Department of Anaesthesiology
Dr. Hammad Usmani
|Qualification :||MD, FIAPM.|
|Thrust Area :||Interventional Pain Management, Neuropathic and Chronic pain management.|
|Address :||4/696-A, Zohra Bagh, Aligarh, U.P.|
|Time Table :||Click to View|
|Download :||Click here to download study materials|
|Online :||Click here to View Video Lectures|
Presently, I am working as Professor in the Department of Anaesthesiology. My special field of interest is interventional pain management. After acquiring training in interventional pain management from AIIMS, New Delhi and through various international courses, I got the opportunity to join as consultant incharge of Pain Clinic at J.N.Medical College Hospital in 2005. In Pain Clinic, I have been engaged in the research and management of patients suffering from chronic pain conditions.
I have published several research papers in national and international journals on management of various acute and chronic pain conditions i.e. back pain, sciatica, herpetic neuralgia, trigeminal neuralgia, complex regional pain syndromes, cancer pain etc.
My papers have been published in reputed journals like pain physician, pain medicine, regional anesthesia and pain medicine, Indian journal of anaesthesia, Indian Journal of Pain, Journal of Anaesthesiology Clinical Pharmacology and various other national journals.
I have been elected as Chief Editor, Indian Journal of Pain, in the 34th Annual Conference of Indian Society for Study of Pain at Bengaluru in February 2019.
Indian Journal of Pain is a peer-reviewed journal with a frequency of three issues in a year. The journal is published by Wolters Kluwer India Ltd. The journal is indexed with DOAJ, Index Copernicus, Indian Science Abstracts.
- Role of interventional treatment in acute pain of Herpes Zoster and prevention of postherpetic neuralgia.Mishr a S, Rasul A, Usmani H.Indian J Pain 2019; 33 (1): 7-10.
- Management of Neuropathic Pain in India: An expert opinion from Indian alliance. Saxena AK, Ventikachalam A, Jain PN, Usmani H, et al. Indian J Pain 2018; 32:132-44.
- Conventional radiofrequency thermocoagulation versus pulsed radiofrequency neuromodulation of Ganglion Impar in chronic perineal pain of non-oncological origin. Usmani H, Dureja GP, Tauheed N, Andaleeb R, Asif N Pain Med 2018; 19(12):2348-56.
- Pregabalin versus oxcarbazepine in painful diabetic neuropathy in elderly population. Efficacy and safety in terms of pain relief, cognitive function and overall quality of life. Amir SH, Nasreen F, Usmani H, Siddiqi SS, et al. Indian J Pain 2018; 32:40-5.
- Effect of preamputation lumbar sympathectomy on stump pain of lower limbs in patients of thromboangitis obliterans (Buerger’s disease).Usmani H, Hasan M, Alam MR, Harris SH, Mansoor T, Quadir A.Indian J Pain 2016; 30:132-7.