Department of Dermatology
Prof. Syed Suhail Amin
|Qualification :||M.D. (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy)|
|Thrust Area :||DermaotoSurgery, Cosmo Laser Therapy, Acne, Melasma, Bullous Disorders|
|Address :||House No. C-3, Green Apartment, Anoopshahar Road, ,Aligarh- 202001 (U.P)|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
I am serving as Chairman Department of Dermatology since 23.08.2011. Have got 20+ years experience of teaching Dermatology at JNMC AMU. Did clinical attachment at Glaxo Department of Dermatology, Middlesbrough, England, UK. Also working as Incharge Cosmo Laser Clinic & STI clinic.
During my chairmanship period I have been able to open in 2014 a new course of M.D. (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy) with intake of two students annually and thus was able to make our Department as Post Graduate Department of Dermatology.
The First batch of M.D. (DVL) exam was conducted successfully under MCI Inspection in the month of June 2017 and MCI gave recognition to our two M.D. (DVL) seats. Later on we were also able to increase three more PG seats in our department thus making it two to five seats from the academic session (2017-2018).
I have also started Laser Therapy, Phototherapy, DermatoSurgery and established the specialized Acne Clinic, STI Clinic, Leprosy Clinic, Psoriasis Clinic, Pigmentrty & Vitiligo Clinic and Autoimmune & Vesiculobullous Disease Clinic in the Department.
I have also been a postgraduate examiner to various universities, MCQ paper setter for DNB course, subject experts of various State Public Service Commission and guided 10+5 thesis as supervisor and co-supervisor. Teaching Dermatology to M.D. (DVL), MBBS, BDS and Physiotherapy students is also a part of my duty.
I have been attending several Training programmes, Workshops, National and International Conferences, presented papers and chaired sessions at several conferences and has published 86 scientific papers in reputed national/international journals. I Have also been conferred the appreciation award for serving Dermatology at CODFI 2013 & CLINICON 2017 conference Jaipur. Main areas of specializations are Acne, Melasma, Bullous disorders and Dermatosurgery especially the Cosmo laser Surgery.
Member Editorial Advisory Board, Indian Journal of Clinical Dermatology
Life Member Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venerologists and Leprologists.
Member Society for Pediatric Dermatology.
1. Nicolau Syndrome in a Neonate, Indian J Paediatr Dermatol, 2019;20:284-5.
2. Bullous eruption in a patient with scabies: rare presentation of a common disease, Dermatol Rev/Przegl Dermatol 2019, 106, 221?224.
3. Comparative Study of Efficacy of Topical Mometasone with Calcipotriol versus Mometasone Alone in the Treatment of Alopecia Areata,
International Journal of Trichology, 2019 ;123-127.
4. Leprosy in the post-elimination era: a clinico-epidemiological study from a northern Indian tertiary care hospital, Acta Dermatovenerol APA,
5. Erythroderma due to iatrogenic immunosuppression: a case of Norwegian scabies, 2018, Our Dermatol Online. 2019, 1-3.
6. Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome and Its Components in Early Onset Androgenetic Alopecia: A Case Control Study From A North Indian
Tertiary Care Hospital, DOI: Turkiye Klinikleri J Dermatol, 2018, DOI: 10.5336/dermato.2018-63562
7. Clinico-epidemiological study of morphea from a tertiary care hospital, Curr Rheumatol Rev. 2018; 14(3): 251-254.
8. Reverse Isotopic Phenomenon in Drug Reaction with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms. Actas Dermosifiliogr. 2018, 1-3
9. Clinico-epidemiological study of leprosy from a North Indian tertiary care hospital, 2018 Nov , Int J Res Dermatol. 2018 Nov;4(4):518-521.
10.Morphea en coup d?sabre at the site of healed herpes zoster ophthamicus. Actas Dermosifiliogr. Actas Dermosifiliogr, 2018, 1-3.