Department of Anaesthesiology
Dr. Syed Hussain Amir
|Designation :||Assistant Professor|
|Thrust Area :||Difficult Airway Management, Chronic Pain management.|
|Address :||C/O Prof S.M.Muzhir, 4/1414 D, New Sir Syed Nagar, Aligarh 202002|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
I did MBBS in 2001 and later MD Anaesthesiology in 2005 from J.N.Medical College, A.M.U, Aligarh. Then, I was appointed as Senior Resident for 1yr and 4 months. Presently, I am working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Anaesthesiology for the last 13 years. My thrust area are Airway Management, Acute and Chronic Pain Management .Some of the reputed journals which have published my articles are Journal of Clinical Anesthesia.Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandanavia, Journal of Clinical Anesthesia, Minerva Anestesiologica,Acta Anaesthesiologica Belgica, Acta Anaesthesiologica Taiwanica, Revista Brasileira de Anestesiologia , Indian Journal of Anaesthesia, and Journal of Anaesthesiology and Clinical Pharmacology.
- Kamal S, Ali QE, Das B, Amir SH, Ahmed S, Pal K. King vision video laryngoscope versus Lightwand as an intubating device in adult patients with Mallampatti grade III and IV patients. Journal of Clinical Anesthesia 2016; 34: 483- 9.
- Ali QE, Amir SH, Jamil S, Ahmad S. A comparative evaluation of the Airtraq and King Vision video laryngoscope as an intubating aid in adult patients. Acta Anaesthesiologica Belgica 2015; 66: 81-5.
- Ali QE, Das B, Amir SH, Siddiqui OA, Jamil S. Comparison of the Airtraq and McCoy laryngoscopes using a rigid neck collar in patients with simulated difficult laryngoscopy. Journal of Clinical Anesthesia 2014; 26:199-203.
- Ali QE, Amir SH, Firdaus U, Siddiqui OA, Azhar AZ. A comparative study of the efficacy of Pediatric Airtraq with conventional laryngoscope in children. Minerva Anestesiologia 2013; 79:1366-70.
- Amir SH, Ali QE, Firdaus U, Azhar A Z. Lateral Cheek retraction- A simple maneuver in aiding laryngoscopy and intubation in paediatric patients..Jurnalul Român de Anestezie Terapie Intensivã 2012; 19: 35-38.
- Ali QE, Siddiqui OA, Amir SH, Azhar AZ, Ali K. Airtraq optical laryngoscope for tracheal intubation in patients with huge lipoma at the nape- A case report Revista Brasileira de Anestesiologia 2012; 62: 5: 736
- Moazzam M, Nasreen F, Bano S, Amir SH. Symptomatic Sinus Bradycardia; a rare effect of intravenous ondansetron. Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia 2011; 1: 96-7.
- Ahmed SM, Amir SH, Mansoor T, Ali S, Nadeem A. Complications following accidental administration of 1.5% glycine intravenously. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica 2008; 52: 570-71.
- Amir SH, Ali QE, Bansal S. A comparative evaluation of Video Stylet and flexible fibre-optic bronchoscope in the performance of intubation in adult patients. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia 2017; 61: 321-5.
- Ali QE, Manjunatha L, Amir SH, Jamil S, Quadir A. Efficacy of clonidine as an adjuvant to ropivacaine in supraclavicular brachial plexus block: A prospective study. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia 2014; 58: 709-13.
- Amir SH, Bano S, Khan RM, Ahmed M, Zia M, Nasreen F. Electro-stimulation at P6 for prevention of PONV. Journal of Anaesthesia Clinical Pharmacology 2007; 23: 383-6.