Department of Surgery
Prof. Syed Amjad Ali Rizvi
|Qualification :||M.S.,FRCS (Edin),UK, FACS USA, MBA (Hosp Adm)|
|Thrust Area :||Laparoscopic Surgery|
|Address :||4/167, Aligarh Hospital, Kela Nagar Crossing, Aligarh-202001.|
Passed MBBS from J. N. Medical College, A.M.U., Aligarh in 1984 and M.S. General Surgery in 1988 from the same college. In 1997 did F.RC.S. from Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, U.K. In 2002 did M.B.A. Hospital Administration from North York, Canada. awarded D.Sc.(Gastroenterology)in 2008. He has worked as specialist General Surgery in Ministry of Health of Oman for one year and Saudia Arabia for nine years.Presently working as Professor in the Department of General Surgery, J. N. Medical College, AMU, Aligarh.Published about 50 papers national and international papers. He has written a book titled "Common bile duct exploration : Experiences and a study", published by Lambert Academic Publishing - 2011, His main interest is in laparoscopic Surgery. He started Laparoscopy Surgery at JNMC, AMU, Aligarh in 2002 and since then it it is being done regularly. He has been supervisor in many thesis and has been the examiner of MS, MBBS, BDS courses.
He is Fellow of American College of Surgeons (ACS), fellow of International College of Laparoscopic Surgery (ICLS), member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), member of Society of Endoscopy and Laparoscopic Surgery India (SELSI), and member of India Hernia Society (IHS).
MCI Inspector for undergraduate and post graduate courses since 2015
- Shahbaz Habib Faridi, Rahil Rafiqand Syed Amjad Ali Rizvi. Primary Muscular Cystic Echinococcosis: A Rare Case Report. Open Access J Surg 2(2): OAJS.MS.ID555584 (2017)
- Syed Amjad Ali Rizvi, Mohamad Azfar. Pancreatic Carcinoma: An Overview. OAJS Juniper Publishers Jan, 2017
- Wasif Mohd Ali, Zaid Imbisat, Syed Amjad Ali Rizvi, Atia Zaka-ur-Rab. Incidental Carcinoma Gallbladder: Presenting As Metastatic Satellite Nodules in Anterior Abdominal Wall - A Rare Case Report. Adv Res Gastroentero Hepatol 2017; 3(3): 555613. DOI: 10.19080/ARGH.2017.03.555613.
- Application of 0.125% bupivacaine with tramadol around gall bladder bed for pain relief after laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Aslam Jamal, Hammad Usmani, Mohd. Mozaffar Khan, Amjad Ali Rizvi, Mohd. Masood Hussain Siddiqui, Mohammad Aslam. Journal of Anaesthesiology Clinical Pharmacology, 2016; 31 (4): 1-5.
- Ahmed M, Zaka-ur-Rab A, Rizvi SAA, Akhtar K, Ali WM, Alam P. A paradigm shift in clinicopathological profile of carcinoma breast amongst North Indian women. Journal of Carcinogenesis. (a publication of Carcinomics Society, USA) 2016; 15: S 71 (Abstract)
- Ali WM, Ansari, MM, Rizvi SAA, Rabb AZ, Mansoor T, Harris SH, Akhtar, MS. Ten-Year Experience of Managing Giant Duodenal Ulcer Perforations with Triple Tube Ostomy at Tertiary Hospital of North India. Indian Journal of Surgery, 2016 DOI: 10.1007/s12262-016-1538-2
- Ali WM, Ansari MM, Ali Rizvi SAA, Zaka-ur-Rab A. Neglected Supra Pubic Catheter Harbinger of Bladder Calculi: A Case Report. Surgical Chronicles. (a publication of Surgical Society of Northern Greece) 2014; 19(4): 207-8.
- An evolution of current management of common bile duct stones. Surgical clinics of India, 2012; 1(2)
- Isolated tubercular scaphoid osteomyelitis : A case report. Orthopaedic Surgery (2012) Vol.4 no. 1, 64-66.
- Role of colour Doppler ultrasonography in evolution of Scrotal swellings.Urology Journal Vol-8 no. 1, 2011, 61-66.
- Persistent port sinus after laparoscopic cholecystectomy ; watch out for Gall bladder Tuberculosis. Hepatobiliarypancreat Dis. Internet Vol-9, no. 6 Dec. 2010, 570-572.
- Hurthle cell adenoma, as an incidental finding in hashimoto’s thyroiditis – case Report and short review of literature. Internet Journal of Pathology2009, Vol-8, No. 1.