baumannii bacteremia in Neonatal Ward in Pediatrics Hospital in Saudi Arabia; Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 5(9): 747-754, 2011, ISSN: 1991-8178: H index – 7
- S. H. Arif, Khaliqur Rahman, Mohammad Khalid, Mohd. Jaseem Hassan,, S. M. Danish Qaseem, Md. Fakhrul Huda : “Epithelioid cell cluster in cerebrospinal fluid: An unusual finding in tubercular meningitis” – Diagnostic Cytopathology: DOI - 10.1002/dc.21076; Vol 37, No 8; 2009, ISSN: 8755-1039 Impact factor 2011 – 1.016
- Arif SH, Sufian Zaheer: “Intradural extramedullary primary Hydatid Cyst of spine in a child: a very rare presentation”; European Spine Journal; DOI 10.1007/s00586-008-0777-8; 2009 ISSN: 1432-0932 (electronic version) Impact factor – 1.965 – citation - 24
- Sayeedul Hasan Arif, Neha Yadav, Suhailur Rehman,, Ghazala Mehdi. Study of Hemolysis During Storage of Blood in the Blood Bank of a Tertiary Health Care Centre. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus. 2017 Dec; 33(4): 598–602; DOI 10.1007/s12288-016-0769-5, Published online 24th Dec. 2016.
- Kafil Akhtar, Murad Ahmad, S. H. Arif, Ghazala Mehdi, & Rana Sherwani; Seroprevalance of Hepatitis B in blood donors in Western Uttar Pradesh – An alarming trend with 5 years experience. J of pure and applied microbiology, Oct 2012, vol 6 (Supp edi) p 117– 120. ISSN: 0973 – 7510 Impact factor – 0.065
- Kafil Akhtar, S. H. Arif, Ghazala Mehdi, Rana Sherwani, Veena maheshwari, & Nazma Haider; Prevalance of HIV in blood donors in western Uttar Pradesh – A 5 years experience. J of pure and applied microbiology, Oct 2012, vol 6 (Supp edi) p 79 – 81. ISSN: 0973 – 7510 Impact factor – 0.065
- S. H. Arif, I Ahmad, S. M. Ali & H. M. Khan; Thrombocytopenia and bacterial sepsis in neonates; Indian J of Hematology & Blood Transfusion: 2012; 28 (3): 147 – 151; DOI 10.1007/s12288-011-0118-7
- SH Hashmi, Syed S Ahmed, S Parveen, Sayeedul Hasan Arif; Metastatic adenocarcinoma of the mandible—a rare entity; Journal of Oral Biology and Craniofacial Research 2011 December, Volume 1, Number 1; pp. 44–46, ISSN: 2212-4268
- S. H. Arif, Mohd Jaseem Ahmad, Manu Jain, A. K. Verma & M. Naim; Role of Imprint Cytology In Diagnosis of Lymphnode lesions; Indian Medical Gazette; Oct. 2011, Vol CXLV, No 10, PP 385 – 390; ISSN - 0019-5863 Impact factor in 2011 – 1
- Nitin Ranjan, SAtyendra K Singh & S. H. Arif; Basisquamous carcinoma in an Indian patient with occulocutanous albinism: Indian J of dermatology: 2009:54:54:S63 – 65: ISSN: Print - 0019 - 5154, Online - 19983 - 611 H index – 6, citation – 4