Department of Anaesthesiology
Prof. Syed Moied Ahmed
|Qualification :||PhD, M.D, FICCM, FCCP, FICM, FIMSA, MNAMS|
|Thrust Area :||Critical Care Medicine, Difficult Airway Management, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation|
|Address :||Flat No. 16, Jamia Urdu Road, Civil Lines, Dodhpur, Aligarh - 202001. HOME TOWN: Kalyanpur Housing, Estate, Asansol, Bardhaman, West Bengal, 713304|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
A brief profile
Dr Moied is a graduate from Calcutta University, post graduate (MD) and doctor of philosophy (PhD) from AMU, Fellow in Critical Care Medicine from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital (New Delhi) and International Fellow in Intensive Care Medicine from Leeds Teaching University Hospital, UK. He has also been awarded the Fellow of American College of Chest Physician (FCCP), Fellow of Indian College of Critical Care Medicine (FICCM), Fellow of International Medical Sciences Academy (FIMSA) and is a Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS). He has special interest in, critical care medicine, difficult airway management and cardiac anaesthesia. He has been one of the Clinical Expert in Experts meet in Mechanical Ventilation at Switzerland for a couple of times. He is also the Instructor of ACLS, FCCS course and Difficult Airway management. He is the Editor-in-Chief of Central Journal of ISA. He has more than 104 research papers published in indexed International and National journals such as Anaesthesia, Anesthesia & Analgesia, Chest, Journal of the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine, Acta Anaesthesiol Scan, JETS, IJCCM, IJA, JOACP, IJP, etc. He is member of the editorial board and peer reviewer of various National and International Journals. In the field of airway management he is one of the authors in framing the All India Difficult Airway Guidelines. In the field of resuscitation he is the Lead author in framing the Indian CPR guidelines (COLS, BCLS, CCLS). In the domain of intensive care he has extensively worked on the newer management strategies with HFOV in ARDS patients, analysed the factors influencing the outcome of snake bite victims, suicidal hanging victims, organophosphorus poisoning and highlighted the role of antibiotic rotation, HME filters in decreasing incidence of ICU infection. He has also organized and co-ordinated a number of workshops on management of difficult airway, mechanical ventilation, CPR and CME on critical care topics in the department and in National and State conferences.
Dr Moied has been felicitated twice by the Vice Chancellor of AMU for bringing laurel to the university in 2009 and 2010. He has been felicitated by the Honorable Vice President of India and the for his contribution towards framing the Indian Guidelines for CPR. He has also been felicitated by the President of Indian Society of Anaethesiology (ISA) for his contribution in framing the ISA Difficult Airway Module and CPR guidelines. He has received the prestigious Dr Y V Bhoj Raj award for writing the best review article in Indian Journal of Anaesthesia (IJA) in 2016 and Best Academician and Researcher of the year in 2008.
Dr Moied has a total clinical & teaching experience of 26 years post MD. He has worked under various categories after acquiring Post Graduation (MD) and is presently working as a Professor since 2012. He is also the Chairman since Feb?18 and Teacher In-Charge of ICU since 2004 in J N Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University, India
- Syed Moied Ahmed, Rakesh Garg, Jigeeshu Vasishtha Divatia, SSC Chakra Rao, Bibhuti Bhusan Mishra, M Venkatagiri Kalandoor, Mukul Chandra Kapoor, Baljit Singh. Compression‚??only life support (COLS) for cardiopulmonary resuscitation by layperson outside the hospital, Indian Journal of Anaesthesia | Volume 61 | Issue 11 | November 2017, 867-873
- Rakesh Garg, Syed Moied Ahmed, Mukul Chandra Kapoor, Bibhuti Bhusan Mishra, SSC Chakra Rao, M Venkatagiri Kalandoor, Jigeeshu Vasishtha Divatia, Baljit Singh. Basic cardiopulmonary life support (BCLS) for cardiopulmonary resuscitation by trained paramedics and medics outside the hospital. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia | Volume 61 | Issue 11 | November 2017, 874-882.
