Department of Geography
Dr. Md Naiyer Zaidy
|Qualification :||M.A., Ph.D.|
|Designation :||Assistant Professor (Contractual)|
|Thrust Area :||Regional / Rural Studies & Food and Nutrition Security|
|Address :||Department of Geography, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh|
|Joining Date :||2019-07-31|
|Nature of association :||Contractual|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
|Online :||Click here to View Video Lectures|
Md Naiyer Zaidy is an Assistant Professor (Contractual) in the Department of Geography, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. He obtained his M.A. and Ph.D. degree in Geography from Aligarh Muslim University. He is also in the final stage of his Postdoctoral work submission. Moreover, he qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC. Dr. Zaidy has a great commitment in teaching and research. His fields of specialization are Rural/Regional Studies, Food & Nutrition Security and Health Geography. He has published more than fifteen research papers on different themes of human geography. He has also published a research book i.e. Shadow of Food Insecurity in Drylands. Moreover, he has attended twenty three international and national conferences / seminars and presented papers on the different aspects of geography. Dr. Zaidy participated in several workshops and training programmes related with research methodology, statistical techniques, GIS and Remote Sensing. He holds the membership of three academic bodies (GAG, Goa; KGA, Maharashtra and AG, Bihar & Jharkhand).
- Zaidy M N and Ahmad S N (2019) Determinants of Household Food Insecurity: Evidence from Dry Indian Villages [Communicated] Asian Geographer
- Zaidy M N and Ahmad S N (2018) Dietary Diversity and Food Consumption Pattern in Drought Prone Region: A Case of Developing India. Asian Profile, Canada, Vol.46 (4), pp.391-403, ISSN No. 0304-8675.
- Zaidy M N and Alam M (2017) A Regional Analysis of Urbanization and Urban Housing with Modern Household Amenities and Assets in Bihar, India. Asian Profile, Canada, Vol. 45(3), pp. 261-273, ISSN No. 0304-8675.
- Ahmad S N and Zaidy M N (2016) The State of Household Food Insecurity in Bundelkhand Region: A Case Study of Hamirpur District of Uttar Pradesh, The Geographer, Vol.63 (2), pp. 17-29, ISSN No. 0072-0909.
- Zaidy M N and Shamshad (2014) A Geographical Analysis of Land Use and Level of Socio-Economic Development in Hamirpur District, U.P. The Goa Geographer, Vol. XI (1), pp. 116-129, ISSN No. 0976-786X.
- Shadow of Food Insecurity in Drylands – Academic Publication, Sonia Vihar, Delhi. ISBN: 978-93-83931-87-3
- Land Use Change and Socio-Economic Condition: A Study of Chitrakoot District- India [Title: Agriculture, Environment and Climate Change, Editor: Atteque Ahmad, Nizamuddin Khan and Shahab Fazal], A.K. Publications, Delhi, pp.241-256, ISBN: 978-93-88465-09-0
- Spatial Perspectives of Socio-Economic Condition in Some Selected Villages of Dry Bundelkhand, India [Title: Social and Economic Development: Issues and Challenges in India; Editor: Syed Naushad Ahmad, Ateeque Ahmad and Nizamuddin Khan], A.K. Publications, Delhi, pp.85-99, ISBN: 978-93-85022-28-9.