Department of Surgery
Dr. Mohd. Sadik Akhtar
|Qualification :||MS, DNB|
|Designation :||Associate Professor|
|Thrust Area :|
|Address :||Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery|
|Nature of association :||Regular|
I completed my masterÔ??s in general surgery from JNMC, AMU in2006. I then joined as a surgical registrar at PGIMER Chandigarh and worked for three years till January 2010. I joined department of surgery JN Medical College AMU Aligarh as assistant professor in 2010 and passed DNB exam in 2012.My special areas of interest is gastro-surgery and hepato-biliary surgery including surgery for portal hypertension .I am passionate about teaching and have keen interest in carrying out research in these subjects. I have published papers in national and international journals like Indian journal of surgery, Indian journal of endocrinology, Indian journal of chest diseases and allied sciences, International journal of case reports and imaging among others. Presently I am working as assistant professor in the department of surgery. I am a consultant surgeon looking after Upper GI Surgery Specialty Clinic with Prof. M.H. Raza.
- Role of seton versus conventional techniques in the management of anorectal fistulas. Mohammad Sadik Akhtar, Sheikh Saif Alim,
Mohammad Habib Raza, Wasif Mohammad Ali. Int Surg J. 2020 Jul;7(7)
- Desarda’s versus Lichtenstein technique of inguinal hernia repair: a
comparative study. Mohammad Sadik Akhtar, Suraj Kant Mani, Yasir
Alvi, Parveg Alam, Syed Amzad Ali Rizvi, Mohammad Habib Raza. Int
Surg J. 2019 Oct;6(10) :3719-3726.
- A study of factors determining difficult surgery among patients undergoing
lapraroscopic cholecystectomy. Mohhamad Sadik Akhtar, Parwez Alam,
Yasir Alvi, Syed Amjad Ali Rizvi, Mohhmad Habib Raza. Int Surg J. 2019
- Laproscopic Transabdominal Preperitoneal Versus Open Mesh Lichtenstein
Repair Of Inguinal Hernia : A Comparative Analysis Mohammad Sadik
Akhtar., Ali W.M., Khan TA et al. Int J Med Res Rev 2016;4(7):1199-1206.
- Index Admission Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy for Gall Stone Pancreatitis.
M Sadik Akhtar, WM Ali, TA Khan et al. Ann. Int. Med. Den. Res.
2016;2(2):148-52. (Index Copernicus, index medicus)
- Is Mannheim Peritonitis Index Needed in Perforation Peritonitis?. Sadiq
Husain, Mohammad Habib Raza and Sadik Akhtar. Enliven: Surg
Transplant. 2020 August;7(1): 001.
- Ten-Year Experience of Managing Giant Duodenal Ulcer Perforations with
Triple Tube Ostomy at Tertiary Hospital of North India. Wasif Mohammad
Ali, MM Ansari, Syed Amjad Ali Rizvi, A.Z. Rabb, Tariq mansoor, Syed
Hassan Harris & Mohd Sadiq Akhtar. Indian J Surg 2018 Feb;80 :9-13.
- GIANT LIPOMA OF THIGH- A RARE CASE REPORT AND REVIEW
OF LITERATURE. Sheikh Saif Alim and Mohammad Sadik Akhtar.
International Journal of Current Advanced Research 2019 Jan ,Volume 8;
Issue 01(A); 16755-16757.
- Successful management of suicidal cut throat injury with internal jugular
,tracheal and esophageal transection: A case report. Naqvi Sayyed, E.H.,
Akhtar Sadik, Beg M.H.,Haseen Azam, Raza Nadeem, Ali Eram. Trauma
Case Reports 2018 Feb;13 :30-34.
- Primary Enterolith in a Patient with Intestinal Tuberculosis: A Case Report.
Raza MH, Finan R, Akhtar S, Ahmad M. Iran J Med Sci.2016
Nov;41(6):552-556. PMID: 27853338;PMCID: PMC5106573.