- Rakesh Garg, Syed Moied Ahmed, Mukul Chandra Kapoor, SSC Chakra Rao, Bibhuti Bhusan Mishra, M Venkatagiri Kalandoor, Baljit Singh, Jigeeshu Vasishtha Divatia. Comprehensive cardiopulmonary life support (CCLS) for cardiopulmonary resuscitation by trained paramedics and medics inside the hospital. 883-892
- Sheila Nainan Myatra, Syed Moied Ahmed, Pankaj Kundra, Rakesh Garg, Venkateswaran Ramkumar, Apeksh Patwa, Amit Shah et al. Republication: All India difficult airway association 2016 guidelines for tracheal intubation in the intensive care unit. IJCCM 2017 | Volume : 21 | Issue : 3 | Page : 146—153
- Richa Gupta, Abida Malik, Meher Rizvi, Moied Ahmed, Anuradha Singh. Epidemiology of multidrug-resistant Gram-negative pathogens isolated from ventilator-associated pneumonia in ICU patients. Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance 9 (2017) 47–50
- Manazir Athar, Syed Moied Ahmed, Shahna Ali, Kashmiri Doley, Ankur Varshney, Mohd. Masood Hussain Siddiqi. Levobupivacaine or ropivacaine: A randomised double blind controlled trial using equipotent doses in spinal anaesthesia. Colombian Journal of Anesthesiology, 2 0 1 6;44(2):97–104
- Sheila Nainan Myatra, Syed Moied Ahmed, Pankaj Kundra, Rakesh Garg, Venkateswaran Ramkumar, Apeksh Patwa, et al. The All India Difficult Airway Association 2016 guidelines for tracheal intubation in the Intensive Care Unit. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia 2016, vol 60, issue 12, 922-30
- S Moied Ahmed, Manazir Ather. Mechanical ventilation in patients with chronic obstructive lung disease and bronchial asthma. Indian journal of Anaesthesia,2015;59:589-599 (BEST REVIEW ARTICLE – Dr Y V Bhoj Raj Award)
- Richa Gupta, Abida Malik, Meher Rizvi, S. Moied Ahmed. Incidence of Multidrug-Resistant Pseudomonas Spp. in ICU Patients with Special Reference to ESBL, AMPC, MBL and Biofilm Production, Journal of Global Infectious Diseases / Jan-Mar 2016 / Vol-8 / Issue-1: 25-31
- Pankaj Kundra, Rakesh Garg, Apeksh Patwa, Syed Moied Ahmed, Venkateswaran Ramkumar, Amit Shah, et al. All India Difficult Airway Association 2016 guidelinesfor the management of anticipated difficult extubation Indian Journal of Anaesthesia 2016, vol 60, issue 12, 915-21
11.S Moied Ahmed, Manazir Athar, S Ali, K Doley, O A Siddiqui, H Usmani. Acute pain services in flail chest-a prospective randomized trial of epidural versus parenteral analgesia in mechanically ventilated ICU patients. Egyptian Journal Of Anaesthesia, 2015;31:327-330
12 Ahmed SM, Das B, Nadeem A, Shyamal R. Survival pattern in patients with acute organophosphate poisoning on mechanical ventilation: A retrospective intensive care unit-based study in a tertiary care teaching hospital, Indian Journal of Anaesthesia, 2014 58;11-17
13. R. O'Leary, S. M. Ahmed, H. McLure, J. Oram, A. Mallick, B. Bhambra and A. R. Bodenham. Ultrasound-guided infraclavicular axillary vein cannulation: a useful alternative to the internal jugular vein. Br. J. Anaesth. 2012 109 (5): 762-768
14. S Moied Ahmed, Mahajan J, Abu Nadeem. Comparison of two different type of HME filters in mechanically ventilated ICU patients. J Emerg Trauma Shock. 2009 Sep-Dec; 2(3): 164–169.
15. S Moied Ahmed, KA Rizv, RM Khan, A Nadeem. Less tongue engorgement with lateral placement of the Esophageal Tracheal Combitube. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2008 52(6):834-7.
16. Ahmed SM, Ahmed M, Nadeem A, Mahajan J, Choudhary A, Pal J. Emergency management of snake bite – Pearls from literature. Journal of Emergencies, Trauma and Shock 2008; 1 (2): 97-105
17. Ahmed SM, Khan R M, Maroof M, Ahmed MAssessment of manoeuvres required for successful blind tracheal intubation through the PAXpress. Anaesthesia 2008; 63: 32–5.
18. SM Ahmed, M Maroof, RM Khan, V Singhal, K Rizvi. A comparison of LMA and the PA Xpress Tm for short surgical procedures Anaesthesia 2003; 58: 42-44