Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Prof. Nishat Akhtar
|Qualification :||MD Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|Thrust Area :||Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|Address :||4/890 B-2, Shaukat Manzil Dodhpur Aligarh|
I am working as Professor in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, JN Medical, College, AMU, Aligarh. After completing my graduation (MBBS) and post-graduation (DGO, MD Obs. & Gynae.) from this institution, I was appointed as Assistant professor in the same Department. . My life till date traces rich experiences. Effective Emergency Obstetric Care
(EOC) especially in resource poor settings has been my priority. My thrust areas are high risk pregnancy and Gynaecological oncology.
I have taken specialized trainings namely Ian Donald Diploma Ultrasonography in Obs. & Gynae., NACO UNICEF PPTCT training at Grand Medical College and Sir J.J. Medical College Mumbai, Trainers of Trainees (TOT) for PPIUCD Training at Safdarjung Hospital New Delhi, Laproscopic Tubal Ligation Training Lucknow, NACO Training for specialist for HIV care & treatment, Kolkata etc. I have supervised more than 20 MS/MD Thesis and have 50 Research Papers in various National / International Journals of repute to my credit. I have been an active participant as Guest Speaker, Panelist and Chairperson in various conferences/ Workshops/ CME/Training Programs held across the country. I have the privilege to organise IInd MID TERM CME of UP Chapter OBGYN at my alma mater and various other Workshops and CMEs from time to time. I am a proud FOGSI fellow and have membership of various learned bodies like National Association for Reproductive and Child health of India (NARCHI), Federation of Obs. & Gynaecological Society of India (FOGSI), Indian Medical Association & Pharmacovigilance Society of India.
Apart from my duties as a clinician & surgeon I am involved with teaching with equal vigour. Inspired by what celebrated physiologist William Harwey said - I profess to learn and to teach anatomy not from books but from dissections, not from the tenets of Philosophers but from the fabric of Nature- I give high impetus on improvising continuously on the techniques of medical education and training. PowerPoint presentations , OSCE, 3D models, animations, classroom demonstrations is what I employ to make learning more effective. Cultivating Medical Ethics, emphasizing the importance of Evidence Based Medicine in young minds, and providing skills and hands-on-training is what I wish to achieve as a teacher. I have a flexible approach to work and espouse team effort in approaching disease prevention and management.
- Nazli Tarannum and Nishat Akhtar, Utility of paperless partogram in labor management, International Journal of Reproduction, contraception, obstractics and Gynecology, Vol. 09 Issue 3 pp1045 to 1049 March 2020
- Nazli Tarannum and Nishat Akhtar, Hyperreactive leuteinal: benign tumour associate with pregnancy mimiking ovarian malignancy, International Journal of Reproduction, contraception, obstractics and Gynecology, Vol. 9, Issue 2 Feb 2020
- Nishat Akhtar and Nazli Tarannum, Paperless Partogram- A sample and Acceptable alternative to WHO Modified partograph in Resource poor setting, International Journal of Current Research, Vol 12, Issue 01, pp9895-9899, January 2020
- Roy Bhramita, Sabzposh Noor Afsahn, Nishat Akhtar , Intrvenous Iron Sucrose and Ferric Carboxymaltose (FCM) Versus oral iron in the treatment on postpartum iron deficiency Anamia, International Journal of Science and research ISSN P-1558-1562 Vol. 7 Issue 3 March 2018
- Nasreen Noor, Nishat Akhter, Neha Gaur, Psuedosarcomatous fibroepithelial Polyp mimicking Carcinoma Cervix- Clinical Dilemma, Scholars Journal of Medical Case Reports 2015 3(8A) 735-737
- Nishat Akhtar, Nasreen Noor, Monali Pawar, Mermaid and its association with single umbilical Artery: Review of Literature, International Journal of Health Science and Research 2015
- D. Mohana Priya, Nishat Akhtar, and Jamal Ahmad, Prevalence of hypothyroidism in infertile women and evaluation of response of treatment for hypothyroidism on infertility, Indian Journal of Endocrinology and metabolism, 2015
- Tripti Sharma, Najmul Islam, Jamal Ahmad, Nishat Akhtar, Mujahid Beg; Correlation between bone mineral density and oxidative stress in postmenopausal women, Indian Journal of Endocrinology and metabolism 2015
- Neha Jain, Nishat Akhtar, A study to compare the efficacy, safety & outcome of immediate postpartum intrauterine contraceptive Device (PPIUCD) with that of delayed insertion; International Journal of science and research 2015
- S. Singh, Nishat Akhtar, j. hmad,; Plasma adiponectin levels in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: Impact of Metformin treatment in acase control study. Vol. 6 pp 382-386 Clinical research and Review 2012
- F.Naz, S Jyoti, N. Akhtar, M. Afzal, and Y.H. Siddique, Genotoxin damage in Cultural human peripheral blood lymphocytes of oral contraceptive users 13- 301-305 Egyptian J. of Medical Human Genetics 2012.
- F.Naz, S Jyoti, N. Akhtar, M. Afzal, and Y.H. Siddique Lipid profile of women using oral contraceptive pills, 15 (9): 947-950 Pakistan J. of Biological Sciences. 2012
- Shaheen, Imam Bano, Nishat Akhtar, Farah Ziya, Bushra Naheed. A Case Report- Obstruction of labour by an ovarian cyst: A case report. Biomedical Research, 2011; 22(4): 521-522.
- Mateen A.B. Patel, Mujahid Beg, Nishat Akhtar, Jamal Ahmad, Khalid J. Farooqui: Serum Calcium, Vitamin D and Parathysoid Hormone Relationship among Diabetic and non-Diabetic Pregnant Women and their neonates, 2010.