Department of Geography
Dr. Hasibur Rahaman
|Designation :||Assistant Professor (Contractual)|
|Thrust Area :||Rural Development, Sustainable Agriculture|
|Address :||Department of Geography, A.M.U, Aligarh -202002|
|Joining Date :||2018-08-01|
|Nature of association :||Contractual|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
|Online :||Click here to View Video Lectures|
Dr. Hasibur Rahaman is an Assistant Professor (contractual) in the Department of Geography, AMU, Aligarh. He has been an active researcher with many publications in the areas ranging from agriculture, migration, literacy, and rural development. He has qualified UGC-JRF thrice in geography and received UGC-JRF/SRF fellowship in PhD program , P.G Merit scholarship in M.A, and SBI Talent scholarship in Higher Secondary. He has participated and attended in different research activities such as research methodology workshops, capacity building programs, winter school, national and international conferences, seminars, and research events. He has done his PhD, M.A and B.A degree from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, and schooling from his hometown, i.e., Malda district, West Bengal. He is familiar with soft skill experience in software like R, E-view, gretle and QGIS. He is a life member of the National Association of Geographers of India (NAGI) and the Journal of Rural Development (JRD), NIRD, Hyderabad.
1. Rahaman, H. (2020). ‘Diversified Cropping Pattern and Agricultural Development in India- A Case study from Malda District’, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, ISBN 978-3-030-55727-0.
2. De-stunting growth of crop diversification Index: A case study from Malda District, India” International Journal of Ecology, Environment, and Conservation, Vol 26, Feb Suppl. Issue, 2020; Page No.(179- 184),(ISSN:0971765X).
3. Rahaman, H. & et.al (2019), “Status of Agricultural Development in Malda District: A Geographical Analysis” National Geographical Journal of India, Vol. 65, Issue 03, September 2019, pp. 246-256 (ISSN: 0027-9374).
4. Rahaman, H. & et.al (2019), “Land Size Class Wise Change in Cropping Pattern in Malda District – A Block Level Analysis” Journal of Geography, Environment and Earth Science International,21(4): 1-19, Jun 10, 2019; ISSN: 2454-7352.
5. Rahaman, H. & et.al (2018), “Gender Disparity in Literacy in Malda District” International Journal of Research in Social Sciences (IJRSS), Vol. 8 Issue 10, October 2018, ISSN:2249-2496.