- A clinical and microbiological study of diabetic foot patients at JNMC, AMU, Aligarh. M Ahmad, MH Raza, M Sadik Akhtar et al. SURGERY (UP Chapter ASI). 2013; 26( 31): 32-37
- Prolapse of small bowel through vaginal introitus following illegal abortion: a case report. M Ahmad, M H Raza, M Sadik Akhtar. surgery 2014, (UP Chapter ASI) Vol 27, issue 32, 2014: 46-7
- Gastro intestinal lymphoma. MH Raza, M Sadik Akhtar. Upasicon 2014, nov14-16, 2014
- Omphalolith a cause of peritonitis: A case report. M Ahmad, MH Raza, M Sadik Akhtar et al. SURGERY (UP Chapter ASI) 2015; 30(34): 33-35 ISSN: 0970-5716
- An unusual cause of toe necrosis. MS Bandhawar, M Sadik Akhtar, A Behera et al. Indian J Endocr Metab 2013;17:160-2(Index Copernicus, Pubmed Central, SCOPUS)
- Cholecystopyloric fistula with gastric outlet obstruction- a rare form of gall stone ileus and its management. Surgery2013:vol-25 30, 2013 ;40 42
- Radiological Quiz, pseudopancreatic cyst with chronic pancreatitis, Surgery 2013, Vol 25(30): 46-47.
- Trichobezor in a young women: A case report. MH Raza, M Sadik Akhtar, M Ahmad et al. SURGERY (UP Chapter ASI). 2013; 26: 32-37
- Forecast of difficult laparoscopic cholecystectomy by sonography. SA Rizvi, SA Ali, M Sadik Akhtar et al. Bio Medical Research 2012 Vol. 23, Issue 3, 425-429.( Scopus, Excerpta medica , EMBASE, J-Gate)
- An evolution of current management of common bile duct stones. SA Rizvi, SA Ali, M Sadik Akhtar et al. Surgical clinics of India, 2012; 1(2)
- Comparison of Ramosetron and Ondansetron for control of postoperative nausea and vomiting following laparoscopic cholecystectomy. MM Ansari, OA Siddiqui, S Haleem, R Varshney, M Sadik Akhtar et al. Indian J Med Sci 2010;64:272-80(Index Copernicus, , Pubmed Central ,SCOPUS)
- Radiological Quiz, splenic abscess Surgery, 2012 Vol-24, 29; 2012: 46-47
- Post-traumatic Synchronous Twin Inter-muscular Abdominal and Diaphragmatic Hernias: A Rare Presentation. M Sadik Akhtar, MH Beg, SA Ali et al. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci. 2012 Jul-Sep;54(3):193-5(Index Medicus, Medline)
- Isolated traumatic giant diaphragmatic hernia mimicking a haemopneumothorax: a report of two cases. M Sadik Akhtar, MH Beg, A Kumar. The Indian Journal of Chest Diseases & Allied Sciences. 2012;54:259–326(Index Medicus, Medline)
- Isolated hydatid cyst of the breast- a case report. NI Kamali, MH Raza, AZ Rab, M Sadik Akhtar. Indian J Surg (pubmed central)
- Use of bone-cutter to tackle a frozen lead: a novel technique. M Sadik Akhtar Indian J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2012 28:276–2779 (SCOPUS, Google Scholar, IndMed, SCImago)
- Cold abscess neck with Horner’s syndrome - a rare entity. Mohd Azam
Haseen, Mohammad Hanif Beg, M Sadik Akhtar et al. Indian Journal of
Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery (SCOPUS, Google Scholar, IndMed,
- Unsuspected wooden foreign body of lung parenchyma masquerading
pulmonary tuberculosis: A rare surgical entity. M Sadik Akhtar,,
Mohammad Hanif Beg, Manoj Khurana. International Journal of Case
Reports and Images, Vol. 3 No. 1 0, October 2012. ISSN – [0976-31 98].